Your Son Calls Me Daddy Too

To Tell Them A Story (My Gri One Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dad was supposed to be his son's hero. The first time Lee Yeon-jin heard his first baby said that he looked up to his daddy the most was when he was barely seventeen years old.

Big Seunghyun was his name under Lee Yeon-jin's rooftop, it soon changed into Little Seunghyun because apparently his Big Seunghyun had met another Big Seunghyun from the big city. This Big Seunghyun from big city was literally a big one. Bigger than his Big Seunghyun, older than his Big Seunghyun. So, it was settled, his son, the former Big Seunghyun was mostly known as Little Seunghyun nowadays. 

Although, it soon changed to Seungri.

Lee Seungri, which meant victory.

Okay, Lee Yeon-jin understood about the background story behind that name. His son became the biggest victory over the five of them, six previously, after he failed at the first try. However, hardwork never betrayed someone. Something that the father could be proud about his baby.

Still, it was kind of weird to call him Seungri.

Or Riri, like his international fans called him. It was easier to pronounce they said.

Or Ri, like most of his baby's close friends simply greeted him.

Or maknae, like the hyungs' favorite pet name of him. And yes, they like to pet him. Literally.

Or baby, he once heard the leader of the group silently said that.

Anyway, Seungri was really a daddy's boy. He was very docile to everything Yeon-jin said, so whenever his older baby asked something, he made sure that he got it as soon as possible. He knew it wasn't good to spoil a baby too much, but Yeon-jin just couldn't help it. His wife always warned him about it, but in the end she gave up and let him do whatever he liked.

Like buying a new complete package of golf sets. A new edition that Seungri's friends have never seen before.

Yeon-jin was a professional golf player, he wanted his baby to be like him one day. Seungri was so excited when Yeon-jin told him about his dream, the baby said he would definitely surpass him one day. That's why Yeon-jin bought him everything Seungri needed to be a professional golf player without much asking.

Until one day, Seungri found another joy in dancing.
The boy said he was so into dancing, he could forget about anything.

Yeah, like his dream to surpass his father, Yeon-jin thought.

He was thinking that the teenager phase would be over there, but then Seungri excitedly asked him to let him becoming an idol. This time, he said he would be so famous with so much money he could pay off their family's debt and give them a more proper life.

Yeon-jin knew his financial condition wasn't that good lately. His wife almost yelled at him in front of his older baby if not for him giving her his calm face and saying that everything would be alright. Seungri would soon forget his dream and come back to Gwangju to start practicing golf with his daddy once again. As far as he remembered, Seungri was a very curious boy. He wanted to try everything, but since it was too many, he couldn't focus only on something. So, up until now, the boy hasn't known his real passion yet. That's why Yeon-jin understood and had predicted how this would end.

But, he has never been so wrong in life. Seungri was never coming back. 

Seungri maybe was a spoiled child in this family, but he was mature enough to know not to worry his parents about him being lonely in Seoul. Yeon-jin knew from his baby's troubled face that his baby hasn't been liked and treated well by the company and the people inside it. And yet, since Seungri said nothing, so Yeon-jin let him be.

Sometimes, someone needed to face his problem alone in order to become a better and mature person. He couldn't be forever spoiling his baby. He knew Seungri, his big Seunghyun, his big baby, could do it.

When he heard about his son's happy sniffles behind the phone call, he discovered that Seungri had passed the second trial. He rejoiced.

And when he came to visit his son in Seoul with his wife, Seungri was proudly stated that he looked up at his father the most. He put his father as his number one speed-dial for emergency purposes.Yeon-jin once read about that in one of his baby's interviews.

He couldn't be more proud, his son, despite his raising popularity, still remembered him as his most important person. He showed off to his wife, little Hanna, his cousin, nephew, neighbors, all.

Lee Seunghyun was still his daddy's son.

At the time he was watching Bigbang's concert, he met Kwon Yong Hwa, the famous leader of Bigbang's father.

Who didn't know G-Dragon? Even his son kept talking about the older as if they weren't in the same group. Yeon-jin found it funny that his son fanboying over his own hyung. He told Kwon Yong Hwa about it, they laughed together at his baby's silliness. Kwon Yong Hwa stated, if Seungri was a daddy's son, then his boy, Kwon Jiyong was Mom's Best Son. Both became close friends after the first concert they attended as Bigbang, an uprising group's parents. When they were visiting backstage, Yeon-jin couldn't hide his grin at what his son's yelling about. Kwon Yong Hwa gave him an acknowledgement pat on his shoulder.

“Daddy is my hero.”

His baby, with his silly hyperactive attitude said. Youngbae, he recognized as the shortest among them all, rolled his eyes clearly annoyed. But Yeon-jin took no offence on it. He knew boys just being boys, they couldn't stop teasing and mocking each other in daily basis. Big Seunghyun, the most handsome man in the room, the one who stole the name from his baby boy, joined the annoyed rally by coughing hard, fake cough precisely. Daesung, the man who they claimed as angel, a cute boy – not as cute as his baby though – who looked like he couldn't see well behind his smile, was smiling.

Okay, he looked angelic. 

And Kwon Jiyong …

The famous man.

The genius boy.

He was the only one giving attention to his not so litte baby, patting his head calmly and smiling softly. Yeon-jin must admit, Kwon Jiyong was beautiful. Not only his face, but also his attitude.

No wonder his baby liked him a lot.

Upon noticing his arrival with Kwon appa, Seungri jumped from his seat, very close to Jiyong. Well, actually they were too close there was no space left between their bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter