4.

don't write for me ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can we talk Kim Yerim?” 

 

He didn’t wait for her agreement and already pushed her in the direction of the alley’s door. 

 

Outside, the weather was fresh, but because of her state, she didn’t feel the cold. She lifted her head for a few seconds but remembered than in Seoul you couldn’t see any stars. When she turned back to Jungkook, she saw mischief in his eyes.

 

“I’ll say what I have to say just this time, OK?” His dark look made her heart beat faster and faster. She nodded shyly, anticipated what he had to say.

 

“I had a huge crush on you when you were active.” 

 

She didn’t expect this and mostly not a declaration from him at all, even after what his hyungs said previously.

 

“This crush drove me crazy for two years. At first, I didn’t care about your band or you. Red Velvet was just another girl band from one of the Big 3. However one day, actually I know which one, I just wanted to turn my head to look at one of my friends and you were just behind me. You looked like… You looked like you didn’t want to be there but you had to hide it. It was an expression, I tried to achieve for years and you, you had it naturally. This day I knew you were different. I tried to talk to you the following month and even made some mistakes like during the Music Bank in Singapore only because I just wanted to be close to you and you didn’t see anything. I kept it to myself after your sunbae… After you know why. This feeling in my heart began to disappear as time passed because you didn’t seem to be interested at all, even if sometimes you smiled at me. And now six years later, I’m in front of you in a dark alley, telling you all of this and I don’t know why.” 

 

He stopped, out-of-breath, his eyes so dark she couldn’t tell the difference between his iris and his pupil.

 

She wanted to ask so many questions but couldn’t tell a single one. Finally one came out without thinking.

 

“Why did you stop?” 

 

She put her hands in the mouth, trying to show him that she didn’t want to ask this. 

 

“Because you were in love with someone else. And now that I told you everything, can we go back inside and you won’t have anymore a questioning look at me.” He didn’t let her talk and re-entered the restaurant. 

 

Alone in the alley, she tried to put together what he just said to her. She concluded her reflexion by something simple: if he never understood that she also had a crush and didn’t let her tell him, he didn’t deserve it. It was a simple reflexion, but she was drunk and angry.

 

Still, the feeling in her chest let her know that she didn’t win this fight. 

 

Kim Yerim 1 — Jeon Jungkook 2

 

~ ~ ~

 

When she came back to the table, only Taehyung questioned her with a look. The three other (except Jungkook) were super drunk and super sleepy. It was time for everybody to go home. 

 

Outside the restaurant, she looked at Taehyung and Jungkook, putting their hyung into a cab with a lot of difficulties. When they finished, the youngest told Taehyung he would go with them and hugged him. He also said goodbye very politely to Yerim and got up into the cab with the sleepy drunks. 

 

“It seems to be the two of us now, ready for one last drink or not?” 

 

Looking at the hour, she missed the last bus of the night. Going home wasn’t in the equation anymore, but she was still tired. 

 

“Doesn’t seem a good idea, I’ll take a cab, my bus just passed, and it was the last one,” Yerim said lamely. After an evening like this, she wouldn’t go out for the rest of the month even on New Year Eve. 

 

“Ok, sent me a message when you are home, we don’t want something to happen to our lovely Yeriminie!”

 

She broke into a smile and waved at him before getting in her cab. Her ride didn’t take long, and she was home after twenty minutes.

 

From me 

~ Home and safe 

 

From Taehyung-oppa

~ Don’t think I won’t ask you about what you talked with golden maknae

~ And don’t be like him

~ He said straight to my face that he didn’t talk to you at all

~ Sometimes I just want to throw him by the window

~ So please tell me what happens 

 

From me

~ He was the one talking

~ So if he doesn’t want to talk about, I won’t do it

~ Are you still leaving with your members?

~ Sorry oppa ^o^

 

~ ~ ~

 

Waking up at 7 AM was sleeping late for Kim Yerim, even when she was a bit hungover. She stayed in her bed for a long time, reading articles on her phone, looking at pictures and answering texts from Sooyoung about BTS. 

 

Finally, she decides to get up and eat a big breakfast because she had time. It was something she tried to do every weekend after leaving SM. At first, it was hard to adapt herself to a rhythm where nothing was scheduled by advance and by someone else. 

 

Sitting at her table, she refreshed her memory about what Jungkook said the previous night: 

First of all, he had a crush on her for a few years. After that, he lost interest because she was supposedly in love with someone else. And now he couldn’t bear looking at her. There were some pieces which didn’t watch together. How could he think she was in love with someone else when she had a crush on him for almost three years?

 

Or maybe it was because of sunbae. No, she didn’t want to think about him like this: he wasn’t like a big brother to her, he was her big brother. He ever knew about her crush and so much about it. Jeon Jungko

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter