Final Chapter - Reunion and Epilogue

Winter Dancing

It was the same evening.  Jeonghan invited the other three to his house for dinner.  He was cooking up some steak and making sure the fire didn't run out of wood.  This winter is hitting nicely (Meaning, it truly feels like winter).  As the rice was boiling, Jeonghan stirred the green beans. 

  He felt arms around his waist.  A short girl was behind him.  He looked at the cooking, and noticed he had some time.  He slowly turned around to face Minsa. 

"Minsa,"  Jeonghan spoke, "I've always wanted you to be in my kitchen."  He teased.
 

  He got hit in the chest.  "Yah, after getting to know you, you are a very nice boy."  She said, hugging his chest.

"Yep, it's Woozi you need to be careful with.  He's always coming up with schemes."  Jeonghan stated, waving the stirring spoon around.

"Do.. You actually like me?"  She asked.  Jeonghan can't get enough of those soft eyes looking into his eyes.

  He held her up and bent a bit down.  He kissed her square on the lips.  The kiss was genuine. 

"Yah!  Hyung!  We're hungry!"  Woozi called out, having a pout.

"You'll get it!"

  Suddenly, the doorbell rings.  Jeonghan signals to take care of the cooking.  Minsa complies, making sure the rice doesn't boil over (Because that stuff do that too much -_-).

  Jeonghan opened the door to see two people, a man and a woman in their later forties or perhaps early fifties.  He looked into their eyes.  Jeonghan knows these people.


"Appa... Eomma...."  He let out a tear and fell on his knees.

"Jeonghan!  The rice is done!"  Minsa came around the corner with a smile.  When she saw the two, she recognized them from the family portraits.  Her smile vanished and almost dropped the stirring spoon.

"Son?"  The father spoke, helping Jeonghan back on his feet.

"Dad?"  He looked down at his slightly shorter father.

  The mother had tears in her eyes.  "Son, we'd like to come back into your life."  Her make up streamed down as she cried profusely.  

  Minsa put her hand on Jeonghan's back and looked at him.  "Jeonghan, this is what you want, right?  To spend this moment with your parents and me?"  She asked.

  Jeonghan's eyes dart open and looked down at Minsa.  "How did you know?"

"When you were passed out in the infirmary... You spoke about it."  She smiled.

  Jeonghan looked at his parents.  They were standing on the porch, and it was below the freezing point outside.  He invited them in.  "The fire is warm."  Woozi said with a slight smile.



  They sat down for dinner.  The six of them kept their silence. 

"Son,"  His mother spoke, "who is your girlfriend?"  she asked in a serious tone.

"This is Minsa, and her friend Sajin."  Jeonghan spoke.

  The parents smiled.


  It was night time, Jeonghan's parents went to their bedroom, Woozi and Sajin went to their own separate spare bedrooms, and the two remaining sat by the fire.  Linked arms and hands, they sat together exactly where Jeonghan was thinking about her the other night.  Hot coco filled their smelling senses.  The wood cracked every now and then.  The wood seems to be lasting longer than the other night. 

  As the fire helps them keep warm, the snow falls outside like leaves passing through the open sky. 

"Minsa.."  He broke the long-lasting silence.  He got a reply from her shifting to look up at him.

"I don't ever want us to compete again, I want us to be one."  Jeonghan spoke, her long hair.

  She blushed and looked down.  "So, we're a couple then?"  She asked.

  He turned to her, and put his lips on hers.  He holds her shoulders in place as well as to keep her warm.  The kiss was innocent, passionate, and most of all, loving.

 



  A boy and a girl, competitors for years.  Would you ever expect them to love one another and put the competing to the side?  It only took one more dance to get them to realize that they were meant for each other. 
And all it took, was a little bit of
Winter Dancing.