Thinking of You

Thinking of You

Baekhyun stared down at his phone for what felt the hundredth time that night. He’s been swiping on dating apps for the past hour now, something that he started mindlessly doing every time he thought of him.The rain poured outside, lightly hitting his window. Everything felt calm, still. Baekhyun used to absolutely love this weather. They would both stay inside and watch a movie while drinking hot chocolate, and would end up falling asleep in each others arm. He was feeling very nostalgic at the moment, but couldn't bring himself to try and fall asleep just yet, as insomnia has kept him awake for the past few weeks. Call it stress, or a lovers sorrow, but Baekhyun hadn't been sleeping too well. 

He stared down at his phone yet again, his mind drawing a blank. After opening up his photos, all he could see and be reminded of was him. It was filled with pictures of him,  and videos. Baekhyun knew he could never bring himself to delete them. They hold such a significant part in his heart. The man Baekhyun felt so much for was Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun and Chanyeol go way back, fo freshman year of high school. They were the closest of friends, that is, until they started dating, first year of college. They were together for two years, and every second was a bliss.

They were in love, and everyone around them could see that themselves. Baekhyun remembers the shy smiles and timid hugs they would share. His lips moved slightly upward, reminiscing about the past, before reality was presented again. The reason for their breakup? Baek wasn't so sure himself. A mix of stress, and anger can be the culprit to blame. Baekhyun ended the relationship because he was afraid. He was afraid that not only his relationship as partners would fail, but also as best friends, so he completely shut himself away from Chanyeol. This only ended in both of them feeling distant and alone. However one cannot deny that they weren't in love, and that they still aren't. Every time Baekhyun sees Chanyeol, he turns the opposite way, hiding himself. He was too embarrassed, too worried about what the latter might think about his present self, that it was better to not have Chanyeol think of him at all.

Baekhyun glanced to the side of his bed, where a nightstand was placed. On top of it stood a small lamp, shaped as a heart. Chanyeol was given the other lamp, identical to his. Baekhyun gave it to him many years ago. When one of the lamps was touched, the other would, no matter where in the world, turn on automatically, letting the other person know that they are thinking of them. Baekhyun hasn't seen it light up or has lighted his up since they ended things. However, what his brain can deny, his heart cannot. He slowly began reaching towards the lamp, ever so slowly, as if something bad were to happen once touched.

Regardless of whether or not Chanyeol will see his lamp light up as well, or if he still even has it, Baekhyun couldn't resist. Right in the moment before Baeks fingers were to touch the lamp, his immediately , as if by magic. Shocked at first, his expression then turned into a smile, knowing that wherever Chanyeol may be, he was thinking about Baekhyun too. If their paths were to ever cross again, that remains a mystery, but a possibility arose, of their hearts remaining the same for each other, to the day they first met.