Things Are Getting More ed Up

The Color of Love

Key's POV

I'm going home with Onew hyung while carrying Yoogeun.  He's carrying his Hyunki piggyback style while I'm holding Yoogeunnie in my arms.  It's sort a late-ish because Onew hyung's car couldn't run due to the engine breaking plus a flat tire, to which he doesn't carry a spare to.  So in result, we decided to walk, considering since the kids need to go to bed.

It was a good day to spend time with them like this.  It's as if I'm in a real family.  I haven't felt this comfortable feeling since the 1st time I met Jjong.

Suddenly, I shivered out of nowhere.  I have this strange feeling; like an omen waiting to open.  The evening air wasn't even cold - while we were walking the night air had been warm, surprisingly, considering it had rained earlier.  Global warming has been getting ed up lately.

As soon as we reached the house, Onew hyung slowly woke up his son clinging onto his back.  "Hyunki-yah, I need you to go down from my back and stand next to Kibum hyung...."  Onew hyung trailed off and gulped as Hyunki glared daggers at his own father.

"Kibum UMMA."  Hyunki corrected him - WAIT, WHAT?!?!  I'M TOO YOUNG TO BE A MOTHER - AND A DUDE AT THAT!

Onew hyung suddenly grinned at me and said, "Yeah, go stand next to your Kibum UMMA."  I gaped at him and glared daggers behind his back as he searched for his keys in his pocket.  He continued to snicker for teasing me, but both of us stopped what we were doing as Hyunki slowly walked up to the door and twisted the doorknob.

He pushed the door open.  The door....was unlocked?

We all walked into the house and scanned the first floor by glance.  It's awfully quiet... I settled the sleeping Yoogeun down on the couch next to Hyunki who sat down and looked up at us adults.

It's too quiet.

My eyes widened in fear as I felt the sudden chill of the night.  What if....what if Jjong came here and took Taemin *GASP* TAEMINNIE!  OMONA~!  MY POOR BABY WHAT IF HE KIDNAPPED HIM AND TORTURED HIM AND WHERE THE F*** IS CHOI MINHO?!  DID JJONG TAKE HIM, TOO?!?!??!  WHAT IF THEY DIE  -

My running thoughts were interrupted by Onew hyung, shaking my shoulders until I felt my head go a bit dizzy from the sudden stress of panic.

"Calm down, Bummie.  Actually Minho texted me way back earlier today, asking me permission if he could play soccer with Taemin outside the backyard.  Maybe they left the  - "

" - but they left the FRONT door open, hyung."  I interrupted him.

Onew hyung froze in place, but a quick second later slowly massaged my shoulders with his hands, trying to calm me down.  "I don't know, maybe they forgot?  They're teens, Bummie-ah, they may not know any better.  Let's go check upstairs, okay?" he suggested.

Then we heard Hyunki in the kitchen.  When did he get there?  "Umm......Appa, Umma.......there's a spill." his voice squeaked out.

Curious and cautious, Onew hyung and I quickly went to the kitchen and looked down at Hyunki standing next to a red liquid mess and a knife.  Besdie the knife there was a paper with more sloppy mess of red liquid.

Blood.

Hyunki raised his small hands in the air as if he got caught opening a cookie jar when he wasn't supposed to.  "I didn't do it!"  he innocently exclaimed.  I just stood there, frozen, rooted to the ground.

There was blood.

Onew hyung nodded and bent down to Hyunki's level, patting his hair.  "Hyunki, go watch your friend Yoogeun while Kibum umma and I check this, okay?"  Hyunki nodded and ran out of the kitchen.

I can see Onew hyung frightened yet took the situation under control as he slowly bent over to pick up the piece of paper.  He read a look over it, then looked up at me.  He gestured me to come to him, and slowly, my feet dragged their way to him.  Onew hyung slowly showed me the paper with a scared look on his face, but at the same time it showed anger.  What happened here...?

"It- it spells a message..."  was all Onew hyung said to me.  He immediately pulled out his cellphone and called the police.

I was too scared to read it.  This was a bloody letter?  It was probably from Jjong, which is why I'm afraid to read it.  But I know I have no choice.  My eyes stared at the paper in my trembling hands.

My Lovely Key~

I can't escape from this place,
All I see is your face,
You left me in the rain,
Alone and insane.

My insides writhe like a tempestuous sea,
I am drowning in what was once you and me.
How can this reality be?

I can't look at myself,
I store my tear drops on a shelf.
They've gathered dust,
And my heart has begun to rust.

Leave me to be,
On the tempestuous sea.
Because you will never see,
We were meant to be.

(Author's Note:  This credit goes to Shannon for this lovely teen angst poem.)

My breathing hitched as I finished reading the note.  All of this is too overwhelming for me.  I can hear Yoogeun waking up and Hyunki's small voice panick and unsettled as he talked to Yoogeun.

My head feels dizzy.  Why can't I accept Jjong's love if I know he really doesn't mean for his behavior to go this way?  Can't he control his violent bipolarity?  He didn't cut himself to write this note, right? 

I gasped as I thought of something else.  What if he used Taemin or Minho's blood?!

The information was all too overbearing for my mind to take into capacity.  I started to black out, the last thing I heard was Yoogeun and Hyunki shouting at me in panic...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minho's POV

"Oh, do come in, miss,"  I greeted her inside the house.  "Taemin and I will just be ready in a second.  It's pretty late, and we should be looking for Kibum hyung and Jinki hyung already with the kids.  Will you be okay waiting here?  I know we're strangers, but there's a mental psycho out there, and you're a lady, so...."  I scratched the nape of my neck and glanced at Taemin.  He smiled in approval and got up from the couch slowly, trying not to show the pain from earlier's....um, activity.

Kim Junghee smiled sweetly as she shooed us deeper within the house.  "That's okay, I'm pretty sure I won't be in that kind of trouble tonight.  If you boys need to freshen up, I'll just wait here." she reassured us as she went towards the couch.  Wait, the couch?

"NO!"  Taemin and I both exclaimed loudly.  Junghee looked bewildered and glanced at us.  I swear, she looks familiar.....well, she did say she knew Kibum hyung....

But it's pretty embarrassing for a girl to sit on a couch where Taemin and I just had fooled around in, so we can't let her wait on the couch.

"Um, miss, please just wait for us in the kitchen," Taemin persuaded her.  "We...um, accidentally spilled juice on the couch, so we'd prefer if you'd just make yourself at home, since you're a friend of Kibum hyung."

The lady nodded and smiled at us as she walked into the kitchen.  Taemin & I rushed upstairs to change into warm clothes and ran back down to find Kim Junghee walking out of the kitchen.  Huh....that's weird.  I didn't notice she had a bandaged arm earlier.

The piece of bandage is sticking out of her pink long-sleeved jacket.  I realize tonight she was wearing something Kibum hyung would wear - silver skinny jeans, sneakers, and something pink.  Come to think of it, if you analyze Junghee a bit more, she could look pretty handsome as a guy....I swear I've seen her before....

I felt my face heating up as I noticed Junghee swinging her arm around Taemin's shoulders.  My anger suddenly rose a bit - her arms are bigger than a normal girl's, and the sudden contact made Taemin shiver a bit and tense up.

The lady, oblivious to the whole thing, smiled widely at us.  "Let's go find Kim Kibum!"  she shouted in joy - as if he was a treasure that we had to hunt for.  I forced a smile on my face and slowly pulled Taemin away from her.  "Yeah, let's go~!"  I faked cooed along with her.

Suddenly, I don't feel so assured that we should be around her, but she dresses so much like Kibum hyung, she has to know him!

I brushed off that unsettling feeling and wrapped my arm around Taemin's shoulders.  We walked around a bit until Junghee suddenly pulled out her cellphone and glanced at it.  She looked up at us.

"Sorry, Kibum-sshi just texted me the address of where to meet him and his friend.  You mind if we all go to that location?"  she asked us.  Huh.  Weird.  I didn't hear her phone go off in a ringtone.  Maybe she had it in vibrating ringtone.  Yeah, probably it.

We walked through blocks of sidewalks and streets so much that I lost track of where we're at.  Taemin shivered beside me as Junghee lead the way by looking at her cellphone.

That's when it hit me.

Didn't she say she was lost in Daegu?  How can she know her way from here to wherever Kibum hyung wanted to meet her at?  Was he giving her directions on the phone?

Once she stopped walking and looked up at where we're at, she smiled brightly.  "We're here!"  she exclaimed happily.  I looked up and gulped.

Why the hell are we at an abandoned warehouse?!

Kim Junghee - she turned around and grinned at us.  That look - she resembles a crazy person.  I noticed the blood dripping from the slight sight of her bandage sticking out of her sleeve.

Suddenly she pulled out an object and aimed it at Taemin.  What the - a tazer!

 Before I could react, this Junghee lady acted faster.  She shot the tazer gun at Taemin, causing him to stun and fall on the ground unconscious seconds later.  I immediately shot down to his unconscious body and held him slowly.

"TAEMIN-AH!  TAEMIN - " Next thing I knew, something hit my head hard and I fell over, closing my eyes slowly to meet darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I slowly woke up to a room with nothing but a door and a window.  I looked through the window and thanked God that the lights are on the rooms.

There, on the other side of the window, was a shirtless Taemin.  He's still a bit unconscious, but his eyelids are slowly stirring to be opened.  My eyes slowly analyzed his state, and made me want to cry.

Taemin's not only shirtless - he's on a chair with his hands tied behind his back, his face towards my gaze.

His eyes slowly opened and panicked, studying the room he's in until his eyes caught my gaze.  The look on his face showed relief yet pain and shock.  Is he okay?  What happened?

Then his lips started to move, and I can hear him, since the door led to his room and the door is open.

"Minho hyung.......are you okay?"

What?  Why would you ask that?

That's when I realized I never looked down at myself.  My eyes darted to myself and I gasped.

I was shirtless as well, but suddenly there were red burns and slight cut marks across my body as if someone whipped me.  I, too, was in a chair, and I can feel my hands were tied behind my back.

What the hell is going on?!

I looked back at Taemin, my face clearly showing panic.  Suddenly he looked better compared to the state I'm in.  I hope we'll get out of this situation soon.......

"Minho hyung."

My focus went back on him.

".........I think Kim Junghee was Kim Jonghyun in disguise."

I gaped at him, then rethought things over.

Oh s***, how could I miss that?!

The blood, the looks, the way SHE acted - it barely registered into my head that she's Kim Jonghyun.

As if on cue, someone strode into Taemin's room.  It occurred to me that there were 2 doors in the room Taemin's in, while I only had one.

Jonghyun strode into the room still wearing that wig of his - he really did look like a girl without showing much of his biceps through his shirt right now.

His eyes; they were of a crazy senile person.  He really has gone crazy.

My breathe hitched as I see him walk towards Taemin.  He stands beside him and turns to look at me through the mirror.  He smirked at me and turned back to Taemin, who was shaking in his chair, eyeing at Jonghyun in fear.

"Awwww~"  Jonghyun cooed in a high pitch voice.  "Scared, are we now?"  His finger traced out Taemin's jawline in a slow-like motion, tauntilizing me with his arrogance and making me angry over his sudden closeness with MY Taemin.

"Show Junghee noona what you can do with that tongue of yours~"  he whispered seductively as he inched closer to Taemin's face.

I growled and shouted at him.  "YAH!  GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM!"

Jonghyun looked up at me and grinned, then slowly looked back at Taemin, who tried hiding his lips.  He tsked at him and shook his head.

"You know, if you didn't look so much like Key, I wouldn't be all over you by now....." he muttered in his normal voice.

Wait, Key?

Kim Kibum??

Come to think of it, sometimes they DO look alike.......but not as much as Eunae looks a lot like Kibum hyung.

I saw Jonghyun Taemin's collarbone harshly as Taemin screamed out in pain, yelling my name to come save him.  I roared at Jonghyun.  "KIM JONGHYUN, GET THE F*** OFF OF - "

"Taemin, if you really love Minho, you wouldn't want to get him hurt, would you?"

That statement was said loud and clear as he moved away from Taemin.  I could see Taemin was as confused and scared as I am.  What the -

"You have to make a choice, little Taemin.  It's either you let me do this or I do worse things to your precious boyfriend in the other room."  Just then, he pulled out a pocket knife and gestured to me.  Taemin's eyes widened in fear at the object then at me.  I shook my head wildly and screamed, "NO, TAEMIN, DON'T DO IT!"

Suddenly, my wrists stung as I tried to claw my way out of the ropes.  I could hear Jonghyun's voice saying, "You can't get out of it - I used ropes that can burn any skin in contact."  Then laughter followed after his statement.  DAMN HIM!

For the first time since Eunae noona died, I cried.  I sobbed so hard and tried looking at Taemin from the window.  I can tell he was scared by his voice quivering as he spoke to Jonghyun.

"H-How come I don't feel my wrists burning?"  he managed to squeak out.  I can tell Jonghyun was smirking at him when he responded, "Because you're special, Taemin-ah...why would I hurt you?"  I REALLY WANNA KILL HIM  NOW!

My eyes got too watery as I tried to look at the window.  All I can see is a big blur, but I can hear clearly of Taemin's sobs, pleading this bastard not to hurt me.  Did my weak state look that bad?  Apparently so.

I cried so much that I think I fell unconscious again at one point.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key's POV

I woke up to find Onew hyung beside me on my bed.  I smiled at his sleeping stature.  His skin looks so soft as the light shone from the window and spilled onto his face.  I can hear Onew hyung's slow breathing and chuckled silently.

However, last night's events spilled into mind and suddenly I felt like chocking on air. 

Is everyone here?!

I jumped out of my bed and ran out the room, immediately checking every room in the house.  No one was in all of them except for one room I haven't checked yet.  At the moment, I was really hoping Taemin and Minho were taking care of Yoogeun & Hyunki in the nursery room where Hyunki usually sleeps.

But life isn't what you always hoped for in reality.

My body froze as I opened the door to the nursery and scanned the room.  Only Hyunki & Yoogeun are sleeping on the floor with blankets and pillows below them, creating a mess on the floor.

Minho & Taemin aren't here.

Jjong took them.

I just know it.

But why?

Just then I felt a pair of strong arms wrapping around my waist.  I panicked a bit and spun around, only to sigh a huge relief when it was only Onew hyung hugging me.  I slowly hugged back and we just stood there for the longest time.

Onew hyung suddenly let go of me and held my face with his hand.  "Bummie, the kids are asleep so I'll have a good classmate of mine look after them while we go look for Minho & Taemin, okay?"  I nodded in reply.

"Who's this classmate of yours anyway?" I asked him.

"His name is Cho Jinho but people call him Jino in college.  He's really popular to the older ladies because he's the youngest and the cutest among the guys in my grade level.  He's really smart."  Onew hyung explained to me.  I nodded in understanding.

Pretty soon, we both changed quickly and waited until this Jino guy shows up.  When he did, I gaped at him and analyzed his outfit with Onew hyung's.  I pointed at both of them in shock.

"WHAT KIND OF COLLEGE DO YOU GUYS GO TO?!  THE SCHOOL OF GOOD-LOOKING GUYS?!?!?!"  I blurted out.

Onew hyung & Jino-sshi just sorta blinked at me as they stared.  Seconds later they bursted out in laughter.  I blushed in embarrassment and gazed to my Reebok sneakers.

After Onew hyung said his goodbyes to Jino, he awkwardly pulled me to the sidewalk and we started walking to the police station, which is conveniently only 3 blocks away.  Onew hyung's car was still in tow and needed to be fixed, which is really nothing compared to whatever I'm feeling right now.

I'm too worried over Minho & Taemin, knowing full well they are in the hands of Kim Jonghyun.

Finally, after a few minutes of a peaceful walk, we entered the police station and started looking over the evidence to where Jjong might be.  Wherever he is at the moment is probably where Minho & Taemin are.

 

no one's pov

Lee Jinki & Kim Kibum looked over the evidence with the other policemen in charge of the case.  Jinki continued to wrap his arms around Kibum to calm him down, seeing as Kibum couldn't stop shaking since he glanced at the bloody letter.

The policemen looked at each other in confusion then back at Jinki & Kibum.  One of them walked up directly to the 2 men to explain the report.  "It seems that this letter was mostly written in calf blood - meaning the blood of a cow.  It seems that the kidnapper ran out of calf blood, so he used a knife to cut his wrist and use the blood from it to finish the writing.  This kidnapper sure as hell is crazy, judging by the concentration of writing in this letter." the policeman explained.

"It also reports from medical field experts that the DNA from the blood connects to Kim Jonghyun,"  another policeman spoke.  That statement broke Kibum a bit as he widened his eyes and just stood there, staring at the bloody letter on the table of evidence.

Jinki's face suddenly lit up as he mentions, "My family owns a chain of meat shops in the area.  I actually have connections to find where the calf blood came from."

The policemen and even Kibum looked at him weirdly.  Jinki glared at the policemen.  "What?  I want to help my friend whatever I can help with, and I can actually get a quick analysis of where the calf blood came from which warehouse." he retorted.

Is he serious...?  was all the rest of the policemen could think about.

Judging from Kibum's hopeful expression towards Jinki, the policemen had no choice but to comply with Jinki and made a few phonecalls.  They were amazed at within the next 2 hours, Jinki had already found from one of his connections where the calf blood came from.  They gaped at the time as Kibum threw his arms around Jinki into a hug.

Kibum let go quickly and, with a determined face, nodded at Jinki.  "Let's go find your nephew and brother-in-law."

Jinki nodded, too, and grabbed Kibum's arm, leading him and the policemen to the vehicles outside.  Together, all of them rushed into the police cars and drove quickly to the warehouse destination.

Please Lord, please let my Taemin & Minho be alright.....don't take them away from me like how you took Eunae, please.........  Jinki drove faster than the speeding limit while Kibum clutched his right hand for comfort.