Chapter 11

Nam Woohyun's Journey to Parenthood

Woohyun watched as Sunggyu mixed a spoon of Marmite into his cup of tea and had to swallow back the bile that rose up in his throat.

"How could you drink that?"

"It doesn't taste as bad as you think."

"This coming from someone who wakes me up at 3 am because he had a craving for ."

Sunggyu smirked evilly and dunked a spoon of Marmite into Woohyun's coffee.

"Yah, Kim Sunggyu!"

"I thought you wanted to experience this pregnancy together. Drink up, daddy."

Woohyun swore in three languages before downing the entire mug in one breath. Sunggyu watched excitedly as Woohyun's face turned green.

"I'm going to be sick!" Woohyun could hear the sound of Sunggyu's laughing as he threw up his breakfast.


Woohyun rubbed Sunggyu's hand between his nervously as they waited for Sunggyu's checkup. He had been so nervous about Sunggyu's pregnancy that he had a few nightmares of Sunggyu dying and leaving him with their child.

"Mr Kim Sunggyu, the doctor is ready for you."

Sunggyu had tugged Woohyun into the room as Woohyun was in a daze. He saw the doctor lifted up Sunggyu's shirt, smeared a gel on the protruding belly before using the probe but his mind refused to understand what was happening.

It wasn't until he heard the baby's heartbeats that he realised he was crying.

"Oh my god..."

Sunggyu actually laughed when Woohyun started sniffling uglily when he first saw the blob on the screen that was their baby.

"Umm... Are you okay, sir?"

"Just ignore him, doctor. He is always like that."

"No, I'm not!"

The doctor chuckled at their bickering.

"Everything looks fine. The baby is healthy and your pregnancy is progressing nicely. Do you want to know the gender?"

Sunggyu exchanged a look with Woohyun and understood.

"Nope. Let's keep it a surprise."

"Is he going to be okay?" Woohyun asked nervously. Sunggyu could see that his hands were trembling so he reached out to hold them. Woohyun was glad for the support although he thought he was supposed to be the one supporting Sunggyu.

"There are always risks in pregnancy. Because Sunggyu's condition was discovered early, we could minimize the risk. Of course, there's the risk of early labour but with enough precautions, I have high hopes that Sunggyu would be able to raise his own child."

"Thank you! Thank you!" The doctor was surprised when Woohyun jumped on him and hugged him tightly while Sunggyu merely rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to have to raise two children."