Chapter #9

The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up all tangled in blankets along with Dara unnie's legs. I moved carefully not to wake her up and sled quietly into the toilet.  I washed up, got dressed and walked out after leaving a note to the unnies. I headed to today's schedule which started with a visit to the hair salon followed by makeup and clothes. I had a photo shoot for vogue Japan. This cover is a very important cover for me because it meant that I was able to officially break into the Japanese market.

The shoot went on for hours and I was starting to feel tired. I was standing with the most uncomfortable Tom Ford heels for almost four hours now and the heavy accessories were not helping at all. I pulled myself together and continued posing for the next set of photos, not wanting to seem unprofessional and impolite on my first shoot with vogue Japan. Besides being positive and professional would make the shoot go faster and smoother.

 

2 hours later the photographer shouted "that's a wrap" and everyone started clapping and bowing to one another appreciative of the hard work everyone has put into the shoot. I did the same, smiling, bowing, and thanking everyone.

I changed back into a normal white T-shirt and a pair of Jeans. I sled on my comfortable trainers and grabbed my bag and headed to my car. I felt like driving today.

 

I got inside my car and started the engine. I adjusted the rear view mirror then pulled my hair up in a high messy ponytail. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was tired but the amount of make up I had left from the shoot was able to make me look far more awake than I actually was. I pushed the mirror upwards and fastened my seat belt and started driving.

 

I checked the time as I took a left turn. 7:09 p.m. I still have time to drop by that vintage store Seunghyun oppa told me about. I decided to make a quick trip to the vintage boutique since it was on my way.

 

I made sure I went unnoticed as I entered the store bowing slightly at the shopkeeper. I was thankful that the store was nearly empty with only an old couple looking at a small golden flower photo frame on the far corner. I started looking around the antique goodies examining the curious pieces carefully. When I was about to walk out of the store with nothing to buy, a small beautifully engraved silver lighter caught my eye. I picked the small rectangular item and started looking at it carefully. There were some very well detailed engravings in the middle of the lighter’s body while the sides were covered in silver lines.

"That's a beautiful piece" suddenly said the old shopkeeper "its an authentic 1920 art deco handled lighter, it's very rare"

"It's beautiful, does it still work?" I asked lifting it up only to realize that it was heavier than today's plastic lighters.

"Of course, you just have to push this handle here down and you're fire is ready" she demonstrated, handing me the lighter back allowing me to copy her action.

"It's a special design you can’t find today" she said

"I'll take it" I said.

"Alright" she smiled taking the lighter "is that all?" she asked

"Yes, that'll be all, thank you" we both walked to the counter.

"Could you wrap it as a gift please?" I asked

"Of course" she smiled again leaning down under the counter for the gift wrapping paper. After wrapping the gift she secured it with a black string making the finished wrapping look very antique looking.  I quite liked it.

 

I payed the kind shopkeeper and drove back to Soojoo unnie's place after grabbing some snacks from the very cute bakery next to the vintage store. It was weird to drive in Japan, I've never done it before. I hardly drove in Korea too but change was nice. I bought some snacks not to go to unnie's place empty handed along with some drinks.

 

I knocked on Soojoo unnie's suit door and waited for a minute. I was then greeted by Jiyong oppa. He smiled and said "hi" stepping aside so I would walk in.

"Hi"I looked at him confused and I smiled as I walked inside.

"Belle, you’re back?" Shouted Soojoo unnie from the living room

"Yes I am" I said taking my shoes off while struggling with th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter