When Darkness Fall

THE EYE

“Guys wake up, we only have three hours before the photo shoot start”, Hyoan shouts as he enter each room.

 

The infinite team is currently in majestic Jeju Island for their magazine photo shoot. They temporarily take shelter in one of the rental house near the shore.

 

“Damn, I don’t want to wake up yet. I never have this much sleep for some time,” Gyu mumble while trying to keep his eyes open but got fully awoken when Hyoan-hyung flick his head.

 

“Rise and shine gyu or will be late,” Hyoan are now trying to drag Woohyun from his bed beside Sunggyu, “Why would you like to sleep when where here in Jeju anyway. Don’t you want to see the beautiful view?”

 

“Who want’s to tour the Island at 3 in the morning hyung?, “ whine Woohyun, “It’s even cold outside and my hurt. How could you hurt the Woollim precious jewel~”.

 

“Shut up Woohyun! Don’t be such a drama queen early morning. Not rise all of you!!!,” Hyoan now proceed to kick the still dreaming Myungsoo out of the bed beside Woohyun.

 

Hyoan brutal wake-up call continues in the next room as more whine and oouchh sound follows. Infinite eats their breakfast bought by the managers hurriedly since they took longer time to bath since there’s only one bathroom in each room.

 

“Hurry up kids, in the van now!!! Seriously where going to be late,” Geonam turn to nag as he ushered the kid to the black van.

 

Sunggyu is about to enter the van when he notice something from the corner of his eyes so he turn to look at it properly. There at the corner of their building near the huge trash bin is a dark silhouette just standing there seemingly looking at him. Somehow those give him chill and he hurriedly enters the van. He wonders though what that odd man, he assume it was a man, doing there before dawn. Thinking that it was probably a devoted fan so he just shrugged the event off.

 

Despite early morning Dongwoo out of nowhere lowly keep singing the chorus of their latest song “The Eye” and Hoya sang along while the rest continue to sleep. Infinite drove in one black van: Sunggyu on the front set together with the driver Geonam, Woohyun and Hyoan in the next set followed by the rappers in the 3rd set and lastly the maknaes in the last set. Seriously everything is going smoothly but Sunggyu keep getting anxious he didn’t know why.

 

When they turn in an intersection Sunggyu notice the same dark silhouette again, his sure it’s the same man. Now his day is getting creepier. The entire ride is dark, chilly and quiet. He tried to shake off his blooming fear by shaking his head but no use.

 

“Sunggyu whats wrong? Does your head hurt?”, the manager ask concern.

 

“No hyung I’m fine. Just sleepy,” pretend Sunggyu.

 

“Okay then just take a nap. I’ll wake you up when we’re near.”

 

Sunggyu just nod. He tried to take a nap but his anxiety seems to heighten after seeing that dark figure again. They are now outside the town when again he saw that same figure this time much closer as their van pass that figure just standing at the roadside in a deserted area where the only light is their headlight. He made sure not to look at it directly since his creep out but he did notice from the corner of his eye even if he didn’t want to that the figure is indeed of a man probably late twenties wearing all black with a hat but he can’t see his face since the man is looking downward.

 

“Hyung did you see that man in the road? I keep seeing him ever since we left the building this morning.”

 

“Yah Sunggyu!!! Don’t say stuff like that. I haven’t seen any human aside from us after we left the town,” Geonam suddenly got chilled but trying to be brave. He did notice how it’s still dark and the journey is eerily quiet since the yadong stop singing and fall asleep.

 

“But hyung…”

 

“No but Sunggyu, geez where near already don’t creep us out.”

 

Sunggyu is now scared to look anywhere aside their dashboard. He keeps on praying that they arrive already and finally see lots of people. Minutes pass, their currently driving along a road that goes up the mountain when out of nowhere a bright light appear coming fast to them. Geonam try to swirl their van to avoid the impact from the incoming car but everything is moving too fast. The last thing the two remember is that the light pass them and they bump into something and the strong impact knock them both.

 

Beep…. Beep… Beep….

 

That’s the only sound that Sunggyu keep hearing and it irritates him. He tried to open his eye to stop the source of the sound but he keep seeing darkness. He tried to rub his eyes but he can't move his hand much since it's sore a lot and it somehow restricted.

 

“Hyung?”, he suddenly heard a voice and a pair of hand trying to hold his hands.

 

“Hyung….. (sobs)….hyung….(another sobs)…. You're awake?”

 

“Woohyun is that you?”

 

“Yes hyung, it’s me…,” Woohyun continue to sobs.

 

“Woohyun what happen? Why am I sore and why it so dark in here?”

 

Instead of a reply the sobs get even louder.

 

“Hyung…. Hyung…” Now he keeps hearing more voices calling for him.

 

“Yah guys, turn the lights on! It’s so dark. I can’t see any of you!,” shout Sunggyu he can’t stand not able to see anything.

 

But nobody moves as far as he can hear but sobs keep getting louder. A door open.

 

“Guys, all of you wait outside,” it was now his CEO’s gentle but commanding voice. And he heard rushing sound as the sobbing sound fading.

 

“Hyung turn the light on please!!!,” beg Sunggyu.

 

He now hears one muffled sobbing.

 

“Sunggyu calm down and don’t move too much or your wound will reopen,” the CEO replies.

 

“Wound? Why am I wounded? What happen hyung?,” Sunggyu now panic, “And please turn the light on hyung, I can’t see a thing!!!”

 

“I said calm down Sunggyu!!! Jungryul call the doctor hurry!!!”

 

The beeping sound keep getting louder and speedy as he feel his body hurt more.

 

“Sunggyu please calm down!!!”

 

“Hyung what…”, he hears lot of different noise everywhere, his body is in so much pain and most of all he still can't see a damn thing except darkness. He start to tear up as his body react violently.

 

“Please Sir, we’re requesting you to leave the room please as we tend to the patient”, is the last word Sunggyu hear before he fall asleep again.

 

Author's note: Well that's for the first chap. Hope I didn't disappoint anyone. Enjoy the rest of Cristmas!!!