One

The boy on the other side of the river

Taehyung visited the river once again after leaving high school, It’s as quiet and peaceful as he remembers it, just like yesterday. The river felt special to him, it filled him with happiness. 

He often finished his homework before heading home, maybe sinks his foot in the river too. When he felt like it.

 

Today, Taehyung chose to lay on the grass, He took pictures of the sky. He placed his camera next to him and closed his eyes, He felt every single blow of the soft wind playing with his fluffy hair. He smiled at the wind, because it’s a living thing. He most certainly made friends with the nature, they never judge him, nor act aggressive towards him. 

 

The wind stopped playing with Taehyung’s hair, it subsided, and it got quiet. He sat up looking around, and laid back on the grass. He sighed. 

Minutes passed, Taehyung quietly snorts. His muscles relaxes to the soft wind thats back blowing his way, the next one blows intensely. It doesn’t bother Taehyung, but gives him goosebumps. 

An aggressive one suddenly walks in on him, Taehyung didn’t expect it to be this aggressive.

He holds his backpack and camera tightly, he pins his body onto the grass. It scratches his cheek, it didn’t harm him though. The wind is still blowing intensely, it was sudden, and the way it stopped was unexpected.

 

Taehyung lifts his head off of the grass slowly, he scans the area. His eyes landed on a boy sitting on the other side of the river, he’s foreign to Taehyung. The fact that the boy appeared suddenly was quite creepy. It felt like the wind brought him here. 

 

The boy’s hair stood out, it was light-blue, a beautiful contrast between the sky above his head, and the river thats flowing in front of him. He looked unreal to Taehyung. 

The boy looks at him, cocking his head. Question marks all over his face. Taehyung slowly raises his hand waving, the sides of his lips curls up a little. The boy waves back.

He points at Taehyung, and points at his own hair. Taehyung ruffles his hair immediately feeling self-conscious, and he witnesses a leaf falling on his thigh. 

 

Taehyung’s eyes shifts up to look for the boy that ran off sight. His heart clenches a bit. He admits to himself that he was a little scared. He shoves his camera in his backpack, wears it, and runs back home.

That night Taehyung stayed up, thinking about what happened at the river. He passed out few hours later. And his brain forced him to dream about the boy he saw hours ago.

 

 

I don’t want to hurt you. He cries. Stay away from me.

 

 

Taehyung wakes up, his mom demanding him to get ready for school. He left the house hugging his mom, running to school. Taehyung enters his class receiving greetings from his classmates and friends. Class started, Taehyung spaces out, eyes stuck outside of the window. His homeroom teacher scolded him, He felt embarrassed. Taehyung still slept in the second class, and the thought of him getting scolded again didn’t bother him. Taehyung’s day wasn’t as peaceful as he wanted it to be. The bell rang, students packed their things and started leaving the school. Taehyung walks toward the school gates like everyone else. One of his classmates stopped him, he asked him if he would like to hang out. Taehyung gave him an excuse, and left the boy disappointed. He lied to him.

Taehyung didn’t like hanging out with his classmates outside of the school boarders, He didn't dislike them in particular. But he felt the need to be left alone after school. Taehyung felt bad for lying to the boy, he walks a little bit faster than before. He wanted to arrive at the river faster, so he started running almost stumbling. When he arrived he did stumble, and bruised his chin. 

 

The reason of him stumbling is the light-blue haired boy sitting across the river, but this time the boy had a ukulele between his arms. The boy got up immediately when Taehyung fell though, He looked worried. Taehyung got up brushing the dust that got all over his uniform, he was pretty embarrassed of what the boy had to witness. He dipped his head in the river, and pulled his head out shaking off the water. Like an animal. He wanted to try new things.

 

Taehyung already forgot that the boy was still there, but when he saw him. He saw him smiling. Taehyung’s eyes sparkled, and his heart skipped a beat. He sat on his knees staring. The boy still looked worried about his bruised chin. He holds his ukulele and starts playing a beautiful melody that lasted 10 seconds. Taehyung liked it, he felt his chin tingle to the sound of the boy’s ukulele.

 

Taehyung reaches up scratching his chin, he couldn’t feel the bruise. He looked confused. He quickly looked at his reflection and the bruise was gone. Taehyung was amazed, he searches for the boy. Thank god he wasn’t gone. He had a gummy smile all over his soft looking cheeks. He was relieved. Taehyung blushed at the sight.

 

Taehyung took his camera out of his backpack, he wanted to take a picture of the boy so bad. He didn't dare to do so. He took a picture of the river, the boy's legs were in the picture. That's a score. He guesses. 

The boy starts playing the ukulele once again, this time it’s extended and different. Peaceful and calming. Taehyung felt butterflies forming in his stomach, he felt sleepy. He rubbed his eyes quickly, interrupting the boy.

 

“ what’s your name ? “ 

 

The boy stared in confusion, he slowly ducks his head. Avoiding eye contact. Taehyung stares at him, all of his senses ready for what the boy has to say. The boy finally looks at Taehyung. 

 

“ Min Yoongi “

 

His voice was deeper than anticipated, Taehyung grinned. And Yoongi disappeared right after Taehyung closed his eyes. His eyelids slowly opened, He knew that Yoongi would disappear. He still was quite disappointed. Taehyung left after enjoying the nature a little more.