Piano {Midorima}

Kiseki no Angst {KnB x Reader Angst}

🎶 your POV 🎶

 

I always had a passion for playing the piano. Too bad my parents had other plans.

 

"Are you playing that useless piano again?! This is why you're ugly and dumb"

 

I never met their expectations... Being born into a rich family should be a privilege, but for me it's a curse.

 

Why can't I be free to do what I want to do?

 

The piano creates the most beautiful melodies, whether happy or sad. It was those melodies that gave me happiness.

 

I never really interacted with anyone. I would rather spend lunches in the music room practicing.

 

The music rooms were usually empty but today, that wasn't the case.

 

I approached the piano room, a beautiful song reached my ears. I entered the room to see Midorima Shintaro sitting at the grand piano, playing a beautiful piece.

 

I guess he heard the door open as he stopped playing and turned to look at me.

 

We both started blushing and awkwardly staring at each other.

 

"U-ugh d-do yo-ou n-norm-nally

 p-practice here?" He asked. 

 

"Um-m ye-ea..." 

 

Why am I stuttering so much?? Why am I blushing?? Why does this tsundere carrot make me feel this way?!

 

"D-do yo-u w-want to play (insert piano duet cos idk any) t-together?? It's n-not l-like I've h-heard y-you play or anything I j-just c-can't play this alone. Nanodayo..."

 

"S-sure I love this song,"

 

We spent the rest of lunch playing together. He played with such elegance and precision.

 

3 weeks later in spongebobs voice

 

Midorima and I grew a lot closer in the past 3 weeks. Him and Takao became my best friends.

 

Midorima and I would always practice together in the music rooms and sometimes, Takao would come watch just so he could take the cymbals and play them purely for the purpose of annoying us.

 

Soon, the results of the yearlys were announced.

 

1st - Midorima Shintaro

-

-

-

-

- 23rd (Y/N) 

 

I'm so screwed...

 

I remembered my mums words from 3 days ago...

 

"If you don't get the top score, don't bother coming home because you WILL get a beating and don't expect me to hold back,"

 

I remember all those times in middle school...

 

I had gotten second in a test, just behind Akashi Seijuro.

 

My parents were enraged.

 

"There is no second best (Y/N). There is only the winner. Second is just the first loser and that's exactly what your are. A loser."

 

I had gotten yelled at for a few hours and then locked outside for another few hours.

 

I had gotten locked in my room for a day, with no food, water or entertainment for getting A- instead of A+.

 

All these punishments scarred my past. 

 

I didn't bother telling Takao and Midorima that I was leaving...

 

Tears clouded my eyes as I crossed the road. 

 

The honking of a car stopped me. I turned to see a car approaching me quickly.

 

Please... just hit me...

 

I would rather die quickly then slowly die on the inside.

 

I didn't even feel the impact as I lost consciousness and left the world.

 

•Midorima's POV•

 

She was really gone.

 

The girl I fell in love with.

 

The girl that made me happy.

 

The girl that made me less of a tsundere.

 

She was gone forever.

 

I sat in the music room alone, playing a sad piece on the piano.

 

This was her favourite song. She said it reminded her of herself.

 

Why didn't I notice what she was going through??

 

I could almost hear her angelic voice and happy laughs as I played.

 

I could almost feel her beside me, playing the other part of the piece.

 

Why (Y/N) why did you have to leave me??

 

I wish I could hear your voice again... Just one last time, but all I can hear is the melancholy music of this piano.