- CHAPTER 1.

MY "GAY" BEST FRIEND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the alarm clock amplifies the ears of a wide-awake Byun Baekhyun. It’s time to get up. It has been for almost two hours now. The short boy rubs the sleep out of his exhausted eyes and stretches his skinny arms before throwing all of his covers into the wooden floor right next to his bed. The thick mattress is gone in a matter of seconds.

“What’s the point of rushing?” he whispers to himself. “I won’t make it there until after lunch time no matter how fast I get ready. I might as well take my time.”

He steps down into the blankets that are now working as really wrinkly rugs under his feet. Baekhyun swears he can feel his own body heat from when he was sleeping with them. The temperature maintains itself while he walks on the carpeted floor of his room, but shivers give him their greetings as soon as he steps on top of the cold pearl white bathroom floor.

Rubbing the back of his hand against his eyes one more time, he looks around at what once was a clean bathroom. Legends say he once had clean towels and shiny tiles on the floor; but he doesn’t remember those times.

Ignoring the mess, it’s time to start the usual morning routine. Baekhyun takes his shirt off and faces the mirror. It’s a custom of him to inspect his face every morning; as an high schooler, you never know what kind of weird pimples you might find partying around on top of your skin. His hair manages to fall down gracefully over his forehead, even if it’s still all messy from sleeping.

Baekhyun takes a heavy sigh as he opens the new small bright blue contact lenses case...From now on, be gone with chunky black nerdy glasses. Maybe he’ll actually miss them. They used to work as his personal safe zone while he was busy hiding behind books instead of facing the real world.

The real world, where he’s not just Baekhyun, a closeted teenager that barely has any friends… but a world where he’s Byun Baekhyun, a senior at SM Elite High and member of the school’s chorus.

Well… he’s still a closeted teenager that feels attraction towards boys though.

Some things never change.

 

No need to repeat the fact that Baekhyun is really, really late. There’s time for putting on his uniform, time for slightly brushing his teeth and fixing his bed hair, slicking it back carefully with a little bit of hair gel; even time for a little bit of eyeliner. There’s time to put the books inside his school bag because he never manages to do it the night before… let’s not remember the fact that little Baekhyun was up until 3am writing dramatic love songs for his secret crush.

However, there’s no time for an actual sustainable breakfast, not that he needs breakfast at 1pm anyway.

He runs to the bus stop anime style, with a piece of dry burnt piece of toast on his mouth, ignoring his mother’s screams about undernourishment. Luck must be on his side for him to make it on time.

Baekhyun sits alone at the far back of the bus, his usual spot. He also quietly hopes that no one inside the vehicle can hear his stomach growling at him because it’s mad about the lack of real food to fill him up. That is until he realizes everyone can actually hear it once he notices the weird looks and tiny giggles the old ladies in front of him are giving. There are even a few kids glancing awkwardly at him. “What’s so funny? I’m just hungry…” he thinks to himself.

It’s a bumpy ride, but an enjoyable one. It’s weird to think that in a few months from now, he’ll be living in a shared apartment in front of the university. Maybe it’ll finally be the perfect opportunity for a fresh start. He shrugs those thoughts aside and opens his new book, freshly bought from the local book fair. It’s a cheese romance—the best kind. Hardcover. Signed. A true treasure.

 

Four stops later, Baekhyun places his bookmark neatly between the pages and finally gets out of the bus. No one gets out together with him. No one is ever this late. Except for…

…the idiot running up the street looking like a maniac.

The oddly tall teenager has unusually long legs and a pair of ears that is too big and pointy to be considered normal. From far away, you can notice his right eye twitching while he cleans his sweaty forehead with the sleeve of his uniform.

What a strange creature…

…A creature also known as Park Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s best and only friend.

Yes, only friend.

Byun Baekhyun is not your average high school senior.

He doesn’t care about his status or about how many friends he has. Despite getting along with people being an easy task for him, Baekhyun usually gets the feeling that no one really cares about him that much. Well, except for Chanyeol that is.

For most students their goal is to somehow do something that will make them unforgettable after graduation. Baekhyun, on the other hand, just wants to be forgotten. The last thing he needs is nosy people trying to figure out his deepest secrets…like his uality.

“B-Baekhyun!” Chanyeol exclaims, still breathless. “W-What are you doing here?”

Baekhyun takes the book he was reading during the bus ride and slams it against Chanyeol’s arm. “I could ask you the same. What are you doing here? Did you miss class? Again”

“I slept in. I was up all night playing video games.” Chanyeol explains himself while still maintaining a firm grasp on his now sore arm. “What about you?”

“Same thing.” He admits. “Inspiration hit me hard and I wrote a couple of songs. Come over after school. I need your opinion on some lyrics.”

 

Growl

 

“Fine, but now let’s head over to the cafeteria. Your tummy sounds mad.” Chanyeol mocks Baekhyun’s empty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter