Hopeless Case

Salvation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Detainee no. 081888, you'll be released now."

Jiyong was seating with his face dig on his knees inside the cell when the sudden call for him by the prison guard opening the gate made him look up. More than that, he said he'll be released, he doubt he's freed. It's been 3 days since he went to jail. He used to be an illegal gambler. He works for the boss, the owner of the gambling house and fight against its parishioners shifty. He doesn't care if he deceit others, he get a lot of money in return anyways. Not until one of his fellows betrayed their boss that lead to the whole house being raided and him being caught, the fellow who is his lover. She love him, doesn't she?

The prison guard lead him to the visitors room where a guy in his nice suit is waiting for him. He stand up and greet him.

"Please take a sit Mr. Kwon, Im Atty. Dong Youngbae, Im the who takes care of your case." He hand him his business card as he sit.

"Dong Youngbae? I don't know you."

"I was sent here by Ms. Lee Hani."

The name he just mentioned became a confidence, she didn't forget him, she loves him, his lover. He knows she's the one who betray the boss but he doesn't care as long as she's here to save him.

"Where is she? Is she waiting for me outside?" He ask hopefully. 

"Shes not here but she want me to gave you this." He hand him a white paper folded in three and a passbook.

"In any case Mr. Kwon I've already done my job, youre free now from any claims against you by the law, I'll go ahead now."

The lawyer bow to him and take his leave. He excitedly open and scan the paper only to read words that he expected was hope but on the other hand was a real disappointment. 

Jiyong,

I told you isn't it? Trust no one, bad thing you trust me. The passbook, well for the old times sake I spare you some of your money, spend it well, don't think of gambling again tsk. The rest are on me, don't worry I'll spend it in luxury. Im a ? Surely you're cursing me now while reading this, yes Im a , a you loved.

                                                      Love,

                                                     Hani, your ex-honey.

He crumpled the paper as his anger turn into tears. She's really a , a real , he trust her, he love her, so much just to be used in the end. She surely don't love him, she surely just love his money. All his money that was his life, it's all gone. This maybe the price he needs to pay for deceiving others. He's all alone now, nothing is left with him besides the passbook which contains not even a pinch of all his wealth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter