If You Are - Chaennie

Bliss | BLACKPINK Collection

A/N: Hi! So this story takes place in one of my stories, In The Sky. I wanted to have a one shot focused on the side ship. This story is not proofread but anyway, here it is.

---------

How can a person with such big appetite not get fat? That waistline size is insane...

Also, those chubby cheeks are just too cute. I want to pinch them so bad.

Why am I so interested in her?

"Nini, are you listening to me?"

Jennie snapped out of her thoughts when the girl in front of her started waving her hand in front of her face.

"What was it again? I zoned out for a sec, sorry..." She winced at herself. Damn, Jennie. Get yourself together.

"I said, Lisa and Jisoo are inviting us to go with them at the theme park this weekend. Do you wanna go?"

"They're tagging us along to their date?" Jennie frowned. Why would they tag us along to their date?

"Lisa said they missed us so..." Chaeyoung shrugged and continued eating her food, with her cheeks puffing at every bite. The other girl couldn't help smiling at the sight.

"Are you coming?" Jennie sipped on her drink, eyeing the girl. Chaeyoung paused to look at her, as if trying to connect her thoughts with hers.

She raised her brows, low key expecting an answer that would let her spend more time with the girl. She wasn't disappointed when she saw Chaeyoung smile.  

"I'm coming if you're coming." 

"It's settled then." She tried hard not to show her enthusiasm about it and let a tight-lipped smile draw on her lips.

Her phone buzzed on the table. She opened it and saw a text from her friend.

[12:32PM Lisa]: Double-date on the weekend, Nini. I got you ;)

[12:33PM Jennie]: You're such a pain. Thanks btw. I owe you one.

Jennie heaved a sigh. She doesn't really put much effort in it for some reason but Lisa always got her back when it comes to Park Chaeyoung.

Jennie never told anyone, not even Lisa, but she doesn't know how the tall girl figured it all out. She's not the type to spill secrets anyway.

All three of them have been friends since they joined Kyle's dance crew summer boot camp before college and they've been inseparable since then. Their passion for dancing is important to them and so is their dance group.

So when Kyle made it clear the first time they were accepted into the crew that it's strictly prohibited to be in a relationship with a co-member, Jennie didn't really mind it. She was there to dance, have fun, and meet new people who shares the same interests.

But the fun started to get frustrating when she began to get all confused because of a certain girl.

In their freshman year during summer break and annual dance boot camp, Jennie fell for Park Chaeyoung.

And since then, she kept it all to herself.

She doesn't know how Chaeyoung is oblivious about it while her best friend is blatantly pairing them up, teasing them most of the time and trying to make them happen. Does she really not get it or is she turning deaf and blind about all of it?

She knows nothing. And the funny part about it is Jennie doesn't know if she should be happy or sad that she gets no reaction from the girl.

But then that's why she didn't understand herself either. It's like she wanted her to know and not know at the same time. She doesn't know where to stand in it.

So when the four of them met up at the amusement park, Lisa was smirking at Jennie, which made her nervous and uncomfortable at the same time.

What's going on in her head this time?

"What's wrong with your face, loser?" Jennie grimaced at the tall girl in front of her, who was holding Jisoo's hand.

"Nothing. I have a great feeling it's gonna be a good day, is all." Lisa beamed, turning to Chaeyoung and Jisoo. The two smiled back excitedly while Jennie looked at her suspiciously.

"Let's go!" Lisa cheered and started running, pulling her girlfriend together with her.

"Yah! Lalisa!" Jennie shouted from across the area but her expression quickly faded when someone locked arms with her.

"Come on now, Nini. Let's go have our own date too!"

Date.

Before she knew it, she was being dragged by a hopping Chaeyoung to the entrance of the amusement park. She couldn't help the grin forming on her lips as she hopped along with the tall girl. Would you see Jennie Kim doing that on a normal basis?

No.

Only Chaeyoung has that effect on her.

And maybe the girl's effect on her is too much, because she couldn't say no to every ride that the girl would ask her to go with. Chaeyoung asks her enthusiastically and would even pout if she answered way too long for her liking (because she's contemplating for her life's safety at every ride). 

What is she gonna do? Say no?

Pfft. That's not an option.

So when the four of them got out of that third crazy hell of a ride, Lisa was carefully assisting her shaking girlfriend, followed by a giddy Chaeyoung and a terribly dizzy Jennie Kim.

The girlfriends went to sit down on a bench nearby. Jisoo was never a fan of heights but she did try to get on with them as much as she can to face her fears and Lisa stayed by her side, which helped to ease down her nerves.

"I told you we don't have to ride all of it, especially that one." The tall girl worriedly tucked a loose hair behind the girl's ear and pat the beads of sweat trickling down the girl's face. "Look at you, you're so pale."

Jisoo smiled softly, "It's alright. I wanted to try it anyway. It was fun even though scary." Lisa pouted at her, making her chuckle a bit. "All I need is water and I'll be good."

"Okay, I'll get you some water." Lisa kissed her cheek, before paying attention to the other two. "Ya, Park Chaeyoung! Can you watch over Jisoo for a bit. I'll just go get all of us some water."

Her best friend gave her a thumbs up and the girl went on her way. Chaeyoung saw Jisoo lean on the bench and close her eyes for a bit. She turned to see where Jennie was because she's been silent for the whole time.

"Jen-" She looked behind her and saw the girl looking pale as well, rubbing her temple gently with a frown drawn across her face. She quickly attended to her and wrapped an arm around her waist to guide her towards the bench where Jisoo was.

"What happened to you? You okay?"

"..just dizzy." Jennie leaned against the bench just like Jisoo did and Chaeyoung could only watch.

"You small people..." She shook her head. Jennie would've glared at her at the remark but she's too busy conditioning her head, trying not to worsen the situation with an accident involving creating a mess.

"Jennie, you could've told me if you weren't feeling good..." She removed the stray hair covering her face and fanned air on the two girls.

"It's okay, I got to ride them with you anyway..." Jennie muttered absentmindedly, too dizzy to even care of what comes out of . 

Jisoo opens an eye and glances at the girl beside her, lips turning into an amused smile before glancing at the tall girl in front of them who was watching Jennie worriedly.

Lisa arrived not long after, giving two bottles of water to Chaeyoung before going to Jisoo's side and letting her drink. Chaeyoung did the same for Jennie, who was thankfully looking better than she did minutes before.

Jisoo was leaning on Lisa's shoulder while her girlfriend rubbed circles on her back.

Chaeyoung watched Jennie carefully, tending to her attentively. Jennie shot her a look.

"I'm okay, Chaeng. You don't have to worry anymore."

"You sure?" She asked and continued fanning her. Jennie smiled at her appreciatively, "Yes, I'm sure. Thank you for taking care of me."

"I feel like it's my fault for forcing you to go those rides with me." Chaeyoung looked down on her fumbling hands.

Jennie put her bottle down and bent down to get the other girl's attention. When the girl hesitantly spared her a glance, she smiled at her.

"You didn't force me into anything. I just really have bad motion sickness sometimes and I wanted to go those rides with you."

Jennie smiled even bigger, showing Chaeyoung her cute gummy smile, which made the other girl smile back.

"As a matter of fact, I want to go on a ride with you again. Well, if you're still up for it?"

"Another? Aren't you dizzy still? I can wait until you're totally better, Jen."

The older girl suddenly stood up, wiggling her arms.

"I'm all better, see? I just needed some water and air." Lisa and Jisoo looked at her, with Lisa particularly biting her lip to stop herself from smiling smugly at the girl.

"Go now, you two. We'll stay here for a bit and let Jisoo rest. Just text me when you're done." She nudged her best friend.

Jennie held out her hand, waiting for her to hold it and go with her. Chaeyoung looked at Lisa, who was nodding her off, then at Jennie waiting in front of her. She held her hand and both of them went on her way.

"Have fun!" They heard Lisa shout at them from a distance, to which Jennie just replied with a wave.

"So where are we gonna ride next?" Chaeyoung asked at an excited Jennie that she couldn't help the amused smile on her lips. 

Jennie continued dragging her towards the entrance, to which thankfully has no long lines like the others. Soon enough, they were guided to enter in one of the cars.

The ferris wheel.

They sat beside each other as the crew closed the car and it started moving a level up as another car was being loaded.

"I know you liked heights and this one doesn't move much to trigger my motion sickness so... you ready to go up?"

Chaeyoung chuckled at the thoughtfulness of her companion. Jennie remembers little details about her even though she gets a lot of moments of forgetfulness. She couldn't help thinking it's sweet of her to consider that thing about her.

"I'm ready if you are?" She teased. She expected Jennie to back but all she could read on her face is a soft expression directed at her.

"As long as it's with you, I am."

She didn't question it anymore and both of them fell into a comfortable silence as they go up higher each time cars are being unloaded and loaded with new passengers. The two of them watched the environment outside the windows, taking in the beautiful scenery before them.

Jennie couldn't help to be amazed at the beauty she's witnessing right now. Who would've thought that the sun striking Chaeyoung's face would be something magical in her eyes?

She's unreal.

As they reached the highest part of the wheel, Jennie turned to her and placed her hand on top of Chaeyoung's, making the girl look at their hands, then to the girl beside her.

"This might seem weird but hear me out before this sudden bravery from me is gone in the next second."

Chaeyoung faced her, with full attention focused on Jennie, quite worried on what she might say. She was clueless, and honestly, she doesn't know where this is going.

"This is how high you take me," she exhaled like she was holding her breath for a long time, gesturing outside of their car that was on a pause on the peak of the ride, "slowly but thrilling, and the feeling doesn't fade until I get out of your bubble."

"And I know it goes on continuous rounds until it stops, going up then down, making all things blurry at some point when things get all fast that I can never control it. That's how I feel when I'm around you. That's your effect on me."

Jennie smiled to herself, biting down on her lip before continuing.

"It's confusing sometimes but I know the feeling is there, and I know at some point this ride will suddenly drop in a fast turn, like how my heart could easily fall for you, or fall into this scary drop where you won't be there to catch it..."

And as if on cue, the ferris wheel started turning on its fast pace. Chaeyoung felt like it moved the way Jennie described it.

Jennie paused to look her straight in the eye, her own eyes pooling with emotions that Chaeyoung figured were mixed but also overwhelmed. Her own eyes can't seem to tear away from the rawness of it all. 

"And honestly, that's all fine by me..." Jennie held her hand tighter. "It sounds cheesy and it might weird you out that I pour these out on you but, I'd rather feel all these than nothing at all, if it meant that these feelings are because of you."

Chaeyoung held out her other hand and caressed her face, waiting for her to continue.

"I like you so much and I don't mind anything else."

It almost went out like a whisper but it was clear enough for Chaeyoung to hear. Jennie felt vulnerable and free, giving one last squeeze on the other girl's hand before letting go. There was no way she could escape this situation right now, and neither can Chaeyoung, as the ride goes on and on.

It's quiet again and Jennie doesn't really mind. She didn't need an answer or a reaction from her. She's not expecting anything in return with this confession. It was more of freeing herself from the pent up feelings she kept for so long.

So when the ride came to a stop and their car was opened by the crew, she nudged Chaeyoung gently towards the exit, with a smile still painted on her lips. The younger girl was still in deep thought and she let the older girl walk ahead of her, even though she knew Jennie was still keeping her steps at a pace so she wouldn't leave Chaeyoung behind.

A few meters away and they can see Lisa and Jisoo still sitting by the bench. All Chaeyoung can think of is how this moment could be gone in a moment and she still hasn't said anything. So when she felt it was time, she took a few long strides and held on Jennie's arm.

The girl turned to her with eyebrows shot up high in confusion.

"I just want to say that I do mind and I do care for what you feel."

Jennie's expression turned soft at the realization where this conversation is about, and it was her time to face it all at once. Whatever happens with it, she'll accept it.

Chaeyoung slid her hand down to hold Jennie's hand and intertwine their fingers together. Both of them looked at their joined hands before looking at each other, searching for some sign to go on.

Words spilled out of Chaeyoung's lips before she knew it.

"I'm willing to do this if you are?"

Maybe it took Jennie by surprise, as she searched for any hint of regret in the younger girl's eyes. When she saw nothing, she stayed still but her eyes were screaming of emotions.

Chaeyoung's worries faded when the small girl took her in a tight embrace and honestly, it was the only answer she needed.