Chapter #8

The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later I was invited to yet another party by no other than Kiko herself, this time in Japan. I was surprised by the invite to be honest. I never thought that she would want to have me around her since she made it very clear that she didn't like me. Chaerin unnie was also invited to the party along with Soojoo unnie. I came to the conclusion that the invitation may be Kiko's way of apologizing for way she behaved at Seunghyun oppa's gathering. I decided to go to the party since I had nothing better to do this evening and since I was in Japan for a schedule of mine, why not party before I leave?

 

My manager drove me to Kiko's apartment. I walked in and rang her door bell and waited. I adjusted my super cropped boyfriend jeans and realigned the necklaces I was wearing carefully not wanting the golden chains to get stuck to the sheer black layer of the shirt I wearing. I played around with the gift bag I bought for Kiko since it's the first time I ever visit her place. I found myself comparing my apartment building to hers. My building was fancier. I dunno why I’m even comparing, I couldn’t help it. I sighed and rang the bell again. Am I in the right place?!

 

I checked the address on the text she sent me, I am in the right place. I was about to call Chaerin unnie when the door swung open.

I looked up at the woman who opened the door not recognizing who she is and I started to panic. Maybe I am in the wrong place.

"Hello" the woman said "may I help you?"

"Hi, I’m sorry, is this Kiko Mizuhara’s house?" I asked slowly

The woman looked at me and opened to speak but she was quickly shoved to the side by none other than Kiko saying in a squeal "you made it" she hugged me and I was very very surprised "come in" she said as we both walked in. If I didn’t know better I would have thought that she’s actually a nice person.

"Thanks for inviting me" I said looking around her place, it was nice I gotta admit. "Here, this is for you"  I said smiling at her feeling uncomfortable with how close she was to me.

I handed her the bag and she said "oh you didn’t have to"

Why is she super nice today, maybe she was really drunk.

"Come in the boys are not here yet, Chaerin and Soojoo are in there" she pointed towards a room which I’m guessing is the living room where the girls are sitting. Kiko then disappeared behind a door on the opposite direction.

 

I walked in the room she pointed at and I saw two very familiar faces. I hugged both unnies and then sat down.

"Yah, why are you so skinny?" Asked Soojoo unnie "its like every time I see you you lose more of your weight, is everything fine with you?"

"Yeah it's all good" I said "unnie you also changed, I like your hair, like it" I said

"Thanks" she said while flipping her hair

"Dara unnie is lost, I have to go meet her she can’t get here all alone" Chaerin unnie rolled her eyes

"Good luck with her" I said

"She doesn't even know where she is" Chaerin unnie sighed while Soojoo unnie and I both laughed at how miserable she looked.

 

"So how is life with you?" Asked Soojoo unnie when Chaerin unnie left the room

"All is good" I said "busy though"

"As usual" she said

"Yeah, I have two music videos to film here in japan" I explained in a defeated tone

"Oh wow, and?" she asked catching the tone in my voice

"And I have to wear this really tight latex bodysuit and its suffocating, I had it on for 13 hours yesterday and I’m dreading tomorrow already" I said

"Oh god, latex is the most uncomfortable" she agreed "good luck with that"

"What about you unnie?" I asked

"Oh just the usual, shoots, ads, runways" she said "all the fun stuff" she laughed

"All the fun stuff" I laughed too

Kiko walked in hands linked with her boyfriend who had apparently just arrived along with Bajowoo oppa and Seunghyun oppa.

"Oh hi" said Bajowoo oppa surprised as he saw me sitting there

I stood up and hugged him "omg hi!" just as surprised "what a coincidence"

"I know, what are the odds of finding you here" he exclaimed

"You two know each other" asked Seunghyun oppa who hugged me quickly in order to understand the situation properly

"Yeah we actually do" Bajowoo oppa hugged me again and said "man I missed you so much"

"Me too" I smiled at him

Jiyong oppa just waved at me from his girlfriend's side and I smiled back.

"she modeled for my first collection" Bajowoo oppa said

I smiled and said "it was my second time working on a look book" I explained further

"She was new in town, so we invited her to hangout with us to warm up to us and explore the city, and we’ve been friends ever since" he smiled and I smiled back at him.

"so you two know each other well then" suddenly asked Jiyong oppa

"Quiet well" Bajowoo oppa said I nodded. He looked in a deep thought.

 

After a while Cheatin unnie came back with Dara unnie all safe and sound. Dara unnie shouted "where is the birthday boy!" I then looked around surprise, birthday boy? Wait, This is a birthday dinner? .

I panicked as Kiko walked in holding a round birthday cake with the number 31 stuck on top of it. Who's birthday is it?. I looked around and I figured out that it was Jiyong oppa's birthday. Everyone were all around him cheering and singing as he leaned to blow the candles out. I stood at the far back, as far away from Jiyong oppa as possible, feeling everything but comfortable. I felt out of place and wanted to leave as soon as possible. I managed to stop myself from sneaking out now while everyone was too busy with the cake. I decided to move even further to the back and sat on the couch again hoping it will turn me into an invisible human being.

"It's time to open the gifts my love" exclaimed Kiko "the first one is from me" she said cutely. Jiyong oppa smiled at her warmly and took the wrapped box from her and started opening the gift. His friends took turns handing him their gifts, seems like everyone knew today was his birthday but me. I sank lower into my seat.

"It's Belle's turn" shouted Kiko from across the room hands wrapped around her boyfriend who looked straight up at me from across the room. I looked at them alarmed and then around, everyone was waiting for me to bring out my gift. I cleared my mouth and said "right … uhh …" what? .… wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter