Wonder - Lisoo

Bliss | BLACKPINK Collection

Based on the idea: AU in which Kim Jisoo encounters a striking beauty in small neighborhood in a big foreign city. In a place and growing interest unknown to her, will she be able to see her again?

DhFWTHkVMAAFpKm.jpgDhFWTHuV4AExyJR.jpg


Finishing college was the biggest relief she felt for awhile. So when her parents asked her what she wanted for her graduation gift, she grabbed the chance of traveling alone in places she's never been to escape the burnout from everything that has happened in four years. 

Kim Jisoo doesn't particularly love traveling since she's terrible at directions. But things unknown to her piques her interest so once she landed in Bangkok, she was met with the driver she booked to drive her around for a day or two around the city. 

After checking in at the hotel, Jisoo met with the driver, Nick, who opened the door for her at the backseat but opted for the passenger seat.

"Where would you like to go, Miss?"

"I don't have any schedule for today. Just tour me around. I want to see the city" 

They toured around the hot spots briefly for an hour until Bangkok's traffic was a test of patience at some point. Good thing nick knows the shortcuts around the city which made the road trip bearable. They got off the main roads and drove around the small streets of the city. 

"Drive slowly. I'm not in a hurry. I want to enjoy the fresh air." Nick nodded and followed. She put the window down as soon as she saw plenty of trees in the area. Some places are a bit similar to where she lived but they still had Thai characteristics that she appreciated. 

Turning at another corner, the sunlight hit her face. It wasn't striking but it was as if calling her attention. the moment she looked up, another figure caught her eyes; a girl standing at a balcony a few meters ahead. her lips turned up into a smile involuntarily. 

"Wow"

She said loud enough in a quiet neighborhood. The said girl in a pink over-sized sweater dress leaning against the steel railings turned to her direction. She leaned against the glass window, trying to take in carefully what she's seeing, as if it was art in a museum. 

Jisoo couldn't keep her eyes away and the girl wasn't looking away from her either. She doesn't know what she was doing but she couldn't wipe off the enchanted smile on her face. Before they get too far away from the house, she smiled bigger and waved at the girl up above. 

The girl turned to the other way to see if there was anyone she was waving at but there was no one there. She frowned at Jisoo.

"Hello! Bye bye!" Jisoo exclaimed at her.

She wasn't bothered that the girl looked at her weirdly as she continued waving her hand.

But she wasn't disappointed at all when she saw the girl's response. 

The other girl slowly raised her hand and waved slightly at Jisoo, mouthing bye bye to herself, still looking dumbfounded at the situation. Jisoo noticed and grinned.

"Saw something you like, Miss?" She turned to nick as soon as the figure of the girl wasn't visible anymore. She sighed.

"Yes. I like it very much." 

Days passed by and she already did everything in her schedule to travel around the places on her itinerary. It was her last day in Bangkok but it felt like she hasn't seen the things she wanted to see.

Or maybe the person that hasn't left her mind since their eyes met. 

She called nick to ask if he remembers the streets they passed by on her first day. He wasn't sure but he mentioned some streets that were also nearby the hotel, making it easier for her to look around. It must be a crazy idea but she'll surely regret it if she doesn't try. 

She had the whole day to herself.

She dressed up casually but also to impress, and with the high hopes of seeing the girl. This is out of her comfort zone but it felt thrilling and right for the first time in a long while.

With her fully charged phone, she was off for adventure. 

She didn't think this through.

Her terrible sense of direction is kicking in and she's been going around in circles according to the map she's been referring to. But she wouldn't give up now.

Her pride won't let her and she wanted to believe in the small possibility of it. 

The sun was getting hotter to bear and her short legs are starting to get tired. It was almost lunch so she checked her phone for nearby cafes or restaurants for a quick break as she continued walking.

"Ah!"

As soon as she saw a place to stop by, she collided to another figure. 

Jisoo quickly stepped back and kept her phone in her pocket. When she looked ahead, she saw a tall girl with her back facing her.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking-"

The girl turned around and she was met with the same beautiful face she saw days ago. She smiled at her.

"It's you" 

She had a surprised face, with agape and pointing a finger towards Jisoo.

"Oh! Bye bye girl, hello." She had a shy smile on as she stood in front of Jisoo, towering over her small figure.

She laughed at the nickname.

"Hello, we finally meet again."

She felt relieved that her efforts weren't put to waste. Going around in circles for the whole time made her a bit frustrated but now that she's in front of the girl she was looking for, she didn't mind anymore.

"I was looking for you."

"Me? Why?" The girl looked at her suspiciously. Jisoo pursed her lips.

"I couldn't forget about you so I had to know your name before I go back to Seoul."

"Are you going back there today?"

"Tomorrow." The girl nodded and they fell into a brief silence. 

"Lisa." Jisoo quirked up,

"My name's Lisa."

"So Lisa... I know this sounds crazy and maybe a bit creepy, but are you free to spend the day with a complete stranger?"

Lisa only stared at her. Maybe this wasn't a good idea at all

"If the stranger tells me her name, maybe I will."

Jisoo smiled knowingly.

-----------

Lisa would've offered cooking authentic thai food for jisoo, but she'd end up burning the house first before she comes up with a decent dish. They went to a small local restaurant that she frequents to and toured her around as if the neighborhood is a hot spot. Jisoo didn't mind. 

"So why Thailand?"

Jisoo raised her brow as if she was asked a weird question.

"Why not? it's the first thing that came to mind when I thought of traveling in Southeast Asia." Lisa nodded.

"I'm glad I went here though. It's beautiful." She grinned as she looked at her. 

"Are there any places you want to see?"

Lisa hummed, "I wouldn't be home if I was given a chance. Staying here while there's a whole world out there makes me more eager to go for an adventure."

"The world makes you wonder" Jisoo nodded.

"I don't wanna be stuck wondering. I want to know." 

Jisoo fell silent for a moment. She did have the same thoughts as Lisa's somehow. She's here because she wanted to know things that interested her. They were similar in some ways and it comforted her.

She looked at her, "I'm sure you will. get out there."

Lisa smiled back. 

"It's nice to have something in common with a stranger" Jisoo sighed

"You're not a total stranger to me now"

"But you don't know me either. We just shared some things to each other"

She gave Lisa a knowing smile, "It was nice knowing you though. It's like my trip is complete." 

"Too bad you're leaving tomorrow"

"Yeah I know, but i don't regret anything"

"is that so?"

Jisoo nodded, "Because i'm sure we'll meet again. I made this day happen so I'll make it happen again"

It amused Lisa of Jisoo's confidence. To some, it may be weird but it felt true to her.

"I believe you" 

The two continued hanging out as if they're close friends, telling each other stories and bantering comfortably.It's rare to find someone who gets you the way you wanted to be understood.

Is it fate?

Maybe they were just lucky they met or maybe they're just lucky to have that connection people try to find their whole lives.

It was bittersweet; to experience something you've craved for a long time in just a mere moment in your lifetime.

It's an unending wonder but it makes you look forward to exploring it.

Lisa stopped and stared at the girl walking playfully beside her. The brightness she exudes and the sparkle in her eyes were something she rarely sees.

"How are you so carefree?" she asked, making Jisoo stop too.

"I've only been this carefree since I knew you."

It was enough and Lisa didn't dare ask more.

The sun was setting and they were in front of Lisa's place like they were back to square one. She was a bit hesitant, but spoke first nonetheless.

"I don't want to say bye bye" Lisa said, making Jisoo curious.

"I won't then." Lisa pursed her lips in a tight-lipped smile, nodding slowly.

"Good, 'cause I'll be waiting for your next hello"

Jisoo smiled and waved.

"To more hellos with you."