Chapter 4 - Is it an Act?

Winter Dancing

 I'm just saying as a little warning, there is some violence in this chapter!


   Minsa squealed as Jeonghan had blood coming down from his strawberry pink hair.  She kneeled in front of Jeonghan and took out a tissue from her pocket.  Meanwhile, Jeonghan is shooting Woozi death glares.  Returning the stare, Woozi gently pushed Minsa out of the way.  He picked up his best friend by the collar. 

"Hyung, how dare you take my love!"  Woozi spoke, a bit too naturally in Jeonghan's opinion.

"Woozi!  Stop it!"  Minsa squealed.

  Not listening to the girl's words, Woozi threw Jeonghan against the wall which had a window on it.  His arm hit the window before his body slid down.  Jeonghan let a pained moan escape his lips. 

"Woozi, let's talk about this, okay?"  Jeonghan said, picking the tiny pieces of glass out of his hand, but excluding the larger pieces in his arm.

"There's no talking, Jeonghan.  That is my woman.  You said I could have her.  You said that I was allowed to date this year.  You approved already!"  Woozi spoke with tears streaming down his face. 

  He picked up a chair and held it high up in the air.  "Come on, pretty hyung!  Where is your sense of anger in this?  Why aren't you fighting back, you perfect angel!!"  Woozi said, making the chair fall onto Jeonghan's leg.

He squealed rather loudly.

  The world was getting hazy.  He looked at his bestie who is now just mumbling (In Jeonghan's mind) and a girl scared half to death.  He came back to reality when he heard the teacher yell at Woozi.

"Lee JiHun!"  A male teacher called Woozi's name.

  Woozi looked at Jeonghan and dropped the chair he was holding.  He fell on his knees and looked down at his bestie's leg.  He picked up a stray pair of scissors.  He hast to look at it.  He wouldn't feel right if he didn't.  He cut the pants leg of Jeonghan's pants.  He spread the material.  He covered his mouth, looking deep into the wound he caused.  He started to cry. 

  He looked into Jeonghan's pained eyes.  "Hyung!"  He screamed as he engulfed his face into Jeonghan's neck.  "Why did I let love do this to me?!?"  He said, feeling arms on his shoulders, picking him up off of Jeonghan.

  Woozi reached to Jeonghan as the students pulled him out of the classroom. 

  Jeonghan looked down at his legs and let a nonchalant smirk appear for a millisecond. Minsa ran over to him.

"Opp-Jeonghan! Are you alright?"  Minsa almost called him 'Oppa'.

"I-I'm fine.  It's not too bad"  Jeonghan made sure Minsa couldn't see it.

"Jeonghan!  What about the competition?!?"  Minsa worried as she tried picking the giant up.

"Let's worry about that later."  Jeonghan gave a smile.  He stopped her and pointed behind her.

  Sajin picked Jeonghan up and brought him to the infirmary. 

  Minsa put the tables and chairs back where they belong.  She sat down in her chair and looked at the chalkboard.  The words "All Classes Dismissed for Today" were written on it.  She sighed and looked down at her desk.  She feels really bad for the moment that just happened...



   Meanwhile. 


"Hyung, I'm really sorry!"  Woozi spoke when he entered the infirmary.

  Jeonghan chuckled.  "It's fine!  Don't worry.  The nurse said it's a simple fracture.  Not a compound.  I still have time."  Jeonghan confirmed.  "Now, what was all that about?"

"Hyung.. I really.. I.."  Woozi looked down and to the side.  "I really like Minsa.  She's a nice person, I know she is.. I just gotta find out how..." 

  Jeonghan continued his laugh from earlier.  "I wasn't stealing her, Woozi.  She's all yours." 

"No, Hyung.  I wont let this happen again.  Besides.. You two looked really natural.  I think you two should get together."  Woozi said with a wink.



  It was later that day.  Jeonghan was able to walk, surprisingly.  The nurse said he had "too good of bones to break".  Jeonghan was walking home alone today.  He smiled as he saw it began to snow.  And as it began, so did his singing:

"Snow here and there,
Falling, everywhere.
   Lights are turning on,
Home's not far along.
  Families in cheer,
With coco they share~

  Nights are cold,
My heart it told -
  A story that is so old,
My heart will always hold.
  You're beautiful face,
I need you in my embrace.

  Nights are lonely,
Some things make me say "Ha-ha".
  But what really I want,
Is something costly,
  What I want,
Is you.. Min-Sa...."
                   
                                - Charlot1081

  Jeonghan smiled at the last line.  He made it to his house and took off his jacket.  He smiled as
he put on the fireplace.  He picked up a family portrait.  It was one that was in front of the said fire place.  He sat down with it, that and a mug of hot coco.  He put on some classical music and sat back against a chair.

"Mother, Father... If I ever met you again, that would be the greatest thing..."  Jeonghan spoke out. 

  The silence broke every now and then as the fire made the logs give out a cracking noise.  He sipped on his still-hot beverage and sighed.  The days of being warm naturally will have to halt as this winter is supposed to be very chilly.  The fire was burning the logs too quickly, in Jeonghan's opinion.  He stood up and put another log in the place where the other was gone.

  He looked at his phone.  He'd gotten a text from Woozi.

Woozi to Jeonghan

  Let's skip plan B, we need to work on
Plan C.

Jeonghan to Woozi

  Plan C?  How many plans did you make?

Woozi to Jeonghan

  Let's see.. I accounted for 25 variables to the
original plan.. So.. 26? :P

Jeonghan to Woozi

  Wow,...how badly do you want me to win?

Woozi to Jeonghan

  An alphabet worth.

Jeonghan to Woozi

  Lol.  Woozi, can I ask you something?

Woozi to Jeonghan

Hm?

Jeonghan to Woozi

  When you fell in love with Minsa, did you
get this fluttering in your heart whenever you
thought about her?

Woozi to Jeonghan

  No.. Maybe I was just desperate.  Looking back,
I don't think I was in love with her per se.  But what
it sounds like is, YOU are in love with her.


  Jeonghan looked down from his screen.  "It would be nice, Mother and Father, but I rather Minsa enjoy this moment.."  Jeonghan said in a low voice as the flames died.