- CHAPTER 4.

MY "GAY" BEST FRIEND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A beautiful Sunday morning arrives. The birds are singing, stray cats are walking around the neighborhood, the smell of hot tea dances in the air…

BEEP BEEP BEEP

… and the sound of the alarm clock is greeting Baekhyun good morning.

So rude.

"Really? Who sets an alarm on a Sunday?" Baekhyun wonders while looking at the noisy object, rubbing his right eye with such anger it’s turning red already.

Baekhyun yawns. No, there’s no way he’s getting up at eight thirty on a Sunday. He turns off the alarm and goes back to sleep…only to be interrupted seconds later by his mother.

His mother comes in without knocking on the door and rants about the trip to the hairdresser she planned later in the afternoon. “Get up, son. Quit being so lazy. You’re so young. You should be living your life, not sleeping!” She laughs at full volume and takes the covers away from her son, that shivers and flinches at the sudden lack of heat on his body.

“Oh, don’t worry about it, mom. I’ll live my life well…after sleeping extra 5 hours.” He answers after yawning again, stretching his arms and cracking his neck.

“There’s no time for that, son! Sleeping is underrated!” She says brightly while lifting Baekhyun back up from his bed. He wonders where she gets these words from. “Anyways, Chanyeol is here to see you. I’ll send him up before I leave.”

"Mom, I don’t really feel like—” Baekhyun frowns when he realizes his mother already left the room, completely ignoring him.

He lays back down, trying to get back into his cozy comfortable position under his massive blanket. He believes he heard his name. Someone’s talking to him. His mother probably forgot to say something. He decides to ignore it, but the sudden movement of snapping fingers in front of his nose has Baekhyun startled and forces him to come back to reality even though he thinks reality right now.

“Byun Baekhyun.” Chanyeol says his name and pokes his nose before tacking a sit on the bed. “Are you listening? Wait, don’t answer that. You’re still sleeping.”

“What do you want? Don’t you have a new best friend to hang out with?” Baekhyun barks back.

“As I was saying…” Chanyeol continues, ignoring Baekhyun’s filed attempt at provoking him. “I went shopping with Gayoung yesterday. Who knew girls could be that boring? How am I supposed to know the different between Persian blue and Egyptian blue? It’s freacking blue!”

“It serves you right.”

“Maybe I don’t feel gay enough on Saturdays. Should I try again on Wednesday?”

“Start praying because once I get up from this bed, you’re a dead man.” Baekhyun glares at him while throwing back his covers.

Chanyeol instinctively gets up and takes a few steps back. “Hey, so aggressive so early in the morning. You should be thanking me I rejected Sehun’s invite to brunch. You got some time alone with him, didn’t you? I’m a matchmaking king!”

“Yes, I did.”

“Great. What did you talk about?”

“You.”

 

 

Wednesday arrives, and Baekhyun is losing his mind already. There’s no way all of this was simply a coincidence, and Baekhyun is driving himself crazy thinking about the situation. There’s no way Sehun likes Chanyeol… right? He just found out about Chanyeol being gay. Or at least what’s what everyone thinks he is. There’s way… Sehun had secret feelings for Chanyeol all along?

No…No… That’s not possible.

Or… is it?

The truth is… Baekhyun has secret feelings for Oh Sehun. He has been in love, mesmerized and hypnotized by Oh Sehun’s beauty for so long.

Maybe… Maybe that’s how Sehun feels towards Chanyeol? There’s no other explanation for it at this point.

For example, yesterday in class. Sehun sat together with him and Chanyeol at lunch. Something he never did before. He looked like he wanted to say something to Chanyeol but chickened out at the last moment; but that didn’t keep him from staring. Baekhyun caught Sehun looking at Chanyeol the same way Baekhyun looks at Oh Sehun himself.

But it was horribly obvious that Sehun was trying to flirt with Chanyeol. There’s no other way to label the fact that Sehun literally called him handsome right to his face.

Chanyeol shrugged it off.

Like he didn’t even notice.

And you know why he didn’t notice?

Because…

He’s not actually gay.

 

“I still can’t believe you’re wearing a bright pink shirt under your uniform today.” Baekhyun rests his face again the library’s wall while Chanyeol looks for a book. A book for a science project. That’s one of the few reasons that you’ll find someone as dumb as Park Chanyeol inside the library. “You look like one of those helium balloons they sell at carnivals.”

“Oh Sehun said I look good. You always compliment his sense of fashion so… Maybe I don’t look that bad.” Chanyeol replies as he bends down to catch three books that he clumsily managed to drop to the floor. He’s so concentrated that he misses the way Baekhyun’s nostrils flare up with rage at Chanyeol’s statement. “Speaking of Sehun, can I ask you something?”

“Sure.” Baekhyun takes a deep breath. “What’s up?”

“Would be mad at me if I told you I kind of agreed to go to his house today?” he asks bluntly, eyes narrowing just a little bit, mocking Baekhyun and everything he stands for.

“Why? Don’t you have plans with that…that…”

“Baekhyun.” Chanyeol stops him before he says something he’ll regret later. “She was looking for the real version of the movie cliché of a gay best friend. I happened to be in the perfect place at the perfect time. That was my plan after all. That’s why all of this started, remember?”

“Making Sehun… My Sehun fall in love with you in the process was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter