Totally Consume by Darkness

THE EYE

Days seem to move too slow for Sunggyu and his life seem too gloomy. Despite the cheer and encouragement the members, his family, the company and the fans gives he still feels so empty and lifeless. Sometimes he even wonders why God let him live and that made him cry every time. Life is too cruel for him.

 

His currently sitting on his bed listening to the news on TV while the wind gently blows from the open window on his left trying to sooth his somewhat aching heart. The news is all about good stuff with minor accident and protest here and there. Sometimes he wishes that there will be horrible news much more horrible than him so he won’t be felling much pitiful about himself. He knows that it’s not nice to wish for horrible stuff to happen to other people but he can’t help it since it’s the only way he will feel that at least his burden is much more tolerable than others.

 

He hears the door open and the voice of one of the manager echo through the gloomy room. The voice that made his heart ache more despite him not wanting to.

 

“Sunggyu, how are you? Did you finish your food?”, Geonam gently ask despite knowing the answer.

 

“Gyu, you need to eat more so you’ll recover fast and then we can finally leave the hospital”.

 

“What for!!!,” shout Sunggyu as his tears slowly drop.”Nothing await for me outside, I have nothing!!!”. By now Sunggyu is sobbing. For him it’s unfair here he is broken and blind while Geonam only suffer minor injuries with just a broken leg, a leg that after only weeks it fully recover and able to walk again. Of course he doesn’t want his manager to suffer worst or be blind but still……. why him…..

 

Sensing the pain in Sunggyu, Geonam silently leave the room after saying that the members might visit later that evening. Sunggyu continue to sob pitifully and throw the TV remote somewhere which shut the TV off. Not long a voice is heard.

 

“Why are you sad?”, ask the small voice not far away from him.

 

The voice surprise Sunggyu and made him jerk. ‘What the? I never heard the door open?’, Sunggyu ask his self.

 

“Why are you sad?”, the voice ask again.

 

Instead of answering the little boy, Sunggyu is sure the voice is from a little boy, he retort back, ”Why are you here? Get out! Get out!!”

 

The room suddenly got quite, it’s unnerving but he is thankful that everyone finally leaves him alone. He got tired from the drama he made awhile ago so he spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping.

 

After infinite appearance in Weekly Idol, the members hurriedly march to the van.

 

“Hyung, can we visit gyu-hyung now right?” ask the maknae.

 

“Yes hyung, let’s visit gyugyu now since we don’t have any activity after this!!!”, jump the happy Dongwoo.

 

“Before that hyung let’s buy gyu-hyung fried chicken first. His definitely tired of eating hospital food and now probably crying and begging the manager to eat real food, that grampa”, Woohyun laugh from his own joke.

 

“Hospital food ,” Hoya utter with much distaste.

 

“Yey, chicken!!!!,” shout Myungsoo and Sungyeol at the same time.

 

The members happily chat while walking in the hospital corridor disregarding the nurse warning luckily their voice tune down upon entering gyu’s room. Woohyun is the first to approach the sleeping leader. He kisses the leader’s forehead while he whispers his sweet greeting. The rest of the member follow suite with their greetings to the still sleeping leader without the dramatic kiss like their aegyo king.

 

Sunggyu woke up from the whispers and the hand caressing his forehead.

 

“Gyugyu, good evening!!!”, Woohyun gently voice said while the rest follow suite with their noisy greetings.

 

“Guys shut up!! You’re making Sunggyu uncomfortable,” scold Jungryul.

 

“Hyung~,” Sunggyu can hear series of whine.

 

“Gyugyu, you wan’t to eat? We brought plenty of fried chicken”, Woohyun ask as he happily prepared the chicken for their leader. Sunggyu only nod not feeling the need to talk to anyone.

 

“Woohyun-hyung we want to eat chicken too~,”whine Myungsoo.

 

“Aish, go get yours you lazy ”.

 

The group proceeds to eat while happily telling their leaders of the activities they did for the day not noticing the gloomy mood of the leader except Woohyun though. He continues to feed the silent leader. After two hours of storytelling and playful banter the members are told by Jungryul to return to their respective dorms. Woohyun requested to remain in the hospital to accompany gyu since gyu’s sister is out of town and Geonam is nowhere to be found. The three maknaes also wishes to remain but Woohyun silently ask them to retreat for now which they understand eventually since their leader never utter a word since they arrive. The member leaves the room after saying their goodbye to their leader and Jungryul after telling Woohyun that he’ll return in an hour bringing Woohyun’s personal stuff.

 

“Hyung, when will gyu-hyung smile again?”, ask the teary maknae while they walk in the hospital corridor.

 

“I don’t know Sungjong, I don’t know,” utter the equally teary Dongwoo.

 

“Guys, let’s just continue to cheer our grampa okay! I know our gyu-hyung is strong I believe so,” assured Hoya. Although the group leaves the hospital gloomy but they have a heart that bears a strong determination to bring the smile back to their hyung.

 

“Gyu-hyung, I’ll be going outside for awhile to buy more water. Do you want me to buy you some? Juice or coffee perhaps?”, ask Woohyun and Sunggyu only shake his head as response. Woohyun again kisses Sunggyu’s forehead before leaving.

 

“Your friends are noisy and that one is greasy”, utter by that same voice again.

 

Sunggyu tried to ignore the kid but his voice seems to get nearer. He can’t understand but that voice somewhat gives him chill but peace at the same time.

 

“Why are you still sad? Are you not happy they visited you? I will be. Nobody visit me nowadays.”

 

Unable to keep silent anymore he asked the kid, “Why are you here in my room again? Don’t you know the meaning of privacy?”

 

“But this is my….”, before the kid finish his sentence Woohyun return.

 

“Gyu~ I bought your favorite strawberry juice,” chirp Woohyun.

 

Sunggyu refuses to drink though. “Woohyun, I’m sleepy.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Woohyun help the leader to lie in the bed. “Gyu-hyung~ do you want me to sleep beside you?”

 

“No.”

 

“Okay~, I just sleep here in the chair beside you still so gyu-hyung won’t be lonely.”

 

Sunggyu only sigh and turn his back from Woohyun.

 

‘Gyu-hyung I miss your smile, please be okay already. I’ll do anything to make you smile again. My heart ache seeing you this way and I keep worrying about you. What are you doing now? Have you been eating well? Are you alone? Are you lonely? ,’ Woohyun mind sadly said while he caress Sunggyu’s arm.