final

Hyung!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung!” a distraught Minseok barges into Sehun’s room, bottom lip quivering and eyes all watery. Sehun immediately scoops his five year old brother up, cradling the sniffling Minseok in his arms. “What’s wrong, Seokkie?”

“T-Today at school, I was playing soccer during recess,” Minseok hiccups.

“Mmhmm,” Sehun pats his brother’s back soothingly, sitting down on his bed and letting Minseok adjust in his lap, “and then?”

“A-And then Luhannie came up to me, a-and he pinched my cheeks and called me a ‘Baozi’! What’s a baozi?!” Minseok is wailing now, grabbing two tiny fistfuls of Sehun’s school uniform as he rubs his snotty nose and tears across Sehun’s crisp white button up.

Sehun feels his blood boil. That Luhan brat again?! Sehun doesn’t know any Chinese, and he definitely doesn’t know what a ‘baozi’ is, but if it’s coming out of that little punk’s mouth, it probably isn’t anything good. Sure, he’s never met this little kindergarten douchebag Luhan, but the kid seems to have been bothering Minseok for the past few days and anyone that so much looks at Sehun’s precious little baby brother the wrong way should immediately be sent to hell.

Needless to say, this Luhan jerk is number one on Sehun’s hit list.

Sehun has always been protective of his younger brother. Despite the huge , what with Sehun in high school and Minseok just starting kindergarten, their workaholic parents were never really around, and Minseok spent most of his childhood being raised by his older brother, giving them a rare but inseparable bond that has only grown stronger over the years.

Whenever little Minseok has a problem, he always goes to his dependable hyung for help. But Sehun is powerless to do anything when he’s away from his sweet little brother, like issues at school that involve Satan’s spawn Luhan. He coos softly as Minseok’s sniffles slowly die out. “It’s alright, bud. Why don’t you just ignore that meanie Luhan and play with someone else? Who was that nice kid you met on the first day, what was his name? Myungsoo?”

“Kyungsoo,” Minseok corrects as he snuggles closer into his hyung’s warm chest, thin arms wrapping around Sehun’s torso, “but all he does is plan how he’s going to murder his big brother Baekhyun.”

Sehun almost chokes on his spit, looking at his innocent little brother with horror. Just what sort of peers has his precious Minseok gotten involved with? “He what?! Does Kim seonsaengnim know about this?!”

Minseok nods furiously. “Junmyeon seonsaengnim says it’s not nice to plan other people’s death, but whenever he’s mad at Jongdae seonsaengnim he says he’s going to kill him too.”

Sehun sighs wearily. That sounds a lot like his hyungs. Despite being high school and college sweethearts as well as working in the same educational facility, Kim Junmyeon and Kim Jongdae, not the same Kim yet mind you, have one of the most dysfunctional relationships Sehun’s ever seen. One moment they’ll be cuddling on a couch and making kissy faces at each other like the gross, in-love people they are, and the next Junmyeon hyung will be swinging a ten thousand dollar vase at Jongdae hyung, threatening to slit his throat and dump his body in a river. Sehun isn’t sure what’ll happen first: them breaking up, them getting married, or Junmyeon hyung getting arrested for homicide.

Minseok soon falls asleep in his hyung’s warm embrace, Sehun humming some random tune he heard on the radio the other day as he gently the back of Minseok’s head.

“Don’t worry Seokkie,” Sehun promises his little brother, whose mind is already in the dream realm. “Hyung will make sure that Luhan brat doesn’t bother you anymore.”

Unfortunately, it doesn’t take long for Sehun to be discovered.

“Um, sir? We’ve had several people report that a suspicious man was loitering on our propert- Sehun?!”

Said suspicious man spins around, eyes wide and guilty and hands in the air. “I’m not a e! I swear! I just wanted to- hyung?”

Junmyeon crosses his arms and looks down at Sehun, who is currently crouched behind a clump of bushes near the preschool. Very subtle. “Sehun, what on earth are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in school?”

“Ahahaha,” Sehun stands up and desperately tries to think of an excuse. “It’s, uh, it’s a holiday today!”

Junmyeon crosses his arms, not looking very convinced in the slightest. “If it were a holiday we wouldn’t have class either.”

.

“I, er, I just-” Sehun’s brain has already given up on him and is running out of ideas. “Okay fine, I lied. I’m here to watch over Minseok.”

“You don’t trust us to watch him?” Junmyeon’s face is one of mild hurt.

Sehun shakes his head furiously. “No! It’s not that, it’s just- there’s this one kid in class that’s always bullying him! I was planning to teach the little a lesson!”

“Bullying?” Junmyeon looks confused. “I’ve never seen anyone coming close to being so much as anything but nice to Minseok. If anyone tried to bully him, Luhan would probably rip their arm off.”

“Luhan!” Sehun is seething. “That’s the kid! That’s the one that Minseok’s been telling me about the past few days! That little brat is going to get it- wait what, rip their arm off?”

“Huh? Luhan and Minseok are best friends.”

“What?! That’s impossible! Minseok was just crying yesterday about how the little piece of crap was calling him some Chinese swear word! A bo… a bot…”

“A baozi?”

“Yes! That’s the word.”

Junmyeon bursts out into laughter. “Sehun, baozi isn’t a swear word. There must be some misunderstanding. What else has Minseok told you about Luhan?”

“Well,” Sehun grumbles, determined to prove Junmyeon wrong, “I’ll have you know the other day he came back home and said that Luhan and his team beat him in a soccer match. My prodigal soccer player little brother. Defeated! The other team must have been cheating.”

Junmyeon shakes his head in amusement. “Luhan and Minseok are about the same level. Soccer’s one of the reason they bonded when Luhan first transferred here. In fact, they’re always playing soccer by themselves at recess, just the two of them.”

“That’s- That’s impossible!” Sehun sputters in disbelief.

“Sehun,” Junmyeon pauses to look at his dongsaeng, realization dawning upon him, “Are you sure you aren’t just jealous?”

Sehun’s eyes bulge. “Jealous?! I’m not jealous! I- I’m just making sure that that Luhan brat stays away from Minseok!”

“And I’m telling you that there’s nothing for you to worry about,” Junmyeon ruffles the younger’s head with a laugh and pushes him along. “Go back home and if you really want to, come pick up Minseok a little earlier and sort things out with Luhan and his parents or something.”

Sehun huffs and crosses his arms in protest but eventually complies, his shoulders sagging in defeat. “Fine.”

Jongdae rushes over to Junmyeon’s side upon the elder’s return to the classroom. “Who was it? Was it a e? Did they touch you? I know I shouldn’t have let you go by yourself. I swear, if they so much as looked at you the wrong way I’ll-”

“Dae, relax.” Junmyeon bats away Jongdae’s attempts to feel him up under the guise of checking for injuries. “And stop that. It was just Sehun being weird, it’s fine.”

“Wait, what?” Jongdae’s brow furrows. “What’s he doing sneaking around here? Doesn’t he have class?”

“Seonsaengnim!”

“I’ll explain later,” Junmyeon mouths as cute little Minseok hurries his way over to hug him, thin little arms wrapping around the back of Junmyeon’s neck as he scoops the boy up.

Minseok nuzzles into the elder and Junmyeon’s heart swells. It’s no wonder Minseok has Sehun wrapped around his tiny finger. “I’ve missed you seonsaengnim!”

“Luhannie missed you too!” another voice chirps as Junmyeon looks away from Minseok’s adorable face to see Jongdae picking up Luhan.

Junmyeon almost cries at how precious the two are.

“Seonsaengnim Jongdae missed you tooooo,” Jongdae whines but Minseok puffs his little cheeks out in protest. “No! Me and Luhannie missed him more!”

“Luhannie and I,” Junmyeon corrects, but it falls on deaf ears as the two toddlers proceed to loudly proclaim their superior love for Junmyeon.

“Yah, yah, you two have each other already. Junmyeon seonsaengnim is mine,” Jongdae complains as he sets down Luhan, Junmyeon setting down Minseok as well so the two can run off to go play with the rest of their class. “Geez, it’s only been hours since they made up and they’re already ganging up on me again.”

Junmyeon can’t help but smile at remembering the incident from this morning, where Minseok managed to give Luhan the cold shoulder for about a solid two minutes before he cracked, breaking out in tears of how Luhan called him a “baozi” the day before. Luhan was quick to explain himself and how baozi simply meant “steamed bun” and how he meant no harm, but simply thought it cute to call Minseok so. The whole situation resolved itself promptly within five minutes, but it seems that the only one still upset isn’t either of the two parties, but rather Minseok’s big brother Sehun. After telling this to his boyfriend and co-instructor, Jongdae breaks out into a fit of laughter.

“And now he’s coming to duke it out with Luhan later today?!” Jongdae wipes tears from the corner of his eyes. “This is too good.”

Junmyeon shakes his head. “I don’t even want to know how this is going to turn out.”

“Minseokkie.”

Minseok looks up from building his Lego house on the preschool’s classroom floor. “What is it Luhannie?”

The Chinese stares at him with a very solemn expression. “There’s something I haven’t tolded you yet. I have a secret, Minseokkie.”

“Oh.” Minseok puffs his cheeks in mild confusion before returning his focus back to building the bestest Lego house he can for him and Luhan. “Okay.”

“Like, a really big secret.” Luhan stretches his arms out as wide as he can, as though to express just how big of a secret he has. “Super mega humongous big.”

“Uh huh,” Minseok replies absentmindedly. He knows Luhan likes to sometimes pretend he knows something incredible that he can’t tell anyone, but in the end he’ll still tell Minseok, because-

“- Minseokkie is my bestest friend forever and ever.” Luhan declares, looking around quickly to make sure no one is in the vicinity before scooting close enough to whisper in Minseok’s ear. “The trut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter