Chapter 12

Nam Woohyun's Journey to Parenthood

Sunggyu stared at the pale face of his... Sunggyu was stumped. What was Woohyun to him now?

The father of his child?

Sunggyu rubbed his seven months belly absentmindedly. Was that all they'll ever be?

Confused and hungry, he shook Woohyun awake.

"What..." Woohyun asked groggily, draping his arms over Sunggyu's tummy protectively.

"I'm... Hungry."

Sunggyu had trained Woohyun so well that at just the word 'hungry', Woohyun had jumped out of bed and got dressed. Sunggyu watched him with amusement as the younger took his wallet, phone and car keys with a practised motion.

"What? Where? How many?" Woohyun was obviously too sleepy to string a coherence sentence but he tried.

"Come back to bed." Sunggyu tugged on Woohyun's hand and the younger just fell back into bed, snoring lightly. As Sunggyu arranged Woohyun so he wouldn't get suffocated by his own pillow, Sunggyu thought, it was okay. Woohyun would always be there.


As Sunggyu's pregnancy progress, Sunggyu got more excited about the baby. While Woohyun was spiralling into anxiety. He got worried over the smallest thing and Sunggyu had to blackmail him just so that he would go to work.

Woohyun had taken to sending Sunggyu to his parents' house before work and picked him up afterwards. He had reasoned that it was for everyone's good. Sunggyu could keep his mother company and his mother would make sure that Sunggyu eats.

So when he received a call from his mother saying that Sunggyu was in the hospital, Woohyun felt like his soul had left his body. It was sheer luck that Woohyun didn't get into an accident on the way. He refused to even think about the meeting that he had just bolted out of.

His mind was only on Sunggyu.

"Hey."

Looking at Sunggyu, sitting on his hospital bed with a smile sent Woohyun to his knees. He looked a bit pale but other than that he was his Sunggyu.

"What are you doing down there, Nam Woohyun? Get up here, you idiot."

Woohyun grimaced at Sunggyu's tone.

"I can't feel my legs. I think I'll just stay down here for a while. How are you?"

Now it was Sunggyu's turn to grimace.

"I had a false contraction and scared your mother into calling an ambulance. There's nothing serious but the doctor wants me to stay overnight," Sunggyu explained, looking intently at Woohyun's face.

"Oh."

"Oh? Is that all you were going to say?" Sunggyu said with a frown.

"Sorry, I'm still a bit dazed. I think I almost had a heart attack when mom called."

Sunggyu chuckled and offered his hand to Woohyun.

"I hope your heart is okay because I need my cuddle time."

Woohyun was trained well by Sunggyu these past months so he stumbled onto the bed and wrapped his arms around the elder. Sunggyu could feel Woohyun's tears in his hair but he kept silent and simply intertwined their fingers.

Their clock was ticking.