Chapter 2 - Surprises

Winter Dancing

Minsa looked into Jeonghan's eyes.  Their glances were full of surprise.

"Hyung!  I heard screaming!  Are-" Woozi shouted from the door and stopped his sentence when he saw the female on his BF.

  Minsa automatically stood up, accidentally stepping on Jeonghan's left foot.  Because of that action, Jeonghan let out a tiny squeal.

"Hyung!"  Woozi ran over to Jeonghan.

"Devil woman!"  Jeonghan pointed at Minsa.

  Minsa gave a mad yet still surprised look.  She huffed and folded her arms.  She took a look around the said house.  Seeing all of the family photos.  Jeonghan seemed the happiest in any of the photos. 

"Yah, you smile like an idiot!"  Minsa spoke, holding up a family portrait.

  Woozi's eyes opened like there was a monster invasion behind Minsa.  "M-minsa!  Put that down!"  Woozi spoke, running to her. 

  Minsa noticed Jeonghan getting angry now.  Woozi took the picture from Minsa, and put it directly back where it was put down.  "Please, follow me."  Woozi spoke, guiding Minsa out of the house. 

"I'll walk you home." 

  They were walking along the sidewalk.  Because Minsa wasn't running, it's taking forever to get there. There was a very weird silence, but Woozi broke it.

"Minsa, you ought to be careful when you enter someone's home,"  Woozi spoke, looking down at the sidewalk, "you.."  Woozi couldn't get the right words out.

  Minsa stopped walking.  Woozi noticed, and walked back to her.  "You mean, I shouldn't just barge into his house?"  Minsa asked, noticeably concerned.  "H-he wasn't going to hurt me, was he?  I didn't mean to step on his foot."

"It's not that." 

  Minsa paused.  She looked into Woozi's eyes.  She saw something terrifying his glare. 

"His parents.."  Woozi started. "T-they never loved him at all..."  Woozi stated further.

  Minsa looked down.  She showed him that her house was just right there.  "Come inside, Mom won't mind."  Minsa spoke.

  Woozi nodded.  They walked up to Minsa's room, and she let him sit on her bed. 

"Somehow, in contrast, he loved his parents."  Woozi said, looking at her patterned carpet and decorated walls.  "He always cherished one moment that happened only once a year: their family portrait.  They actually got along during those short minutes.  He loved it so much, Jeonghan paid for secret copies.  He hangs them on the wall, puts them on his nightstand.. everything."  Woozi continued.  "He even placed a picture in my house, so whenever he visits, he can have them there too."

  Minsa caught her tear.  "A-are they still with him?"  Woozi shook his head.

"They left to Seoul when he reached high school, and that's when he told me: He wants to win their hearts with a medal."  Woozi replied in words.

"You're not telling me this so I lose to him, are you?"  Minsa asked, receiving 'no' in his movements.

"He got mad that you picked his portrait up, and made fun of him." 

  Woozi looked over at Minsa.  He stood up and trapped her against her bed. 

"This is a warning, Min-sa.  Don't mess with my Best Friend.  I'll kill you."  Woozi spoke silently, inching closer with ever word. 

  He squinted his eyes and smirked.  Minsa was about to push him, but she felt his lips on hers.  It was a gentle kiss, but no real feelings where inputted.  He broke away and looked at her.  

"Don't think you could ever be close to my friend.  He's mine."  Woozi spoke before leaving her room, and her house.

  Minsa felt her lips.  'Why did he kiss me?'  She took her phone.  She was just about to text Sajin, but noticed that he's sleeping at this hour.  She bit the corner of her lip and looked out of the window.  She watched as Woozi stopped on the side walk.

  She looked a bit further, and saw Jeonghan was running the way.  Minsa cracked open the window and hid a bit. 

"I spoke to her.  She didn't have any intention."

"Are you sure?  I don't think this will work."

"I'm positive, let's go with plan B, alright?"

  The rest she couldn't hear because they were walking away.  'Plan B?  What's that?'  She thought to herself.  'I need to stay on my toes, whatever it is!' She completed her thought.


  It was the next day, Minsa made sure to come at 7:30am this time.  She noticed the two left the dancing room.  She was about to walk in, but noticed Woozi was staring at her.  She remembers what happened yesterday.  'Maybe he's trying to make me worry.'

"Hyung, You go ahead."  Woozi stated, giving his bag to Jeonghan.

  Minsa opened her bag and saw... Shorts?

"W-what?"  She picked up other garments.  "These are Jeonghan's clothes!"  She almost shouted.

"Excuse me, Minsa"  Woozi spoke out.  "I believe yesterday, there was a mix up."  He smiled.  "You see, when you ran in a hurry, you picked up Jeonghan's bag.  Here is yours."

  Woozi gave the matching bag to Minsa.  Minsa slightly bowed and traded.  She saw Woozi looking around. 

"Between you and me,"  Woozi said, getting closer to Minsa, "I enjoyed that kiss yesterday."

  Minsa was backed against the wall.  Woozi caressed her cheek, and kisses her.  His lips move softly against hers.  At this point, Minsa doesn't know what she should do.  Her body, however, made her close her eyes.  She felt Woozi's arms go around her waist and bring her closer.

  The kiss lasted a minute or two, and Woozi broke it.  "Quite frankly, you're my first kiss~"  He said, looking down at his shoes as he made distance between them.

"Hmm.. Well.. Y-I need to dance now."  She spoke, moving past Woozi. 

  Woozi was about to open the door, when the door itself opened.  Woozi looked up at the intruder.  It was Sajin.

"Woozi?  Aren't you supposed to be with Jeonghan?"  Sajin spoke, looking down at the shorter.

"Sajin, let's talk for a moment."  

  Jeonghan reached the classroom.  He put down his best friend's bag, and looked at his phone.  Woozi should be back any time now.  He puts in his ear buds, and turns on some music.  He was focusing on what will happen in their plan next.  It's only a matter of time before Woozi's idea will come to pass.  He remembers yesterday at Minsa's house.  He noticed Minsa listening, and went with a 'Plan B'.  This part of the plan is to get Minsa worried.  He smirked as he believes it's working.

  Woozi walked in, giving a nonchalant thumbs up.