A+

Brian in the Life of Jae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae felt how his stomach knotted when certain music teacher walked into the classroom, and closed the door behind him.

Whatever noise that the students made eventually came to stop as they realised his presence. Some of them started to whisper, mostly about how unchanged he looked even though he was engaged now. As if it was supposed to change one’s appearance.

Everyone celled him Brian after Jae (his biggest admirer) suggested the name. Jae himself said that he doesn’t look like Younghyun, but more like Brian, because he reminded him of his friend back in the States.


“Why do you all look so surprised to see me?” Brian asked as he walked over to his table, putting down the books he brought along with some notes, and already graded tests that they took a week prior.

Nobody answered his question and his eyes instinctively searched for Jae’s because he was used that the boy was the one to answer all his questions before others did. Today however, he was only met with a crown of the blond haired head. Why you might ask. Simply because Jae found his hands 100 percent more amusing than the person in front of the class, simply because he didn’t want to show his bloodshot eyes to the world...

Teacher turned his attention to the best student in his subject again after scanning the class for someone else to answer him only that he found no one. “Jae, you okay?” Eyes of everyone else were on him now, making him curl into himself even more.

Jae knew he had to answer, but his voice stopped in his throat and the only sound that came out made Brian’s worried expression become even more worried. Sungjin was quick in judging the situation and placed comforting hand on elder’s shoulder, squeezing it slightly. “Actually he’s been unwell ever since morning.” Brian just nodded his head, giving Sungjin a smile that didn’t reach his eyes and proceeded to carry out his lesson per usual. He did notice that Jae, his best and also favourite (he knew he shouldn’t have favourites) student was distant with his thoughts, and also noticed how he was avoiding looking at him at all costs.

Brian wasn’t stupid nor oblivious. He was positive that it wasn't about Jae feeling unwell since morning. More like he heard THE news...


~~ WEEK BEFORE ~~
“No offence but shouldn’t you study like this for all the exams?” Sungjin half laughed half scoffed at Jae who had his nose buried in the te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter