Hold My Hand - Lisoo

Bliss | BLACKPINK Collection

Requested by @jeongsthot from Twitter (lmao this is like more than a year ago im sorry)

---------

It first started in high school, junior year. It was two months after the school had begun but the skies decided it was a good idea to start raining when I was on my way home.

It didn't help either when I was anxious about the English exam I'm sure I'll flunk even though I spent all week studying for it. It's weird how the rain mirrors my feelings right now. It's a bit comforting but not enough to wash my worries away.

"You didn't wait for me." 

A voice broke me out of my pitiful trance, as I stared blankly ahead at the pouring rain, while I wait by the shed just outside the school.

I looked at her and she had her brows up high at me, even though I couldn't see them since her full bangs hid them. But I'm sure they're there, her eyes softly looking at me with her lips twitched in a small smile.

"I was looking for you."

I sighed, looking straight ahead. I don't want her to see how down I was so I purposely left without her. But I guess she knew where to find me. 

Of course, she knew. We always went home together since middle school.

"I was in a hurry. I- I have this essay that I need to finish. Sorry..."

The girl beside me sighed, seeing her nodding to herself from my peripheral vision.

"Right. We almost have all the same subjects but I guess I forgot about that..."

Oh no...

"Or you're lying to me." She turned to me and I was frozen in my seat. 

That was stupid, Kim Jisoo. How can you say such a lame excuse to your best friend?

I glanced at her but she was just smiling at me knowingly. She may be oblivious most of the time but she knows a hell lot about me. I stayed silent and she didn't push it, for which I was thankful of. I honestly don't know what my stupid mouth will say afterwards just to come up with unreasonable excuses.

I saw her stand up and tighten the strap of her backpack around her shoulders. I looked at her and she looked back with that bright smile of hers.

"Come on now." I tilted my head in confusion and she proceeded to pull me out of my seat, rambling protests to her. What is this girl doing?

"Where? If it's not obvious for you, it's raining right now, Lisa."

"So?"

"We don't have an umbrella."

She sported that incredulous look, shrugging at me like I said something nonsensical.

"So? Screw umbrellas! My favorite person needs her fix of fried chicken and maybe some iced Americano! But I still have to think about that last part because you had tons of caffeine for the past days that it might affect your vertical growth."

I scoffed in offense but I must admit, that made me smile. I glared and pushed her playfully.

"What?! I'm seriously concerned!" She was fighting herself from laughing but we ended up cracking up together. This idiot never fails to lighten up my mood, even if I act all annoyed and tough around her.

She held out her hand in front of me and I stared at it like a dummy I am.

"Hold my hand?"

I smiled at it and as soon as I held it, she ran towards the open, droplets of rain soaking our clothes, pulling me together with her.

She kept screaming like a weirdo that she already is and I can't help the laugh escaping my lips as we continued running towards my favorite chicken place.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the bright glow she exuded, amidst the gloom of the gray skies. Water droplets cascading down her full cheeks, tracing the curves out of them as her beautiful smile plastered on her face.

Wait- did I say beautiful?

And I think that was the first time I noticed something different. It wasn't as if I was already in love with her, but I knew it was different.

It was different when I felt warmth in our joined hands, even though the cold winds and rain were enveloping us.

It was a good kind of different; a familiar one.  

The second one - not that it became a habit to us, especially that I'm not really a person initiates physical touch either - was at the end of the semester of our freshman year in college.

The finals exams were over so it's a normal thing for parties to exist to end the dreadful year of sleepless nights. Who are we to say no to booze, right?

Personally, I'm not much of a drinking person, but those last exams on Foreign Language and Economics seriously bit me in the that I wanted to forget about it at least for a night.

Since I decided that I would get wasted, Lisa insisted that she wouldn't.

"Aish. What a party pooper you are, you head!"

She only chuckled at me and faked a pout.

"Stop pouting, it doesn't look good on you." I , throwing a pillow straight at her but she managed to swat away with her long arms.

She should really stop pouting because it's too cute.

She moved and sat beside me, holding me into a headlock.

"I'll only drink a few, like three bottles of beer max."

"This isn't a chill party, Lalisa. It's a 'get wasted before you see your unfortunate GPA' kind of party. Why settle for a few bottles, and beer - if I may add. Are you an old man?"

She tightened her hold into me and I did my best into getting out of it by poking her sides (which worked, thank you very much.) I rubbed my neck and she's looking at me worriedly, probably thinking she hurt me that much.

"I have to take care of you. We don't want you doing anything stupid while you're out of your right mind."

"Pfft. What am I, a baby?" I inched closer, taunting her with my glare to only be taunted back by her inching closer and smirking back at me.

It doesn't stop there. This had the audacity to speak.

"Yes. My baby." She said, winking before she went on and left me there stunned.

Oh my god. I seriously don't know what I would do with her dirty little mouth.  

"Come on now. Party's starting." She shouted loud enough before closing the door and I know she's so entertained playing me like this. 

Hell you are, Lalisa!

The teasing never ended until we arrived at the sorority house that hosted the party, which also made me eager to drink the two shots offered to us by the foyer.

"Woah, calm down there, tiger."

I whipped to glare at Lisa and stomped my way in the living room, leaving her behind. 

Pretty mature, Jisoo. Good job.

Thirty minutes into the party, I had about a few shots circulating my system. I knew I was tipsy but I'm still aware of my surroundings because as soon as I saw Lisa talking to a girl - not just any girl, may I add - the heat in my body surged right up to my head.

Freaking Park Chaeyoung. 

Who the hell doesn't even know her? She's like Miss Congeniality of the freshmen. The whole campus is in love with that girl! Even I admit that she's the nicest and that makes me more mad.

Why am I even mad is a question I asked myself while I downed another shot that was near my reach.

If looks could kill, both of them must be feeling a little pain right now but then I'm the one feeling pain as I continue to stare at them. I needed to blink, my eyes started to feel dry.

Lisa must've felt someone staring. 

As soon as our eyes met, she waved at me to join her and Chaeyoung so I did, but without forgetting to take some shots with me.

I offered one to the girl which she gladly accepted, "Hey Chaeyoung, nice seeing you tonight!" 

It was probably too enthusiastic than I'd normally let out but I'm tipsy anyway so who cares?

We clanked our shot glasses before downing them in one go. The alcohol burning through my throat.

"You too, Jisoo. Enjoying yourself?" I nodded with a little shrug, scanning around the drunk and sweaty people surrounding the room.

"It's not bad as long as there's booze. I don't know about this pooper right here if she is." I nudged Lisa.

"I'm good. Watching people doing stupid stuff out of the normal basis is quite amusing, actually."

"Also, Chaeyoung is here with me so I'm in good hands." Chaeyoung giggled at the compliment, which this of a best friend of mine joined in and something in my head ticked violently like a ticking time bomb about to blow.

I joined in with a forced laugh and fake smile. I couldn't help it!

"Well, I'll leave you two be and I'll go around and get some more drinks to myself!"

With a throbbing head, I rushed to the kitchen to get a whole bottle to drown myself. If they're having fun, then so am I!

"Good hands, my !" I can feel my voice slurring at every word I spoke. The alcohol's effect on me is getting stronger and I can slowly feel myself getting lost in it.

I roamed around quietly, with the bottle of tequila in my hand. I'm sure Sooyoung wouldn't mind if one of the bottles go missing. She did say I should help myself.

Before I realize it, I'm already out of the sorority house. Last thing I remembered was shooing off disgusting couples kissing by the doorway and laughing at some guys tumbling around the lawn.

I was suddenly put into a stop when somebody grabbed my arm and turned me around, making me dizzy. I had to shut my eyes for a few seconds.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I shrugged, "Having fun with my good friend here!" Showing her my bottle of alcohol that's almost finished.

"You could've at least told me so I went with you if you wanted to leave..." Lisa watched me, somewhat amused of my state. Whatever, I don't care.

"I didn't bother. You were too busy having fun with Park Chaeyoung anyway." I might've emphasized the name too much, but clearly Lisa is having fun with how things are going since she's still looking at me funny. This .

"What are you looking at?" She shook her head, laughing to herself. Is she crazy?

"Are you jealous?"

I glared at her, swaying from side to side as I kept my grip on the bottle I'm holding.

"Me? Jealous? In your dreams, Lalisa!" I turned around, taking a swig of the remaining alcohol without a care in the world.

"Go back to Park Chaeyoung! She's more fun than I am!" I waved at her while still looking ahead so she wouldn't see the forming pout on my lips. I probably look pathetic.

It was silent for a moment and I knew Lisa might have went back to enjoy the rest of the night without me. Screw them! I was the one who forced her to go with me and I'm the one who ended up sulking while she's out there enjoying the night.

What a loser.

I continued walking myself home, intentionally kicking the rocks in my way while mumbling stuff that I don't even think I understand myself.

I was alarmed when I suddenly felt an arm around my shoulders, pulling me against their body. Before I knew it, the bottle I was holding was taken from me and I could feel my legs shaking in fear but I had to keep it together.

Do I elbow him? Do I start running and yelling? What to do???

Lisa where the hell are you?

"It's not good for a beautiful girl like you to be wandering around drunk and alone at night..."

I heard low husky voice and I can feel sweat trickling down my face. I guess this is how I die...

"How about I go with you? How does that sound?"

He whispered right into my ear and I felt goosebumps all around my body. I slowly shook my head and distanced myself from him.

"I can handle myself. Please leave me alone."

I quickly tried to walk away as much as my drunken state could handle but before I could turn by the curb, I heard a high pitched laugh that I know everywhere I go.

I turn to the sound and I scoffed at the sight of my best friend crouched down, laughing her off.

"Yah! Lalisa, I'll kick your !"

I sped back up to her, almost falling face first on the ground but she was quick to pull me up and assist me, still laughing if I may add.

 "You freaking idiot! You scared the out of me." I hit her arm several times, slurring all my words which makes her continue laughing while complaining that it hurts. Serves you right!

"You should've seen how you froze when I touched you. That was hilarious."

I glared at her. I probably looked funny since she's still not taking me seriously but I stood my ground. Everything's getting blurry and my head is dizzy.

"Why are you here? I told you to go back and have fun with miss congeniality, Park Chaeyoung."

"I had my fun alright. I couldn't just let you go off alone. I had to take care of you, remember?"

I felt my face getting hotter and it's probably the alcohol taking effect. I stared at her speechless, watching her stare back at me.

She inched closer and put a hand on my cheek.

"You're red and warm. Let's get you cooled down at home, booze monster."

I just nodded.

"Can you walk properly?"

"Yeah, I can. Just a bit dizzy but I'll manage."

"Okay then," She held out her hand at me and I looked at it, "Hold my hand?"

And I did. We walked down the street silently and I know I'm still a bit tipsy when some of my thoughts already slipped my mouth before I could stop them.

"You like Chaeyoung?"

Lisa glanced at me with brows raised before looking back ahead.

"Yeah, she's nice. It's good talking to her."

I nodded to myself, feeling the night breeze against my body.

"You should try asking her out."

I heard her smile and I didn't have to look at her to confirm that. I've noticed a lot of little things she does that not everyone would try to remember ever since I've been friends with her. Every single thing she does amuses me but I didn't try to think deeper meaning into it.

"Nah, I don't like her like that. Plus, I've learned that she's with Jennie."

I watched her side profile absentmindedly. It's a bit of a blur but she still looks stunning under these dim lights.

"So if she wasn't, you'd try it?"

She came into a halt and looked at me with her thinking face - the one where her brows meet together and the other one slightly raised, with her lips formed into a pout.

She shook her head, "Still not gonna. I like somebody else."

She squeezed my hand and continued to pull me into a walk back into our place.

The whole walk back home, I tried to keep silent while I try to calm the erratic beating of my stupid heart. We got home and I still failed to do it.

Stupid alcohol.

The third and fourth times weren't as memorable as the first two but I still remember them nonetheless. I wouldn't talk about it out loud but I love reminiscing about them from time to time. Those three weren't as vocal as how Lisa did the other two but I still liked how she'd try to.

Like that one where we were finally graduating from college and taking tons of picture to remember. At some point, her mom made us stop from doing silly faces and at least do one formal photo that they could print and put in the family album. So we did act normal for a second, but as soon as the second shot was about to be taken, Lisa took my hand in hers and I remember her mom saying, "Your smiles are lovely. Congratulations, you two."

There's also that one where she waited for me to be done with my job interview and as soon as I told her that I got accepted, she didn't wait to take my hands and jump in joy. She was screaming like crazy, saying "I told you you'll do great!" in between as I laughed at her reaction.

She proceeded in twirling me around the busy park and hugging me close to her, both of us a bit breathless and still giggling at the thrill of it all. 

It was a bliss.

I must be a bit crazy to assume but I know and feel it in me that the next one's about to happen.

There's no occasion happening or anything special, but I know there's something different in the air tonight.

We're in our shared apartment on a Saturday night and both of us decided to stay in instead of going out for dinner. We saw an interesting and easy recipe of orange chicken from the internet and we just had to try it for ourselves.

But here we are, in a mess - Lisa had a few flour dusts on her arms and cheeks, and some over her bangs, trying to suppress the laugh in her lips as I stared at the dish that had too much sauce compared to the one in the video.

I slowly looked from the stove to the girl beside me, who was terribly failing to keep a serious face.

"Did you add another cup of water in this?"

"No.." With an excessive shake of her head.

"Well I'm sure I didn't!"

"Okay! Maybe I did slip! I don't know!" She shrieked, running away from the kitchen.

I bit my lip at the funny sight of a tall woman running away from me. I left the sauce boiling in the stove at low heat before trudging across the room with a spatula in my hand.

"It looks like a freaking stew, you idiot!"

Lisa and I circled around the couch. I tried to hit her but she was fast enough to avoid it.

"I was worried it would dry out and burn!"

"Chickens don't swim in sauce!"

"Maybe they just haven't tried!" She argued back and I ran to chase her, swatting my spatula in the process, hoping to hit her. She turned around and that made me stop in my tracks. She grabbed my wrists, towering over me.

"I only helped, Jisoo. Stop it!" She whined and breathed out a giggle.

"You at it."

"You're no good either."

I stopped fighting back but she still held a grip on me. I looked up at her and she was just looking at me with those soft adoring eyes. I could feel my eyes getting glued at them.

We didn't speak but I felt her hand release my arm that held the spatula and slip her hand in the other. 

It wasn't the most ideal look, considering our hands had some dust of flour that we used earlier but still she held it, pulling it while inching her head closer and soft lips made contact with it.

She looked at me with the same emotions and I could tell I was looking at her with the same emotions if not more.

"I know we never really talked about it but I know we both knew there was something between us that we never questioned out loud, nor confirmed with each other..."

"All I'm saying is, after all this time, my feelings were all for you. Be mine, Jisoo."

I could feel my lips breaking into a smile, while my heart felt a rush and relief at the same time.

I kissed her cheek that lasted more than it should and left her to check the food in the kitchen.

She stood still at the living room while I turned the fire off from the stove once I was satisfied at how it looked and tasted. I set the spatula down and took off my apron. 

I leaned on the counter and she still had her eyes fixated on me. She didn't speak but I know she's dying to know what I think and feel.

"I've always been yours, Lisa."

She smiled and proceeded to set the coffee table by the living room since dinners with her also consisted with Netflix marathon.

Once she was done, she stood across from me by the counter and leaned as well, closing the gap with a kiss on my lips. I could feel a knowing smirk forming as she did, before breaking it and inching just enough to look at me with a smile that I mirrored.

"Just stating the obvious but I'm glad that's all cleared out."

She's a dork and I hate (love) her, but I couldn't agree more.

----------

A/N: That was a weird ending but I hope you liked it. Non-beta'd. Consider this my post Christmas and Valentine's gift for you all. I hella miss lisoo and writing.

Comments are deeply appreciated!

-sel