Chapter 8

Cupid's Classroom (SLOW UPDATES)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's POV

I sighed deeply to myself, as I walked forward I felt my mood dampen more and more. Looks like Pops isn't getting better anytime soon. I glanced up, seeing my destination come into view. I pushed away all my negative thoughts and put on the biggest smile I could muster. Things can only get better from here, right?

I enetered, which caused the bell on the door to ring. I glanced up when a voice greeted me eagerly as I entered, "Hi Jisoo." 

I stared back at him curiously, "What are you doing here Tae?" I questioned. I watched with an amused look on my face as his smile seemed to falter.

"What, not so happy to see me?" he pouted as he fiddled with a miniture rubiks cube that was being sold where the cashier, Joy, was.

"He's been here ages waiting for you," said Joy in an exasperated tone. 

I didn't feel the least bit shocked at this information as I should've been. I only shrugged at the girl who moved her eyebrows up and down suggestively. I ignored her teasing smile and plucked the rubiks cube out of Taehyung's hand. I played around with it for a few seconds until it was solved and placed it back with the others.

"Wah," Taehyung stared in awe.

I walked behind the counter and Joy handed me the jacket that all employees must wear while on the job. "See ya," she said and left since her shift had ended. 

I waved goodbye and stared at Taehyung curiously. He put his hands up in mock surrender, "My legs just took me here okay," he said smiling innocently. I felt too drained to question him more and just stared off into the distance.

 

It was almost the end of my shift and Taehyung still sat in the same spot next to me behind the counter. He seemed unbothered by all the annoyed glances I shot his way every time he kicked my seat to try and get my attention.

"Yah, Jichu~" Tae pulled on my sleeve as I continuously brushed him off, which seemed to only motivate him more. "Jichuuuu~"

"What," I groaned not being able to stand him any longer.

"Hi."

"Kim. Tae. Hyung." I growled. The boy giggled and before I could yell at him the store doors opened with a jingle. The sound of the bell caught our attention and we both stared at the boy who had just entered. I had only caught a glimpse of him before he walked into one of the aisles. Is that who I think it is...

"Was that Jin hyung?" Taehyung thought aloud.

Oh , I knew it.

I felt myself start to panic and hurriedly hid behind the counter wishing that the ground would just swallow me whole. Maybe I was being a tad bit too melodramatic but dammit, of all days to take an extra shift.

"What are you doing down there?" Taehyung chuckled as he stared at my hunched down figure, I hushed him and tried to compose myself.

I took deep breaths trying to compose myself. Jin is just like any other guy, Jisoo. I listened to my voice of reason and finally stood up from my hiding spot only to lock eyes with Jin, who stared at me blankly. I knew I should've stayed behind the counter, I sighed and began to scan his items. As I did this I noticed that he was buying bandaids and disinfectant wipes. I took a sneaky glance at the boy only to see his face bruised up and with various scratches on his face. How did I not notice that before?! My previous shy schoolgirl state was thrown out the window as I felt instant worry wash over me.

"Oh my gosh. What happened?" I asked, my hands pausing from scanning his items and I stared at him, waiting for his answer. Who did this to him?!

The boy seemed shocked at my question before he quickly composed himself. "None of your business." The boy's tone was icy cold and I felt myself shrink down a bit, wanting so desperately to hide behind the counter once again.

"Hyung, she's just worried." Taehyung shot an angry glare at the boy. "Sorry, I swear he's a nice guy." Taehyung said giving me an apolegetic look.

"I'm sorry," Jin apologized in a quiet voice and I accepted easily.

"Oh, it's alright." I avoided his eyes and instead decided to finish scanning his items. 

"So what happened hyung?" Taehyung asked. There was a heavy silence which was broken by Taehyung. "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked. You don't have to explain if you dont want to," Tae apologized.

"No, well it was just..." Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter