Chapter 5 - Performance

Winter Dancing

 It was the day of the dancing competition.  Woozi's ideas were out in the dust.  Nothing seemed to work in Jeonghan's favor.  He accepted defeat.  He had beautiful clothes on.  All of the girls at the school almost passed out when they saw him.  His pink hair matched perfectly with his heart red coat and pants along with his black shirt and shoes.  He buttoned all but the top button of his shirt, and smiled as he saw all of the people in the audience.  

Click image to enlarge

  The announcer introduced all of the competitors.  Not forgetting to mention that Minsa and Jeonghan have been the top two competitors in many events throughout the year.  After being introduced, everyone went in the back of the stage.  The judges liked to "save the best for last".  Meaning, Minsa would be the last to perform, him being the one to go before her. 

  He sat down in a chair and looked at Woozi.  Woozi had a serious expression, making sure to watch the other performances on the screen.  Mostly to say:  "Hyung, you can do better than that".  Which, to be honest, did make Jeonghan feel better.  But he wishes Woozi could say the same about when Minsa performs.  

 "Minsa, you're so beautiful today."  Sajin spoke, looking at her long, light brown hair, pink dress (That matches Jeonghan's hair perfectly), and white heels. 

  Jeonghan smiled at her beauty.  He stood up and walked up to her.  "You truly are pretty in that."  Jeonghan gave a soft smile.

"Jeonghan.. I signed us up for a team performance."

"What?  We didn't even practice!" 

"Remember that dance you did in my room?"  She asked.  He nodded.  "We'll be performing that."


  Jeonghan looked back at Woozi who had the most surprised expression.  Jeonghan nodded and walked to Woozi.  He put the video up on his phone and showed it to Woozi.  

"Well, I wasn't too good on our dance, so this is better."  Woozi said, taking Jeonghan's phone and putting the video on loop.

  Jeonghan put his hands on his hips and watched the screen.  Each contestant can have one back up dancer.  Of course Jeonghan's was Woozi, and Minsa's was Sajin.  Jeonghan's expecting since it's a collaboration, the said back up dancers should be allowed.  He looked at the rules, and his assumption is true. 

  Minutes tick by slowly, yet quickly. 

"Hyung, your battery died.."  Woozi  called out to Jeonghan.

  Jeonghan put his hand on his forehead.  "You watched 90% battery life worth of that video?"

"No.. I also played some of the games you have on here."  Woozi gave a shy smile.

  Jeonghan shook his head and put it on the charger the people there provide. 

"Jeonghan and Minsa!  You're up!"

  Jeonghan stretched as he walked to Minsa.  She put her hair up and stretched too.  Sajin looks down at Woozi, and Woozi looks up at Sajin.  They nod and walk along with Jeonghan and Minsa.  They walk out onto the stage.  They see people from the school and other fans that have been attending since the first competition they were in.  


  Woozi and Sajin set up the stools and sit on them.  Jeonghan and Minsa nod at each other before the music starts.



  During the performance, Jeonghan watched all of the members dance carefully.  He made sure to stay in sync.  He also paid attention to his own dance moves.

  At the end of the song, he jumped down.  He doesn't feel it.  He sees the stage under his cheek.  He felt his hands on the said floor.  He moved his hair out of his face and sat up.  He felt a throbbing sensation in his right leg.  He looked at the crowd.  They were screaming in horror.  His blinking was as slow as a candle melting.  He got picked up by a feminine figure.  He looked at the shoes of said person.  It was Minsa. 

  He looked at the judges with his mouth slightly agape.  They were shaking their heads and madly writing on the paper.  He looked down at his leg to see it wasn't bent, but it was out of joint. 

  He saw paramedic cut his pants leg open and evaluate it.  He knows the man was talking to him, he just didn't understand him.

  It wasn't shock from the fall, it wasn't the pain that his leg was in.  It was the fact that not only he lost the competition, but Minsa did too.  If it was only him and Woozi out their, she would still have a chance to win. 

  Reality snapped back into his mind when he felt lips on his.  He looked into Minsa's eyes. 

"Jeonghan, you'll be alright.  He put your leg back in!"  She smiled.

"Is.. it broken?"

  She shook her head.  "Then.. the pop.."  He was questioning.

"The stool broke."  She said, putting him on the chair he was sitting on before their performance.

  He stood up, putting less pressure on his bad leg.  He walked out and onto the stage.  He looked at the judges who looked at him suspiciously.  He gently grabbed the microphone the announcer was holding.

"Judges, I'm sorry for that.  May we have another shot?"  Jeonghan asked with a smile, yet a serious face.

  The judges looked at each other.  They were mumbling until a minute later.  "We allow this." 


  Jeonghan looked back at his crew. 

"I have a request.  Let's do 'Adore U'."  Jeonghan spoke.

"Why is that?"  Minsa asked.

  Jeonghan smiled.  "Because I adore you for caring so much about me~"  He said in a sweet tone.

  Minsa's cheeks were so red, you'd think she was standing out in the frozen weather for hours.  She looked out of the window, and did see small balls of snow falling.  She smiled and nodded.  "Sajin, track number five!"  She shouted with a winning smile.




  As they were about on the last chorus, the lights went off and the Christmas lights went on.  The snow fell in a romantic rate (Slow yet heart throbbingly fast).  When the word 'Angel' was sung, Jeonghan, Woozi, and Sajin picked Minsa up.  There happened to be a golden-ring-light where she was. 

  The performance ended, and everyone was starting to get cold.  Blankets and coco were passed around as they came in close to see who the winner was.

  Out of the thirty performances, Jeonghan and Minsa came in first place.  Both receiving a gold trophy.  But this one was special.  The trophy wouldn't be complete without the two halves meeting.  It signifies that they didn't win single-handedly, but as a team. 


 



Hello all!  Just wanted to tell yahl, there is only one chapter left!  Hopefully you've enjoyed the story~  Thank you all so much for reading!