You're Completely Safe With Me

The Color of Love

He's coming for me.

He will.

I just know it.

Last night, Minho and Taemin already called the police and had them investigate the whole matter.  When I woke up this morning, they had told me what they told the police.  Since I'm "emotionally and almost physically scarred" from the situation, the police ordered me to stay here until they catch Jjong.

Jjong.

It's been a while since I used that nickname....I won't lie, I miss him, but ever since that incident, his feelings and actions have gone bipolar towards me.

I won't be used like a toy - being loved yet abused too much.

11:08a.m. and I'm trying to distract myself by mixing the batter for cake.

Why am I baking cake?

No reason.  Just need a distraction.

Suddenly I felt a warm presence behind me.  I felt butterflies in my stomach - the hell?

Just then a voice spoke up.  "Kibum-ah, you've already made like 5 cakes.  Taemin, Hyunki, and Yoogeun had too much in the morning already.  Minho had to leave early to drop the kids off at school and from preventing them from getting any hyper."

"Onew hyung, this cake I'm about to bake is for you and Minho."

"Minho and I don't eat sweets that often."

i rolled my eyes at his reply.  "Which is exactly why you should start eating now!  Here, taste the batter."  Before he opened his mouth to reply, I fed him a small sampling of the batter.  Hyung was shocked at first, but then he started playing with his mouth and looked back at me in wonder.  "Yah, this is actually good."

I smacked him with the beater i had in my hand.  "Well, duh!  Do you underestimate my cooking abilities?!"  I challenged him.  Onew hyung slowly backed away from me.  "Noo....."

"Hmph.  That's what I thought."

After placing the cake in the oven after a while, I started to think of something wrong.  I glanced behind me at the dining table were Onew hyung is sitting at.  He's been sitting there watching me bake the whole time.

"Onew hyung."

"Neh?"  I immediately got his attention and he straightened his back while sitting.

"Taemin just came yesterday and he's here in Daegu schooling already?  Today??"  I asked curiously.  He shrugged.

"Taemin told me the school expected him to immediately start school as soon as he settled in a house to live in."  he replied.

"Ah, okay..."  was all I could say.  Awkward silence ensued us afterwards until Onew hyung spoke once again.

"Kibum, you know you can trust me, right?"

I looked directly at him as I sat down across from where he was sitting, nodding in agreement.  His eyes had the look of determination on his face as he said the words I had wanted to hear.

"Don't worry about Kim Jonghyun.  You're completely safe with me, okay?" 

He said those words with gentle care evident in his voice.  I felt...loved...for the first time after arriving in Daegu.

No, not love as in I love Yoogeunnie and his mom everytime I come over to their place.

Love, as in... aish, this is hard to explain.  I've felt this way before from Jjong, but not so much as I do now.

...I think it can be explained by that one song called L-O-V-E.  What were the lyrics to that again?

I gazed at the clock to think and my eyes widened at the time.  "Eh?  It's 2:14p.m. already!"  I blurted out.

Onew hyung looked amused and chuckled at my actions.

L is for the way you look at me...

What the hell?  That line just came out of nowhere in my mind.  I shook my head and thought of something.

I turned to hyung.  "I'm bored.  What are we going to do here?"  I asked him.

Onew hyung shrugged.  "Well, we could play around in the house."  he answered.  I gave him a look of disbelief.

"You're seriously thinking of fooling around in the house with just the two of us?"  I asked.

Onew hyung thought about it, then nodded sheepishly, sprang out of his seat, and managed to slap me on the forearm.  "YAH!"  I yelled at him in pain.  He giggled and ran up the stairs, screaming, "TAG!  YOU'RE IT!" in English.  Aish, this house is so big and he wants me to play Tag?!

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, suddenly forming a smirk upon my face.  "Okay then, if that's the way you wanna play it, then it's on!"  I shouted in English and ran after him upstairs.

After half an hour, I ing finally caught the who keeps tripping onto objects, causing me to trip over them afterwards because he knocked them over.  I cornered him in one of the end hallways.  I grinned at him as I slowly drew closer at his hyperactive figure of a man.

...O is for the only one I see...

I paused.  The is wrong with me?!  Another line just popped into my head.  L & O...what's that supposed to spell, LOST?

Man, I really got to stop watching too much soaps on television.

I shook my head once more and punched Onew hyung on the arm.  He yelled out in pain and growled at me.  Uh-oh.

"COME HERE, BUMMIE!"  He blurted out and grabbed me by the arm as I tried to run away.  I struggled in his arms to get off until i just froze altogether as the words slowly registered in my head.

Onew hyung noticed my reaction and stopped squishing me with his arms.  "What's wrong, Bummie?"

Okay, now I definitely heard right.

"You called me... Bummie?  Why?"  I turned to look at him.

He sheepishly scratched his head and grinned.  "A slip of the tongue?  Anyways, I called you that because you always call me 'Onew hyung', so I should just call you 'Bummie' as well...at least that's what i thought.  Do you mind?"

I shook my head smiled at him cheekily.

V is very, very extraordinary...

OKAYYY.....NOT IN THE RIGHT MIND TO PROCESS RIGHT NOW!

What the am I spelling?  L...O...V...what? Oh hell no, why am I thinking of that song right now?  We're just playing Tag.

"E is even more than anyone that you adore - " I mumbled out the words but then got cut off.

"- can LOVE, it's all that I can give to you..."  Onew hyung continued with a random heavenly voice.  I just stared at him in awe.

Love is more than just a game for two....

Then I guess I'm playing a dangerous game here...oh God, am I really liking this guy already?!