- CHAPTER 3.

MY "GAY" BEST FRIEND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun wakes up to the sound of deep breathing that isn’t his own. Instead of opening his curious eyes in a pathetic attempt of discovering where the sound is coming from, he just wants to go back to sleep. Waking up can be really harsh, especially if his dreams are currently better than reality anyway.

“How long was I sleeping?” he wonders inside his head as memories from the party slowly make their way into his tired brain. Lids feeling heavy and eyes still closed, Baekhyun takes a slow deep breath before turning to the other side of what feels like a couch and trying his best to travel back inside that beautiful place; the place we often call dreamland.

He is almost there, but his journey is suddenly interrupted when the cold air kisses his milky white skin and he realizes his shirt is missing. By instinct, he rests his left hand against his leg and feels relieved when he feels the thick fabric of his jeans still covering him.

Baekhyun still wants to go black asleep, but his eyes won’t allow him to. Who would have thought that Baekhyun would be the one waking up shirtless in Sehun's couch?

He quickly changes into a sitting position, covering his upper body with the blanket he was sleeping with. The truth is… he remembers every event that occurred once he arrived to Sehun’s house; but his mind goes completely blank when he tries to remember how it ended.

Baekhyun manages to catch a glance at his messy hair by looking towards the black monitor of the flat screen in front of him. Feeling self-conscious and embarrassed with his own appearance, he quickly looks away, glancing towards his right side instead; and that’s all it takes for him to notice the person sleeping on the floor right next to the couch… Oh Sehun.

Baekhyun lets out a sound that’s close to a squeak but that also doesn’t sound humanly possible at all. Some would call it a mix between a giraffe chocking on a hot potato and the sound of air coming out of a balloon.

The sound came out louder than expected and Sehun’s body starts stirring slightly which means that the hottest boy in the universe is on the process of waking up. Baekhyun rapidly jumps back down and pretends to be sleeping to avoid awkward conversations so early in the morning.

Well… Baekhyun’s not really aware that it’s 3pm already.

“Little Bacon?” Sehun’s raspy and sleepy voice sounds like music to Baekhyun’s ears. Sleepy Sehun must be a cute Sehun. Just kidding, Sehun is always cute. “I know you’re already awake dummy.” He chuckles as his hand makes contact with Baekhyun’s arm, lightly caressing it with his cold fingers.

How would Sehun know that Baekhyun is awake if he didn’t even move? Maybe Baekhyun’s terribly awful fake snoring gave it away.

“S-Sorry…” Baekhyun speaks but still doesn’t move; oh, but he should move quickly because this couch smells like Sehun and Baekhyun could be hypnotized by this aphrodisiac sent at any living moment. “I didn’t mean to wake you up.” Baekhyun apologizes.

“Oh, it’s ok.” He sweetly replies. Baekhyun can tell the other boy is getting up by the sound of rustling fabric filling in the awkward silence between them. It takes Sehun a few minutes and some more rustling sounds before the taller boy speaks up again. “I’ll get you one of my shirts since I spilled coke on yours last night. It’ll be slightly too big for you but it still is much better than walking home shirtless, am I right?” Baekhyun can faintly hear Sehun’s childish giggling sounds as his soulmate walks out of the room.

“So that’s what happened…” Baekhyun mutters to himself, finally receiving some information that explains his overexposed upper body.

And that’s why dreaming is so much better.

 

Oh Sehun latter comes back with a black hoodie and throws it playfully to Baekhyun’s face as soon as he enters the game room. He also politely turns around for Baekhyun to get dressed; he probably noticed Baekhyun’s cheeks turning a dark shade of pink as he started lowering the blankets and accidentally exposing his delicious collarbones to his crush.

Baekhyun clears his throat as a sign for Sehun to turn around.

“So…” Sehun is the one breaking the awkward silence…again. “Is your head feeling any better? I can’t believe you sneezed so hard you hit yourself in the head with the PlayStation controller and passed out! That was insane!” The tall boy exclaims while moving his arms dramatically.

“Is that why I don’t remember anything about falling asleep or how the party ended? Because I was actually… unconscious?” Baekhyun thinks to himself.

Instead of a nice subtle blush, Baekhyun’s cheeks are now as red as that expensive Ferrari he saw on the internet last week. He’s frozen on the spot, mortified. Incredulous about what actually happened. Is he really that clumsy? He’ll never be able to forgive himself or forget how humiliating it feels to look like an idiot in front of the hottest man among all human kind. He’ll have nightmares about this incident forever and ever.

“Well, this is it.” Baekhyun continues his train of thoughts. “I’ll have to leave town… no… I’ll have to leave the country! I’ll move to the other side of the world, change my identity and dye my hair grey. I’ll start off somewhere new and live quietly as an old farmer where even my cows and pigs will make fun of me for it.”

“You’re shivering. Are you cold? Do you need a jacket?” Sehun’s voice interrupts him once again. I guess his brain will always make Sehun’s voice his main priority.

“W-What?” Baekhyun offers him a confused look together with his reply.

“No…that can’t be it. The heater is on.” Sehun puts on the iest thinking face Baekhyun has ever witnessed. He places his palm bellow the chin, index finger pointed and extended along his sharp cheekbones while his other fingers are placed beneath his thick pouty lips. “You’re probably just embarrassed.” He suddenly adds and… is that a smirk?

“N-No I’m not!” Baekhyun squeaks.

“Well, you’re either shivering because you’re embarrassed or embarrassed because you’re shivering. Which one is it, Bacon?” Sehun it’s suddenly too close to Baekhyun’s face. So close that Baekhyun can actually feel Sehun’s hot breath on the tip of his nose. Then he straightens his back again and laughs it off like it was all a jok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter