prologue

Clandestine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       College was hard - like solid rock hard - Kyungsoo didn't understand why it was made anyway, what's the purpose for learning like God knows how long for a degree, but yet he did it. Now in his second year for his bachelors (4 in total), he was so happy to graduate. Since majority of his classes were morning classes, it having to wake up early every day, with the sun barely even peeking out and you can still see the stars as you were a heavily padded jacket outside only for the weather to become hot afterwards - yeah, he sure was happy to graduate.

       Sitting in the the 7th column and in row 8, gripping on his red robe, he waits for his name to be called. His best friend, who goes by the name Park Chanyeol was sitting next to him, talking louder than the teachers on stage. He always finds it so surprising how he and Chanyeol became friends, with their personalities being only 30% similar. But now, the loud boy won't be bothering him much since his fiance, Kim Jongdae was sitting next to him, conversing in a lighthearted topic.

       "Yah," Jongdae nudged, his head turning to where Kyungsoo was, quiet as ever, "-talk to Kyungsoo. He seems nervous." Kyungsoo's head sparked up at the mention of his name, looking at his best friend's fiance and waving it off.

       "It's okay!" he dismisses, "- you guys wedding is coming close and I'm sure you guys should be talking about that. Don't wo-"

       "The wedding's in a year, Kyung." Chanyeol laughs, throwing his 5 foot 11 body to Jongdae, slapping him and hitting the poor boy who was sadly already used to it. 

       "It's never too late to start talking about it!" Kyungsoo chuckles, pinching on Chanyeol's legs for him to stop laughing, seeing that the students in front of them and around were looking at the trio like strange animals with 3 heads. "Chanyeol, shut up and focus. I bet you 500 dollars that you would miss your name being called." at that, the tall man out of the three sulks as he leans his head to his fiance's shoulders, who rolled his eyes at the dramatic man.

       Jongdae reaches his arms out to embrace the boy, patting his body like a little baby. "He's right; you would do something as dumb as that." Insulted, Chanyeol removes his long body and sulks even more. And just at that moment, Kyungsoo's name was called. The said boy widen his eyes as he fixes his robe and cap, waving slightly at his friends that were cheering like hyenas. 

       He goes up on stage as he takes the folder and diploma, bowing and shaking hands with the principal before going back down to his seat with the paper in his hand; the paper that will the be the letter to freedom - well, at least from school. "I can't believe I just graduated." he whispers to himself. Chanyeol and Jongdae looks at the boy as they started to panic when they saw the small little teardrops forming.

       As the graduations finished, Chanyeol suggested the two friends to go to the bar to celebrate on getting their bachelors, which they agreed happily. With Chanyeol driving and his fiance in the passenger seat, Kyungsoo in the back, they drove as they make their way to the bar.

 

       The bar smelt... surprisingly nice - the mix of cologne in the air with a hint of mint, and jazz music playing in the back - it made Kyungsoo want to get deadbeat drunk and go all out, but as someone who never had their first kiss, it's a big no-no. 

       The three friends made their way to the bartender to order up some drinks - with new clothes of course -, Kyungsoo plants his on the stool, unfamiliar with the place. Chanyeol senses that his friend must be uncomfortable, feeling slightly guilty. The shorter lad just waves it off, telling him to enjoy his time, get drunk and whatnot. The engage couple smiles at their friend before going somewhere else - of course - telling Kyungsoo first incase he wanted to go home. Kyungsoo never knew bars had a private room, and now he knows. He shudders at the possibility of his friend's getting it off. (actually they were just discussing loudly about Pokemon, dating for 8 years since Chanyeol was 14, he knows damn well they never really grew up). 

       Sitting at the stool, he looks at the drink menu in front of him, having absolutely no clue what in the world they were. "Who names their drinks 'sour grape foshizzle' or 'Elmo's blood'?" He sighs at the fact he didn't know what to order, but like fate, a man - wearing a tight white collar up and grey vest - stood next to him, ordering a drink he has never heard before. Startled, he looks up at the man and oh my - that man was the epitome of y and handsome - with a slightly tanned skin that was to shimmering and veiny forearms. Help. 

       The hot bod looks to his right, where Kyungsoo was sitting, before taking a seat also. "Close your mouth, sweetheart." he chuckles, and golly even his laughter was pure heaven, slightly raspy and a little deep and low. Kyungsoo blushes at the pet name before closing his mouth, to which his surprise, was gaped. The man thanks the bartender who finished making his drink, sliding one of the same drink to Kyungsoo, who widens his eyes at him. "Not to your liking?"

       "Oh, I -uh don't really drink." Kyungsoo stammers, bringing his hand to rub his neck. The man tilts his head to the side, lips pursing. 

       "There's not much alcohol. But, I won't force you." he smiles as he takes a sip of the drink. "OH, my mistake. I forgot to introduce myself, you're probably weirded out that a stranger just came and an offered you a drink. Apologies." the man grins, holding out his hand for Kyungsoo to shake. "The name's Kim Jongin, you're Do Kyungsoo if I'm not mistaken?"

       Kyungsoo eyes widen even more. How did he know his name? Is he stalking him? Who is this man and what does he wanna do to Kyungsoo? The man in front of his panics when he saw Kyungsoo shifted a little in his seat, obviously uncomfortable at the fact that he knows him. "I'm not stalking you or anything weird like that!" he promises in a panicked voice, "-I'm a teacher at your school, it's weird for a teacher to flirt with their student right?" he asks, receiving a curt nod from the doe eyed boy which he laughed at. "I had my eyes on you for awhile, and since you graduated I just thought that -uh maybe... you know we could talk?" all of a sudden, his deep voice was gone and now is replaced with a slightly pitched voice, like a pleading puppy.

       Kyungsoo shakes his thoughts in his mind before scooting a little bit closer to the teacher, still slightly wary of him since well you're really not supposed to flirt or even possibly date a teacher. "What do you teach?"

       "Chemistry."

       "How old... if you don't mind me asking."

       Jongin laughs at the flustered male before bending his arm to rest his cheeks on them. "I recently turned 27 back in January." the professor confesses.

       Kyungsoo gasps at the answer. The man looked nothing close to 27, he looked so youthful, and for goodness sake he's a teacher! Don't teachers usually age faster based on all the stress they receive? "I'm just 22, but you look 22." Jongin throws his head back in laughter, surprising the student in front of him.

       "Oh no no. You have such a baby face." Jongin grins, leaning close but not too close as he brings his hand to cover his mouth, "-you must tell me your secret." the words that left the professor made Kyungsoo laugh, his cheeks bunching up together as a heart formed on his plump lips, which the teacher obviously focused on. 'Why is he so cute?' 'Why is he so adorable?' Jongin thought as he kept talking to the latter.

 

       After 24 minutes passed as they were in a deep conversation, Kyungsoo shoots up from his seat, surprising the teacher who asked him what was wrong. "I came with my friends, I wonder if they are still here." he wonders, taking his phone out of his pocket to see that his best friend sent him 2 messages already, 7 minutes ago. He grumbles at himself for not thinking about Chanyeol and Jongdae as he opens the text message.

From Giraffe Man:

Sent at 4: 21 P.M

I saw you having a great convo with that man! hehehe, me and Jong left. :p I'll still pick you up though. Sorry Kyung, I didn't wanna disrupt you.

 

From Giraffe Man:

Sent at 4 : 22 P.M.

If you're planning to kill me for leaving you, write a letter to my grave with your new husband. hehehe, but really, don't kill me m(._.)m . I have yet to marry Dae.

 

       Kyungsoo mumbles a string of swear words as he angrily shoves his phone back in his back pocket. Jongin sees that Kyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter