After Work

One Thing

Jong-hyun frowned meanwhile Bong-cha stared at the floor, embarrassed.

One of her hands held a tight hold on her handbag. “I-I was so sure it was in here…” She tried to think of what could happen to it when she got coffee. Her wallet fell but everything in there was still intact, even Jong-hyun’s company card was safe in her wallet. “I don't what happened to it.” She dug through her purse frantically again.

Jong-hyun sighed grabbing her hands. “It's okay Bong-cha, you are a very good person and I know you would never steal it.” Bong-cha blinked up at him surprised he made physical contact with her, especially in that manner. “I’ll make a call to freeze the account so whoever finds it can’t use it.”

“I’m really sorry.” Bong-cha muttered.

Soo-hyuk's office door opened. “Bong-cha I need you to—” He noticed both of them holding hands.

Jong-hyun immediately let go. Bong-cha just let her hands fall to her sides turing away blushing from both cheeks. “Uh…” Jong-hyun cleared his throat. “I’m going back to the Graphic Design Lab.” It was unclear who he was informing, Soo-hyuk rose a brow. “See you around guys.” He turned away on his heel disappearing behind the halls corner.

“You wanted me sir?” Bong-cha slightly cocked her head Soo-hyuk's way while keeping her eyes glued to the ground.

He decided not to ask what happened between his secretary and best friend. “I need you to give this data to Mr. Yoo in the Budget Dept.” Soo-hyuk was slightly taken aback by Bong-cha snatching the papers.

“Right away sir!” She too disappeared beyond the corner in quite the hurry.

“Alright then.” Soo-hyuk shrugged closing the door to his office.

Bong-cha handed the paperwork to Mr. Yoo who thanked her. Blush still remained on her cheeks after the incident between both her bosses. ‘It’s so embarrassing…’ But ultimately her thoughts wandered back to the moment Jong-hyun’s large soft hands caught her’s.

“Miss Bok?” Mr. Yoo repeated as his voice began to fade in to her ears.

She perked up alarmed. “Huh? Yes? Do you need anything?”

He nodded. “No you gave me the papers, it’s just that you are just standing there...are you alright?” He leaned in asking with concern.

Bong-cha raised a hand to her face nodding creating distance. “It’s just been a very busy day.” He believed her little lie nodding giving her some advice to stay strong and work hard before she left.

Bong-cha sighed deeply meanwhile she walked the empty hall by herself. “Whatever happened to Mr. Hong’s company card?” She wondered.

 

“Yah! The next rounds on me!” All the boys cheered for Chan-yeol as he ordered alcoholic drinks from one of the restaurants that owed his father money.

Hesitantly the small family owned business catered to them seeing as they had no choice since they were under Mr. Lee’s thumb. His money was what was keeping them afloat for now.

One of the older daughters of the owner dropped a platter full of Soju at their table. Kai, completely drunk pulled on her skirt to her alarm. He lazily looked up at her raising an empty shot to her face. “Would you do the honors to-to pour some in my shot, sweetheart?” He chuckled to her distaste.

She snatched it and the rest of the boys settled their empty shots so she could fill them.

“Cheers!” The high school boys all raise their glasses dropping some of the Soju before gulping up banging the shot glasses on the table.

“Another one!” Kai demanded pulling her skirt again, this time she jerked away causing other members to “Ooh!” pretending to be surprised by her actions as they attempted to suppress drunk laughter. “Yah!” He stood up moving the table to their shock.

“Aish…” Chan-yeol rolled his eyes annoyed by Kai’s behavior, that guy simply thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Kai walks up to her while she backs away. Both her other sisters and their dad stood in the kitchen worried. Her father was about to step in when Kai has cornered her, but her sister’s held him back. “Appa, there is like 12 guys at that table!” One held tight to his arm.

“YAH!” Kai blurted louder causing her to wince as the sharp smell of Soju came out of his mouth. “What the hell is your problem...w-wench?!” He rose a finger to her face menacingly.

Her disgusted look transitioned to anger. “You, you insignificant rich bastard, you are my problem.” She countered in a bitter dark tone.

Kai laughed turning back to his friend’s amused before swiftly looking back at her. “Say it a little louder because I didn’t hear you.”

Her heart beat accelerated out of nerves but she decided to be brave enough to say it. “You are a waste of space you piece of !” Kai’s amusement was immediately replaced with anger as the back of his hand impacted with her face. The girl yelped falling back onto a booth.

Chan-yeol’s hand caught a tight grip on Kai’s wrist before he even thought about laying another hand on her. “That’s enough.” Kai glared up at Chan-yeol who only stared down on him as if he was the alpha of their group. “We’ve done enough damage, let’s get out of here.” He growled.

Kai scoffed pulling back his hand. “Whatever man.” Everyone began to get up from their large booth heading for the front entrance.

Chan-yeol turned to the rest of the girl’s family who looked clearly hurt about the incident and pissed. He properly bowed. “I’m sorry about your daughter, it wasn’t our intention to do that we just came for a good time, but Kai gets really carried away sometimes. Please accept my sincere apology.” As soon as Chan-yeol looked up the owner spit in his face to everyone’s astonishment.

“You and your family can just go to hell!” He expressed his anger loudly causing the boys who were talking near the entrance to quiet down into silence.

Chan-yeol smiled wiping the spit running down his cheek. “You have a dark sense of humor old man.” He began to whistle a short tune and his friends knew the signal all to well, they did not hesitate to start trashing the restaurant.

Booths were ripped, decor on the walls were being broken, and even valuable family and regular customer photographs were torn, crumbled, and even burned with Baek-hyun’s lighter.

The girls scream running towards their other sister with a bruise on her face helping her get up to stand behind their father. Kai only chuckled seeing how the once nice family friendly looking restaurant became a raccoon's garbage paradise. Chan-yeol whistled again after he felt satisfied with the damage done. “Let’s go guys, now we have definitely done enough.”

All of them exit out of their leaving the girls to cry while their father consoled them. However the girl with the bruise only appeared pissed keeping her cold stare on Chan-yeol as he along with his friends disappeared into the night.

 

Bong-cha stretched in her desk. She balled a fist and began to repeatedly hit her back as a form of massaging it. Soo-hyuk’s office door opens and immediately she returned to work. He locked with a key before turning to her. “You should go ahead and head home Miss Bok.”

She shyly smiled. “Oh I still have so much though.”

“Nothing you can’t take home, I always do that. It’s more relaxing doing work at home.”

Bong-cha nodded keeping her head down usually letting her long dark flat hair cover her face. “Want to walk down together?” Soo-hyuk’s offer surprised her. For sure she thought he was just going to leave it as an unfulfilled offer just to be nice and she would eventually keep working pulling an all nighter, but he still stood there waiting on her.

“Uh...sure.” She muttered getting up sorting out her paperwork and placing it in a folder. Since her crossbody bag was not big she held the folder in her hands.

Soo-hyuk smiled turning back to her to see she was ready. “Let’s take the elevator.”

He began to walk and she quickly began to catch up to him. “I-I don’t take the elevator anymore.”

“Why not?” He pressed the button to summon it. Soo-hyuk glanced down at the short girl who only blushed beyond her long disheveled hair.

“Someone told me to take the stairs from now on.” She whispered but Lee Soo-hyuk had a sharp sense of hearing.

The elevator doors opened. “You don’t have to change your lifestyle to please other individuals. Enter with me if you want, I enjoy your company.” Soo-hyuk entered sending a small little smirk her way as she lowered her head even more so he wouldn’t see the smile that formed on her own lips.

It got quiet while the elevator headed down and Soo-hyuk couldn’t help but really ask this time. “So, what was that. What happened a few hours ago between you and Jong-hyun?” It really wasn’t his business but if Bong-cha didn’t want to tell him anything he understood, but the private issue between them still bothered him for some reason.

Bong-cha gasped feeling her warm blood turn cold in fear. She remembered the text Jong-hyun sent her just before she decided to do some over time tonight. ‘Bong-cha please don’t tell Soo-hyuk, if he finds out he will personally kill me!’ Jong-hyun sent that with a lot of pleading emojis and a large sad green faced emoji with X’s for eyes. If she tells Soo-hyuk he would get onto Jong-hyun and that is something she doesn’t want on her conscious. “Nothing! It’s just between us!” She blurted out.

The elevator doors saved her as they opened to the main hall and first floor of the building. She quickly fast walked out. Soo-hyuk only furrowed his eyebrows confused. ‘What is going on with those two?’

“Hey wait!” He called out after Bong-cha but she quickly stepped out of the building. Soo-hyuk’s phone rang causing him to stop.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Soo-hyuk ah!” His mother cried through the phone. “Please...come home q-quick…” She had trouble speaking.

His brows furrowed. “Why Omma? What happened?”

“Y-your father...he is beating Chan-yeol!” She cried. “I-I tried t-to stop him, Chan-yeol’s bleeding!” Her sobbing begin to grow inconsolable.

“Mother calm down and take your medicine, I’ll be right there as soon as I can!” Soo-hyuk ran towards the main entrance.

Bong-cha exhaled feeling her cheeks heat up from that question. ‘I’m glad I got out of there!’ She fanned her face while walking on the sidewalk. ‘Mr. Lee is onto me for sure, he isn’t an idiot.’

The sound of doors busting open and feet running perked her ears. Bong-cha turned to see Soo-hyuk about 20 yards from her position running towards his BMW getting in quickly. She was surprised as his tires screeched from him speeding off. Her brows furrowed confused. ‘Did something happen?’ Something in her heart told her she was right.