Chapter 1 - Entering In

Winter Dancing

It was a Monday morning in winter.  The trees were bare, the grass shined a shade of silver, and there were animal hibernation spots everywhere.  The season brings people together.  To warm each other, to be happy with one another, and most of all, to share the lovely scene of snow falling.  The nights were always dark and cold, but the Christmas tree lit the whole world up.  The skies are much lighter than the season past, and very light compared to the next. 

  Every year starts the same:  The leaves are a bright green and turn to a deep green by the summer.  From that vibrant green comes a mixture of colors.  Some Green, some brown, others yellow and orange, and with the rare gradient purple. 

  It just finished winter break, at Incheon High School.  The bell on the big clock struck seven o'clock, signaling the students it's an hour 'till school starts.  Students weren't in a rush, no, because they still had enough time.  The early birds have already taken the worms, and the late owls have surprisingly came a tad bit early.  

  A girl, of the name Cho Minsa, was walking to her dance room.  She likes to warm up to the day by dancing a few songs.  As she plugged in her phone, she heard the door being opened.  She looked, and it was her friend, Bu SaJin. 

  "Oppa, come here!"  Minsa shouted from across the room

"Minsa.. What are you doing today?"  Sajin asked in a tired tone.

"Sajin oppa, sit down, I want to show you my new dance routine."  Minsa ordered.

  He sat down and looked up at her.  She played the music and started dancing.  In the middle of the dance, she heard someone opening the door.  She looked to the side.  It's her rival, Yoon Jeonghan.

"Yah, what are you doing here?"  Minsa shouted.

  Jeonghan covered his ears as her high pitch hurt his eardrums.

"I'm always here at seven.  What are you doing here?"  Jeonghan asked, putting his bag down next to Minsa's.

"I-I..."  Minsa was trying to speak.

"Minsa came too early I suppose."  Sajin spoke out.

  Jeonghan nodded and sat down.  "I'll wait." 

  Minsa felt creeped out.  Jeongan, staring right at her?  No way!  Minsa marched over to her bag, accidentally picking up Jeonghan's and ran away.  Since they have the same brand of Bag, Jeonghan didn't notice at all.

 

  It was after school, Jeonghan was walking home with what seemed to be his own bag.  He saw a frame on the opposite side of the hill.  Knowing what time it was, Jeonghan assumed it was his friend, Woozi.  Woozi has been his life friend, who also attends Incheon High School.  Along with being in separate classrooms though,  they are neighbors. 

  Woozi ran up to Jeonghan, looking up at the taller.

"Jeonghan!  You'll never guess what will be happening in a week!"

"What?"  They walk to their houses.

"Minsa, You, and a couple more competitors, will be competing nationally!"  Woozi said.

"How do you know I will be there?"  Jeonghan asked in a confused tone.

"Because," Woozi smacked Jeonghan's chest with a copy of a form, "I already signed you up."

"But-"

"Jeonghan,"  Woozi started, "you wanna beat her, right?"  Jeonghan nodded.  "Simple, if you beat her nationally, guess what happens next?  You can beat her internationally."  Woozi conspiracized (Super Past Tense of the verb: Conspire). 

"How do I beat her?  She's awesome, even more so than me!"  Jeonghan said as he has absolutely no faith in himself.

"Well, we could play a dirty trick."  Woozi suggested.

"Oh?  What is this, 'Trick'?"  Jeonghan asked, half amused.



  Minsa sat on her couch when she got home.  She looked at her phone.  She was reading the list of contestants for the National Dancing Competition, that comes around every two years.  She was reading very carefully, of course she was on the top of the list.  She's always the first to apply.  She knows that she will win first place, so why not be the first to enter as well? 

  She scrolled all the way down to see the final person who can and did enter.  Yoon Jeonghan.  She gripped her phone like she would grip his neck (She has never, but she has imagined it).  Minsa had steam coming out of her mad mind. 

"Yoon Jeonghan, why oh why, are you always here to mess things up?!?"  Minsa asked, almost throwing her phone.

  She got up from the couch and walked out of the house.  She knows where Jeonghan lives, and she's not afraid to go over there and tell him how it is.  She's done it before, usually Sajin would be there with her though.  Anyone walking by saw her stomping on the side walk. 

  She could have used her bike.  She could have called Sajin to come over and drive her there.  No, Minsa wanted to end this on her own.  She knows she can handle this.  It's a demonic angel!  He acts all cute around the school, like he's the most innocent person on the planet.  But no, when it comes to the competitions, she can feel like he's trying to play dirty tricks.  They never EVER work. 

  She made it to the house.  She looked at it.  It was a two-story house, slightly large windows, a porch, an obvious dance studio in the garage, and a pool in the backyard.  She's come over here plenty of times.  She's never walked into the house, but she knows that she's never seen his parents.  Which she always wants to ask where there were and why they let him be such a sleaze. 

  She took a deep breath.  She's not scared, is she?  She looked at her phone.  All the second place trophies he's won.  Sure, he always comes in second place, but she really doesn't need him riding up her bootay. 

  She nodded and walked up to the door.  To ring the doorbell? Or knock on the door?  Knock on the door.

  She banged on the door like there was no tomorrow.  Anger could be heard from each knock.

  Jeonghan opened the door and looked down at Minsa.

"Yoon Jeonghan!"  She screamed.  "How dare you!  This is my shot on winning the Nationals!  Enter the next one!"  She continued to scream.

"Look, Woozi entered me.  I had no idea about this."  Jeonghan defended.

"Well, Mr. I Didn't Know,"  She pushed him into his house with both hands, "You better get out of the competition."

  As she was pushing, Jeonghan accidentally fell back, causing Minsa to fall forward on top of him.