This is not the reality Kim Jonghyun knows of.

The Color of Love

Jonghyun's POV

I slowly woke up out of nowhere, feeling all groggy.  I suddenly remember a while ago when Key was talking to me before I ended up sleeping on him.

*gasp* What if I drifted off to sleep while he was still talking?!

S***, he'll get angry with me again!

My eyes slowly focused on 2 figures who stood near..... a doorway?  Ah, so two people......

I smiled upon seeing Key clearly after a minute of focusing with my eyes.  I guess I really do need glasses.  My beloved was standing a good distance away from me, which was odd because usually he'd be by my side, nagging to no end about how I'm not careful.

Then I noticed the man standing beside Key, and I glared at him because his arm was in the way from seeing more of my angel.  The man glared back with his chinky eyes and, really, he did look a bit intimidating.

A doctor suddenly came in, making me even more confused, wondering what the heck I'm doing at a hospital.  "Good morning, Kim Jonghyun.  How are you feeling today?"  he asked me.  I simply shrugged, waiting patiently as he wrote some things down on his clipboard.  "Now, do you remember what happened after the burglary a year ago?"  My eyes widened at that.  "A YEAR AGO?!"  I shouted.  "THAT WAS LAST NIGHT, WASN'T IT?!"  I kept glancing at Key, hoping he'd have some hint on his face of humor so I'd know this was all a joke or something, but he kept his face frozen in a scared expression.  The glare from the man beside him didn't waver, either.  "There's no way that the library was robbed A YEAR AGO!"  I countinued to shout.  The doctor shook his head and continued to explain, along with the strange man beside Key, of what happened within the past year.  I listened in closely, but I couldn't after I heard from him that I abused my own Key to my heart, whom I love so much.  That would explain the muscles on me, too.... but me hurting Key?  That's absurd!  No - NO!

"NO!  YOU'RE LYING TO ME!"  I hollered at the doctor before jumping out of the bed, pulling the wires that were stuck to my skin.  They didn't hurt as much as how I felt at my chest, my heart feeling like it fell once the idea of actually hurting Key sunk in.  For a year?  Impossible!  I ran out of the room and ducked several times past the police guards who was guarding my room.  I glanced behind me, seeing how much more bulkier they were than me.  Was I really that dangerous?!  No!  It couldn't be!

I turned to several corridors at the hospital floor until I stopped at a window when I glanced at the patient inside.  He looked awfully familiar....

 

"Excuse me, can I help you?"  A tall man with big eyes and a slightly small head had greeted me by the doorway of his home.  I giggled in a girly manner and replied in a weird voice, "Hello, my name is Kim Junghee.  I'm looking for a friend of mine, but I can't seem to find her and now I'm lost in Daegu.  Could you possibly help me?"

 

My breath hitched as I could recall a memory that I don't think I've actually had before.  I glanced at the patient tag name outside of the room.  Choi Minho.  Wasn't that the name that guy beside Key told me who I.... who I.....

 

The man named Minho's breath hitched as I saw him watch me walk towards his lover... was it Taemin?  I stood beside him and turned to look at Minho through the mirror.  I smirked at him and turned back to Taemin, who was shaking in his chair, eyeing at me in fear.

 

"Awwww~"  I remember cooing in a high pitch voice.  "Scared, are we now?"  My finger traced out Taemin's jawline in a slow-like motion, tauntilizing him with my arrogant act and purposely making Minho angry over my sudden closeness with his lover....

 

"No....."  I gasped and clung to the window, seeing Minho resting on the hospital bed inside the room.  He looked pretty much battered up.  Was this because of me?  It can't be..... 

I checked at my body.  My arms had a couple of scratches and dirt from working.... working where?  I never worked much hard in my life except for exercising once in a while.  I really can't believe this is happening to me....

Onew's POV

I watched Kim Jonghyun from afar as I held onto Kibum from behind, my arms wrapped around his waist and my chin resting comfortably onto his shoulder.

To be honest, I believe that Jonghyun is a nice guy in the past; general, maybe.  But the concussion he had probably triggered his personality a year ago, turning him into a bad person like how he viewed the robber at that library.  And deep at the back of my mind, I'm wondering who the heck would rob a building full of books?

Looking at the emotions displayed on that man's face right now as he stares at Minho's figure in bed, I can conclude with absolute positive conviction that he really is a nice guy.  In the end, I can't be angry of what he did to Kibum in the past year.

I saw the shocked yet upset look on Kibum's face as he stared at Jonghyun.  I sighed, remembering that same longing look I wore upon visiting Eunae's grave.  I can't hold him back, not when he still may have feelings for Jonghyun.

"Kibummie, you can go to him."  I hear myself say to the man I grew fond of in a matter of short days.  I slowly let go of him, letting him silently walk towards Jonghyun to hug him.  As I saw the sigh before me, I knew that I was jealous.  I knew I fell in love with Kim Kibum.  I believe though, with absolute conviction, that he may still have feelings for Jonghyun.

I knew this would happen someday since he ran to the warehouse to rescue him, despite the year of being abused by this man.  He still cares for him.

Key's POV

"Jjong hyung, you need help."

I back hugged him, watching the man below me slowly nod and silently hug me back by wrapping his arms around mine.  I used to think this was a romantic position for us, but at the moment, with what we've been through, there's no telling how romantci this was, because it wasn't.  It was just two lovers in a broken bond, one feeling broken and the other needing help.

Slowly, I let go of him and watch as Jonghyun is led by the medical team (who have been watching us for a while until they find a cue to obtain him) to go get his brain scanned and for a check-up on his mental health.  I watched him leave, then head towards Onew hyung, who was waiting for me with a pained smile on his face.  "Yah,"  I started to say, whacking his head slightly.  "Smile more natural for me.  That's the one smile I love the most."  Onew smiled goofily a bit, wondering why my mood swing went by just like that.  "See?  Keep smiling like that.  Now let's go pick up Taemin from school."

The next day, I walked downstairs to find Onew hanging up the house phone.  "Oh hey, did someone call, hyung?"

Onew hyung nodded.  "It was the hospital.  They informed me that they released him, saying he's back in normal mental health, other than the fact that he has to catch up within a year's loss."  He informed me.  I slowly nodded, having no other comment.  What else is there to say?  Jjong may be back, but it's not like I can -

Suddenly the doorbell rang.  I looked around me, but Onew hyung already trudged up the stairs to the bathroom.  "Could you answer that, Kibummie?!"  He hollered from the stairs while I hear other voices, meaning Taemin, Hyunki, & Yoogeun woke up just now.  It was a challenge every day to make sure they get ready for school - all 3 of them.

I opened the door, smiling, until I saw who was outside the door.  "Jjong?"

He stood out there, like a cute puppy, wearing his best tuxedo.  (I remember when we wore them to prom once.)  He smiled softly at me and held flowers towards me.  I frowned when I saw what color they were.  "Are those red roses - Kim Jonghyun!   How could you steal roses from our neighbor?!"  I scolded him.  He simply smiled cheekily at me and replied, "So you can scold me again.  I missed your nagging..."  I softened a bit, but sighed, knowing exactly where this might lead to.

"Jjong, you and I.... I'm sorry, but just because your mentality is back, doesn't mean I can take you back, just like that,"  I bluntly told him.  He bit his lip in sorrow but smiled sadly in the end.  "I know, Key."

I grew confused.  "Then why the heck are you - "

"Because I love you, Key."  He smiled and took something from his pocket, fishing out a key necklace.  He came closer and practically helped me wore it on.  "You're the key to my heart.  And no matter what, even if we grow apart, we'd still be best friends, remember?"  I nodded, feeling bad suddenly.  It was as if Jonghyun read my mind because he blurted out, "Don't feel bad!  You didn't do anything... I guess it was unlucky fate which brought us to where we are now..."

I smiled at him sadly and hugged him.  "I'm so sorry....."

"Like I said, Key, don't be sorry..."  Jonghyun drew back from the hug and gave me the flowers anyway.  He kissed me on the lips softly before kissing my forehead.  "Let's stay friends, really, I'm fine.  I'd rather have you in my life as a friend than not be in my life at all.  I originally came here for a second chance, but seeing you smiling before you saw me.... it was a lovely smile, even better than how I try to make you smile." 

Before he left, and right before I said my goodbyes and closed the door, I could hear the familiar sob coming from the back of his throat.  I sighed, but not with regret.  I knew I made the right decision this time.  We're both starting anew, and I just made my first step.