part 8

Deal with Your Hybrid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day is getting late. Seokmin still stares at the sealed eyes of his hybrid. He gazes at them with admiration, but a glitter of sadness from what he has done so far appeared in Seokmin's eyes. He ignores the need for his hybrid. He is confused. He is scared. But he knows, it's not a thing to do in a hurry. Like the bond, he has built up all this time, the cautiousness that slowly make him unable to separate from his hamster. He has made himself dependent on the hamster. But unfortunately, no one knows it for sure, except himself. 

He the hamster's cheeks affectionately. Not wanting to hurt his hamster anymore, he kisses the cheek. Soonyoung does not wake up. He is napping deeply. Seokmin smiles. He's okay if the hybrid does not wake up and still dozes off. He is okay, as long as Soonyoung still in his arms, he will be fine. He just needs him to be around him, in his arms, sleeping in his arms, and dreaming about him. At least, as long as Seokmin doesn’t accidentally hurt him, he is happy.

But he hurt him. He keeps the hamster away smoothly. Without knowing, what the hamster need during this time is only him. Seokmin knows he's stupid. Because he is too afraid if later he can not satisfy the needs of the hamster. He is afraid that Soonyoung can be disappointed with all the satisfaction. He is afraid that Soonyoung will escape and will never return. But what is happening, the worse one come in their midst. The government wants to separate him from the only one who can make the Seokmin’s world shines brightly so far. He is not willing to let it happen. 

“Don’t leave me..” He mutters silently, caressing the hybrid’s cheek again. The hamster purrs, snuggling closer to him. 

In a second, they stare in each other’s universe. Seokmin finds himself smiling. 

“I’m sorry,” he says. Soonyoung frowns. 

“What for, Minnie?” 

Seokmin tugs a small crescent form, trying hard to make the hybrid understand. “For everything, I never treat you well…all you need.” 

“But you are a good owner…” He looks unsure of some parts and Seokmin can understand this condition. 

“In that case, I can understand…you don’t like me. You want me, as a pet, right? Nothing else. It’s okay…” 

There is a suffocating silence hang in the air, Seokmin can’t respond. Nor Soonyoung. The hybrid feels choking a tear secretly. He never wants to brag that matter, especially with his owner. He knows. Too much. He shall not expect anything after the first day he stepped his feet inside the home. He should be a good hybrid, not willing to gain some affection from his master and do their chores like a pet does. But his silly instinct begs otherwise. 

A peck. Seokmin plants a soft kiss on Soonyoung’s forehead endearingly. The hybrid looks up, matching their gaze and seems confused. 

“My pretty hamster,” another kiss lands on the hybrid’s nose. 

“I love you,” one more on his crown, bumping Seokmin’s nose against his hair, inhaling his scent. 

“I’m sorry. I love you too much,” the human keeps on blurting, without any consciousness of the impact to the hamster’s heart. 

He squeals hard, curling his toes, purring inside as the torment kicks within him. 

“Please..” he moans. 

A soft snoring and Seokmin cannot get bored of seeing the latter sleeping beside him. He looks so soft, endearing—and the owner wants to keep him by himself, away from world’s eyes upon him. Like a selfish person, his pride of having Soonyoung now puts him on the cloud. 

Dangerous. 

If it is the right word to tell how much risk to have Soonyoung, share him with the world, let him go out without his protection. Actually, it is dangerous. Soonyoung is the cutest hybrid he ever sees, has, knows—he can’t bear to let anyone have the hamster unless that person is himself. He can’t bear the world without Soonyoung inside. 

“Pretty,” he mumbles, his cheek gently, leaving a butterfly kiss afterwards. 

Seokmin tugs the blanket, wrapping the hybrid’s body as he wants to get off from their nest. He takes their scattering clothes, gathers them up before putting them into laundry’s box. He smiles as he gathers it all. Making a last glance before he leaves the room, Seokmin is proud of himself. After that, he makes a call to get his week-off. 

It’s worth for him. 

“Uh, Seungkwan-ah..” 

The Lee is ready. He keeps on smiling as he calls that man. 

“Huh?”

“Take down my name from the list. You should not worry my hamster any longer.” He grins. 

“You just figure out now? Well—thank you. At least I still can see your ty grin after pleasing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter