Accepting

Against all odds

Hani’s POV

I haven’t heard from him since then, and neither did I reached out to him. I guess this is what it means for us to be absolutely over, not even as friends anymore. My most fearful moment has finally come true and there’s really nothing I can do to turn things around anymore. I’m exhausted...

 

(Flashback)

“He said that you have someone that you like in one of the groups that he knows” Heechul leant forward and said in a hush voice. Hani froze. She didn’t know what to do, what to say or even how to react to the question that was thrown so suddenly at her. 

 

“너야, 너, 바보야 (it’s you, you, fool)” her heart screamed so loudly while all that she didn’t do was to scream it out at his face. She cleared and pretend that she didn’t hear it properly by avoiding eye contact with Heechul? “뭐라고 (What)? Oh, the cheesecake here is really good! Do you want to try it?” Hani raised the plate up and offered it to Heechul.

 

“말 돌리지 말고 (don’t change the topic), I’m sure you heard me well and right” Heechul leaned back on the chair and folded his arms while he responded to Hani. It was obvious that he’s getting impatient with trying to get something out from her

 

“왜요 (why)? It doesn’t not matter who I like or not but the fact that we both belong to an industry that forbids us from doing so. Why is there a need to press for answers? It’s not like anyone can help or do anything about it!” Hani scowled as she stood up from where she was seated, grabbed her clutch and walked towards the entrance of the cafe. She couldn’t handle the feeling anymore, she just couldn’t stand being there anymore. It felt it her heart is about to burst from within and that she might just end up saying the stupidest thing which might put her relationship with him at risk. They might not even end up as friends anymore, and this thought itself, scares her a lot. 

 

“Heeyeon!” Heechul grabbed onto her wrist as he caught up to her outside the cafe. “Why are you being like this? I’m just asking so that perhaps I can help you with it! Why did you have to get angry with me? Stop throwing tantrums like a little kid” Heechul grabbed tightly onto her wrist and stared at the crying mess right in front of him. 

 

“Fine, I’m a little kid and will always only be a little kid to you! I like throwing tantrums and being childish, so what are you going to do about it? Let go of me, you , let go!” Hani attempted to free herself while she tried to shake off Heechul’s grasp, but to no avail. 

 

“왜그래요 (why are you being like this)?!” Heechul tightened his grasp as he pulled her to a corner of the street to avoid attracting attention or risk getting caught by journalists or sasaeng fans. “Stop being like this, Hani. I merely asked a question and if you’re not happy, you do not need to answer! Why did you have to say all these nasty things? You’re making me very upset” Heechul forcefully pushed away Hani’s wrist, causing her to cringe from the pain. Seeing that her wrist was red from all the tugging and pulling, Heechul reached his hand towards it again.

 

“Heeyeon..I’m sorry, did I hurt you?” He reached for Hani’s hand, only to be slapped away by her. “I don’t need your pity. Making you upset? Fine, I’m the one at fault. I’m sorry, happy? Fine, if you want to find out who I like, I’ll just tell it to you just so you can be satisfied and stop pushing me for an answer.” Hani panted as she yelled back at Heechul. 

 

“Heeyeon, I...”

 

“Donghae.”

 

“뭐라고 (what)?!”

 

“Donghae oppa. The person I like is Donghae oppa”

 

“Are you kidding me?”

 

“아니 (no), you asked who I liked right? I’m telling it to you now and you don’t believe me?”

 

“I believe you”

 

“Ok then, I’ll head back now”

 

“I’ll send you”

 

“No, my manager is coming to get me”

 

“No, I’ll send you”

 

“I said it’s fine! You do not have to be so nice to me anymore. After all, I’m just a kid to you”

 

“Why does it bother you so much even if I see you as a kid?”

 

“goodnight oppa” Hani kept silent and took a deep breathe to speak before she turned to walk towards the direction of her manager’s arriving vehicle.

 

a/n: here’s a last minute update! The plot came to my mind while I was on the way home, so here it is! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter although it’s a little short! Things have took a turn for the worse but what else could go wrong??? Do drop me a comment! :)