Four

Love on Ice

"So you're into figure skating?" Jungkook asks the dark-haired girl seated opposite him.

She sips her hot chocolate and then delicately her lips before nodding. 

"Mhmm. Yuna Kim is my idol."

He chuckles, "It's not because you have the same first name, is it?"

She shakes her head. 

"Of course not. But honestly, I think it is fate." She leans forward with an excited gleam in her eyes. "All Yunas are born as great figure skaters. We have an innate talent."

Jungkook raises an eyebrow. "And how do you know that?"

She blushes a little. "Well, not to be boastful, but I've already mastered a jump off ice. So as an early birthday present, my parents got me these skates."

"So you're a self-learner?"

"Yeah, kinda."

Jungkook nods, admiring her spirit and resolve.

"Me too. I've been working on my hockey skills while pulling shifts here."

"Yeah, I can tell." she responds dryly, no doubt thinking back to the first time they met.

He laughs sheepishly. "The part  where you were involved was unintentional."

Suddenly, she tilts her head slightly and narrows her eyes at him, as if she's just thought of something. "Wait a sec. How do you know my name anyways?"

"I overheard you saying it... you're not exactly subtle when you're angry, " he explains.

She just stares at him in shock, and there's a long, awkward silence. 

Fidgeting, and looking slightly embarassed, she says, "Oh hahaha um, yeah, that's one of my habits when I'm by myself."

"It's cute." he blurts out. Jungkook immediately curses himself. Why does he seem to have foot-in-mouth syndrome around her?

"Oh er... thanks." 

He speedily changes the topic. 

"I'm Jungkook by the way. Jeon Jungkook. I"ll be a Junior next year. What about you?"

"Oh, me too. Where do you go?"

"I'm at SOPA."

Her eyes widen, "Oh, so we're rivals. I go to Hanlim Multi Art School."

Jungkook grins. "Oh really? Well, expect a challenge this year at the Inter-School Talent Festival. You guys are going down." 

Yuna just rolls her eyes expressively. "Unlikely. We've held the titles of Best Dance Performance and Best Music Performance for three years straight now."

"And that's all going to change. I'll make sure of it." he says calmly, with a competitve glint in his eyes.

The two exchange smiles over their mugs. They are sitting in the arena's small cafe, and Jungkook had used his employee card to get them two cups of hot chocolate to share. He had initated some small talk in order to take Yuna's mind off those two creeps. As it turned out, she was pretty easy to talk to and he didn't even notice the time passing until he hears a loud cough behind him.

"Sorry to interrupt the cozy mood, but I don't recall drinking hot chocolate as one of your job duties, Jungkook." 

Like a deer caught in headlights, Jungkook turns and meets the skeptical look of his boss.

"Namjoon Hyung! Hah, yeah well you see..." 

How the hell does he explain this? But before he can speak, Yuna stands.

Bowing respectfully, she quickly comes to his rescue. "Sir, I'd like to apologize. The reason Jungkook is here is because he was helping me. There were two very questionable men who had propositioned me during the public session just now. Jungkook, of course, dispatched of them. Since I was feeling unwell, he offered me some hot chocolate from your cafe, which, I must say is very delicious. You can rest assured that I will leave a highly satisfied review of this rink on all of the social media websites."

She says all of this without pause and with a very serious face.

Namjoon is left slack-jawed. Turning to Jungkook, he asks, incredulous, "When did you get a lawyer?"

Jungkook just shrugs. "I plead the fifth?"  

Shaking his head, Namjoon gives up on questioning the two teenagers further. "I see. Well, if that is how it is, I suppose I'll have to buy that story. I'm glad Jungkook was of assistance of to you Ms.?"

"Choi. " 

"Ms. Choi." Namjoon nods in acknowledgment. "Since the public session is over now, I'll offer you a 50% discount on the next one to make up for it."

"Oh, thank you. But you don't have to do that - " Yuna responds politely.

"No, I insist."

"But it's fine, really."

"No, please accept."

Jungkook sighs. At this rate, these two would be here forever trying to out-polite the other. He's about to cut them off, when over Namjoon's shoulder he sees a familiar blonde head making its way over to them. Crap. That can only mean that Jimin hyung is here early -

"Yo! Jungkook!" the shorter, cheerful boy calls out when he's in sight. "You ready for a beatdown today man?"

Although his words sound tough, Jungkook's friend is already shooting him his famous eye-smile, causing more than a few girls (and older noonas) to give him an appreciative glance. Ugh, did his hyung have to be such a lady killer?

Irrationally, Jungkook suddenly doesn't want Yuna to see Jimin. He tells himself its because he'd get mercilessly teased about have hot chocolate with her...and he doesn't need that right now.

"Let's see if you can live up to your words, hyung!" he quickly calls out. Turning to Namjoon and Yuna, he salutes them and says, "Well since we have that all sorted out, I've gotta run."

Namjoon grabs his shoulder before he can get away. "Aren't you still on the clock kid?"

"Nope! It's 3 pm hyung." He points to the clock on the wall and flashes him a grin. "Seeya!" He gives them a final wave and jogs over to Jimin, intercepting him before he reaches their table. In the back of his mind, he registers that Yuna seemed to look at him with a slight hurt look as he left, but he files that away to ponder later. 

"Hyung, how come you're so early?" he says as he turns Jimin 180 degrees and marches him towards the other side of the rink.

Jimin gives him a confused look, probably wondering why Jungkook was ushering him away so urgently. "Clearly cuz I missed you so much, you brat." Jimin reaches out and ruffles Jungkook's hair. "Who was that girl with Namjoon by the way?"

Jungkook ignores his question and leans out of his reach. "Hey watch it shortie, you're on my turf now."

Jimin glares, all thoughts of questioning Jungkook about the girl flying out of his mind. "Yah, what have I said about talking to your hyung like that!"

Jungkook grins cheekily, "Can't take the trash talk, hyung?"

"Just wait till I school you boy." Jimin retorts.