1.

don't write for me ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1.

Seven years since she debuted as an idol. 

 

Seven years since her first win.

 

Seven years since her first Gayos.

 

She was now 24 (Korean age) and without a company. At first, it seemed to be a good choice to leave SM but four months after, she wasn’t so sure. A dozen companies called her, but she still hadn’t made a choice. The only thing she knew was the fact that she didn’t want to be an idol anymore. She wanted a life for herself, without diets, no sleep and fan wars. 

In the four months since she left SM, she gained some pounds, began to eat everything she wanted and sleep six hours per nights. But she had nothing to do and this is why she was in this office at 10 AM to meet one Big Hit’s representative.

When she received the call four days earlier, she thought it was a mistake. The Big Hit’s man made her a proposition she couldn’t refuse (or refuse to not think about it).

“As you maybe know, Big Hit will debut a new group at the end of the year. Because you’re not under contract I can’t give you more information but it’ll be big. However, we are actually searching for songwriters, composers and coaches for them. We also know that you didn’t resign a contract with SM and we will be really glad if you could check the proposition I will send you by mail.”

So four days later, she was waiting to meet this guy and to listen a bit more about his proposition. 

In her wildest dreams, she couldn’t have asked for more: SM wanted to keep her as a singer or maybe turn her an actress but it wasn’t her dream anymore. She wanted to work for others and being recognized by her peers because of her work and not only because she came from one of the Big 3. And she knew even if she didn’t want to say it out loud that her time had passed. 

“Sorry for the wait, long time no see,” said a man entering the room after closing the door. She didn’t lift her head right when she heard the door opening but when she heard the voice, she began to feel weird. 

Kim Nam Joon took the seat in front of her, a smirk on his face and too many papers for her good health. 

“Sunbae” She bowed her head in reflex, being surprise and kind of out of the place (even if she felt this way since entering the building). 

“So you may ask yourself why I am, isn’t it?” Nam Joon began to open his folder and taking papers out of it. 

“I’m not sure, this morning is weird since I entered your building, so meeting you is kind of ‘not so weird’”. He smirked again and began to talk about Big Hit new project: a second girl band. 

The first one had been kind of a flop. Not because of the girls but mostly because of the time line: BTS was at the top and a lot of people began to criticize their company because the girl group only “surfed” on their success. Big Hit had to put them on a break and five years later, two of them left the company.

“We don’t want and need another ‘Yourself’ disaster,” started Nam Joon. “As you know, BTS is actually on a break because of enlisting. I came back last year, but three members are still there. Because we don’t know how it will be in a few months when the maknae line is back, Bang PD thought it would be a good idea to debut the girls and put me on this project.” He stopped for a few minutes and looked at Yerim, who didn’t say anything for the moment.

“What we need is a solid team around the girls,” he continued. “And I thought about you to be the leader of this team.” 

Now Yerim was kind of shocked. How and why Kim Nam Joon thought about her to lead this potential rookie group?

“This is kind of weird… Why me? Without being full of myself, I produced some songs with successes but it was under SM and I perfectly know that Big Hit and SM are really different when we talk about production,”

Nam Joon smiled again at her: “It because you have this DNA that I thought about you. We want someone to guide and help the girls with music and career. Someone who will help them with songwriting and production but at the same time, who will be their big sister. I know it kind of weird and no other companies do this but because of our previous fail, we prefer to do the best for them. And correct me if I wrong but you are kind of free agent right now, we could try for a short moment, you meet the girls and we’ll see after, agree?” 

She didn’t know how “yes” came so quickly from . 

When she cleaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter