Chapter 1

Nam Woohyun's Journey to Parenthood

"I'm pregnant."

Woohyun gaped at his ex-lover that was nonchalantly eating after dropping the bomb on him. He considered the still chubby cheeks, now tinted with a healthy flush, the slightly peaky looks in the morning, the mood swings and weird eating habits, admitting to himself that yes, Kim Sunggyu was pregnant.

He considered a few responses to the news and finally settled on one.

"Congratulations."

Sunggyu lifted his head from his plate and smirked, reminding Woohyun why he dated this man for six years.

"Back to you." Sunggyu continued eating while Woohyun stared at him.

"What are you going to do?" Woohyun gulped as he waited for Sunggyu's answer, fearing that the elder would want to abort the baby.

"Depends on you. If you want it, I'll give it to you after I give birth. If not, I'll put it up for adoption." Sunggyu shrugged as Woohyun grimaced.

There, the reason why they broke up a week ago. They had been talking about marriage for a couple of months when they stumbled upon an issue that neither wanted to compromise. Woohyun wanted children, Sunggyu didn't. Ever.

They broke it off calmly, both knowing that their relationship had no future. They remained as best friend and Sunggyu still stayed at the house they shared even if he moved to the guest room.

Woohyun considered the choices. He really wanted children and there was no way he would let a child of his to be raised up by some strangers. On the other hand, he also didn't want to be a single parent.

A slow smile curved on his lips and Sunggyu dropped his fork.

"Nam Woohyun, whatever you're thinking, I suggest you to rethink it before you open your mouth."

Woohyun waited for a moment, pretending to think about it.

"It's a sign," Woohyun said slowly.

"Oh no! We have a good reason to break up." Sunggyu pushed away from the table, walking to the toilet and Woohyun followed him like a puppy.

"Yeah. But the reason is moot now, right? Considering that you're pregnant now." Woohyun watched unashamedly as Sunggyu ped his jeans to pee.

"Nothing changed just because you managed to impregnate me."

The toilet filled with the sound of Sunggyu peeing while Woohyun stared at the slight bump on Sunggyu's belly.

"Wow! How far along are you? I already could see the bump."

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and zipped his jeans, pushing Woohyun with his shoulder as he moved to the sink to wash his hands.

"Five weeks. And you called me fat, remember?" Sunggyu grabbed a toothbrush and squeezed the toothpaste onto it before passing it to Woohyun.

"You're fat," Woohyun said before he started brushing his teeth, making eye contacts with Sunggyu in the mirror as they stood side by side.

"This is why we broke up," Sunggyu said with the toothbrush in his mouth.

"I thought that was because you don't want to have a kid with me."

"I don't want to have a kid, full stop." Sunggyu filled a glass with water, passing it to Woohyun before rinsing his own mouth.

"Kinda late now considering that the bun is already in the oven." Woohyun rinsed his mouth before following Sunggyu to the front door.

"Curse you and your overactive ." Sunggyu helped Woohyun to put on his jacket.

"My are high quality. So are we back together?" Woohyun absentmindedly patted Sunggyu's belly as the elder wrapped his scarf around his neck.

"I will consider it." Sunggyu opened the door and pushed Woohyun outside with a sly smirk on his face.

"Ummm... Sunggyu... Why am I outside at 7.30am on a Saturday?"

"I want the melon bread from the store near the train station so... Hop you go," Sunggyu said cutely.

"Are you mad? Do you know how long is the line to buy that bread?"

"Yeah. But I'm pregnant with your baby so..."

"You're not selling me the line that 'your kid wants it', Kim Sunggyu!"

Sunggyu smiled innocently as he closed the door on Woohyun's face.

"If you don't get the bread, don't even think about getting into the house, even less into my pants!"

Woohyun scoffed and cursed under his breath as he made his way to the store, unknowingly starting his journey to parenthood.