Fully

Against all odds

 

Hani’s POV 

(1st Jan, 12:01am)

What’s new from this oppa? He’s always out to surprise you from nowhere. Why did he suddenly ask me out? Did he hear about anything? I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow...

(1st Jan, 11:00am)

I came down from my dorm to see his car waiting there again, just like how he always do. I actually do wonder how long he waits whenever he meets someone because he seems to be always reaching ahead of the promised time. 

Walking up to his car, his manager saw me and opened up the car’s door. “안녕하세요, 미스터 김! (Hello, Mr Kim)! 감사합니다 (Thank you)! ” I bowed to his manager and greeted as I entered the car to see a sleeping oppa. “오빠- (Oppa)“ I called out to him, thinking that he was just pretending to sleep or perhaps resting for a bit. “쓋” Mr Kim placed his finger on his lips to signal for me to stop. “죄송합니다, 하니 씨 (Sorry, Hani), he came straight from filming, so please allow him to rest for a little while more” Mr Kim whispered while pointing to my seatbelt to remind me to put it on before he moves off. “네, 알겠습니다, 죄송합니다 (Alright, I got it, I’m sorry)” I bowed my head in apology and hurriedly put on my seatbelt. 

It’s kind of my first time taking a look at him like that. He seems to be so at peace with himself like that, unlike his usual noisy and occasionally annoying side of him. He has such beautiful features, from his long eyelashes, to his defined nose, to his slightly pouted lips, to his jawline... He’s such a beautiful being that it hurts to know that he will never be able to dance as much as he wants as compared to before his accident, and that this fact hurts him so much. He acts like nothing is bothering on the surface, but when it’s off cameras, you’ll see him look at those upcoming boy groups with so much envy whenever they dance to their comeback songs. It hurts my heart to know that I love this person so so so much, but he doesn’t and shall not ever find out...

—-

As Hani reached her hand forward to move a few stands of Heechul’s fringe covering his face, he suddenly woke up and grabbed hold of her hands. 

 

“악, 오 마이 갓 (Ack, oh my god)!” Hani shouted in shock as Heechul hurriedly covered her month with his other hand! 

 

“야! I should be the one in shock, why are you screaming!!” Heechul loudly whispered and he opened his eyes wide and looked at Hani, hinting for her to stop yelling. 

 

“Is everything okay at the back?” Mr Kim looked into the rear view mirror and asked.

 

“네, 미스터 김 (Yes, Mr Kim)! Please continue to focus on driving... thank you” Heechul let go of the hand covering Hani’s mouth and bent forward to speak to Mr Kim.

 

“Yes, we are fine, sorry Mr Kim” Hani awkwardly smiled and said while hitting Heechul on the side of his arm. 

 

“What-was-that-for” Heechul turned to look at Hani and mouthed the words to her

 

“Serves-you-right” Hani whispered in response, as she stuck her tongue out at him.

 

“Don’t forget that I still have your hand” Heechul leaned back on his seat and brought up the hand holding onto her hand.

 

“야! Let go~ Fine fine fine, I’m sorry for disturbing your sleep” Hani pouted in defeat as she whined to Heechul, who smirked at her while not wanting to let go.

 

“Hurry, pay up for touching the universe biggest star’s hair and face” he teased on, as he opened up his palm and looked at Hani.

 

“Fine, where are we going? I’ll treat for lunch” Hani rolled her eyes jokingly as she pulled her hand out of Heechul’s grip. 

 

“Oh, if you’re treating then let’s go have abalones, lobsters, sashimi and teppanyaki~ Mr Kim, please bring us to the place we discussed this morning” Heechul tapped the back of his driver’s seat and exclaimed loudly.

 

“You!!!! It’s a plot by you right” Hani pretended to frown and looked “angrily” at her annoying oppa.

—-

Heechul ordered all the expensive seafood on purpose and caused poor Hani to worry for her wallet throughout the meal. Eventually, Heechul paid for the expensive meal. After all, being a gentleman that he always is, how could he even bear to let the girl pay for the meal? It’s out of the question! Prior to that, he even peeled the seafood shells for Hani and place all the food onto her plate to insist that she eats it all. 

—-

“Makdoongi, shall we go get some desserts?”

 

“Mmm, desserts sounds good” 

 

“I know of this place that serves many flavours of cheesecakes” 

 

“I love cheesecakes!”

 

“Psh, you love all kinds of food”

 

“Ya! That’s mean!”

—-

“Heeyeon ya” Heechul started off while Hani dug in to the cake but stopped. It’s been very long since Heechul last called her by her real name, and it kind of feels a little off. Is this what she think is the reason why Heechul asked her out for a meal?

 

“왜(Why)?What’s wrong?” Hani placed her fork down and looked at Heechul who started to look a little serious

 

“Donghae told me about it” Heechul spoke while Hani froze from where she was. What did Heechul mean by “Donghae told me”? What did Donghae exactly tell him? Hani was totally having a mental breakdown on the inside, stabbing herself over and over again that she shouldn’t have said anything more than what she should.

 

“Mmm? What..what did Donghae oppa tell you...?” Hani broke away from the eye contact awkwardly and asked.

 

“He said that you have someone that you like in one of the groups that he knows”

 

_____________________________________

 

a/n: i'm so sorry for the lack of updates recently, work PLUS uni life has been extremely hectic and with the upcoming chinese new year, there's just so many things to help around in the house. Anyways, thank you for reading my Heeni fic and I hope you guys can continue to support it as I will try my best to update as recent as I can! :) Aren't you excited about what's the upcoming plot? Does Heechul knows? Will Hani eventually say it? Stay tuned!