- CHAPTER 2.

MY "GAY" BEST FRIEND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How can I be so stupid? I hate stereotypes…all of them…and yet I agreed on teaching my best friend how to become one. My beliefs state that there’s no such thing as looking and acting gay. You either like boys or not. That’s it. That’s what being gay means. It’s not a matter of looks or actions, it’s just about what gender you’re attracted to. Well, on the other hand… I have to admit it…it would be truly nice to have Sehun acknowledge me in any kind of way… Should I really go through with this? Is it worth it selling my soul to satan? And by satan I mean Chanyeol.

 

“Earth to Mr. Byun…” Baekhyun comes back to his senses while Chanyeol jumps on top of his bed and starts annoyingly poking him on his right cheek. “Are you even listening to what I’m saying?! You keep spacing out on me you dwarf.” Chanyeol proceeds to pout like the giant idiotic child he is while resting his back against the same wall the bed is placed against.

Baekhyun gives him a smirk camouflaged as an apologetic look before attacking him with no mercy. “Who do you think you’re talking to, you brat?!” Baekhyun pulls on Chanyeol’s elf-like ear.

“Anyways…” Chanyeol continues. “I have no idea how to trick her into thinking I’m gay...”

“Oh, no.”

“Baekhyun, I’m serious.”

“A straight guy not knowing how to make his crush think he’s an offensive gay stereotype. Seriously, a tragedy.”

“You’re making it sound like I’m a terrible person.”

“I’m aware, yes.”

After school and all the club activities, Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked together to the shorter boy’s house and silently agreed on the fact that Chanyeol will be staying the night. They also decided not to go inside the bus as soon as they realized how crowded it was.

The school bus can look like a can of crushed tomatoes sometimes.

Besides…we already went over how much Baekhyun hates crowded places.

 

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol apologizes to his best friend a million times in order to guarantee his own safety. “As I was saying before you decided to get lost inside Oh Sehun’s dreamland…” Chanyeol teases to make sure Baekhyun is now paying attention. “I think we should start by the way I must walk and what kind of clothes I should wear. Also, I need to learn about that black thing you use around your eyes every morning.”

This time, Baekhyun actually ends up face-palming to avoid slapping the stupidity out of Chanyeol’s non-existing brain. “Ok, first of all… SHUT UP!” Baekhyun screams next to the giant’s ears, making the later escape to the other side of the bed. “You’re being so incredibly offensive right now! I’m gay and I walk like everyone else. Also, we wear uniforms so your clothes won’t matter at all. Are you dumb?” Chanyeol opens his mouth to answer but Baekhyun beats him to it. “Wait, don’t answer. I know you are. Park Dumbyeol.”

Chanyeol pouts once again, even though he’s perfectly aware that kind of attitude will never work when he’s dealing with Baekhyun. “You’re so mean to me.” He complains. “I just want it to be believable. You’re the only gay person I know. Well… besides Oh Sehun.” Now it’s time for Baekhyun to be the one pouting his lower lip. “I really need your help, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol begs.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “Fine, you big baby. I will teach you how to put on some eyeliner… but please control your clumsy self. I don’t want you to poke your own eye out. I won’t hold myself responsible if you go blind. It’ll be exclusively your fault.” Baekhyun gets up and heads to the bathroom before coming back with his precious makeup kit. “I also want you to understand that wearing makeup has nothing to do with my uality. It just makes me feel more confident.”

“I’ll understand whatever you need me to if that’ll make me look gayer.”

“I’m doomed.”

 

A few hours later Chanyeol becomes Baekhyun’s biggest fear.

A giant real-life stereotype.

Chanyeol transformed into a fake gay man wearing bright red skinny jeans and a black and white flannel. His face is polished with a heavy coat of foundation that’s definitely too light for his skin and his eyes are surrounded by so much eyeliner that you might as well call him Chanyeol, the panda. That or someone who just got punched, which he would definitely deserve.

He’s walking like a super model, his hips moving way too much and at a really slow pace. He also keeps talking like he has a hot potato inside his mouth.

Baekhyun’s so incredibly furious you can see smoke coming out of his ears.

“So should I be more like ‘feminine, shopping-loving queen’ or ‘loud and y’?” Chanyeol questions, ignoring Baekhyun’s death glares.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” He complains to himself between his gritted teeth. “Gayoung is rich and popular. She’ll probably love you more as a shopping buddy.”

“Nice.” He smirks looking back to the mirror. Chanyeol seems to be enjoying this a little too much. He slaps his own with his right hand before turned back to face Baekhyun. “By the way, how strong is your gaydar?”

Chanyeol doesn’t even have time to dodge the shoe that was thrown at him.

“I don’t understand why you’re so upset.” Chanyeol states showing off his best impression of an innocent child-like face. “I’ll technically be your gay best friend as well.”

“You’re so death Park Chanyeol.” There goes a second shoe. “You’re not gay; and you need to be alive to be my best friend.”

“You’re so meaaannnn.”

 

“Instead of trying to break my mirror with those flashy pants of yours how about we take a look at my songs instead? That’s why I invited you in the first place.” Baekhyun states while getting up to grab a couple of music sheets from his desk.

Chanyeol takes a seat beside him on the bed. “You’re breaking my heart.” He dramatically places a hand over his chest, tilting his entire body to the side until his head rests on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “I thought you invited me because you love me.”

“Sorry. Giant idiots with Yoda ears are not my type.” Baekhyun replies coldly, but there’s still a hint of playfulness on his tone. “Here, read this one. That’s the one I wrote last night.”

 

 

I’m so lucky to have met you.

If we meet again,

I want to tell you…

Fly to yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter