Chapter Seven: Mom.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

"I've already finished practicing," he said.

"Come in" he added, still grabbing my hand until we got to his backpack, he let go of my hand and took out some snacks from his backpack. 

"I can't focus when I'm hungry, you must be hungry too since you came here straight from the university. Here you go"  he handed me strawberry milk and a snack " Eat this first, then let's work on the song together" 

I didn't say a word. I just did as he said all surprised and confused. " Why is he being so nice to me?" I mean all the other members were nice to me but I didn't expect him to treat me this way. I was probably wrong for judging him before even knowing how he actually is. 

After I finished eating, I took the paper that I started writing the song on, I almost finished the first verse. The only thing missing is Myungsoo's lines.

He snatched it from my hands as soon as he saw it. 

" Is this our song?" he asked .

"Yes, I've already started writing the first verse but I'm a bit confused about the chorus, guess I still have so mu-" 

I looked at him and he wasn't even listening. " Woah, you're a really hardworking person, aren't you! " He exclaimed.

"I still need to ask you few questions in order to complete the first verse," I said avoiding his eye contact.

" What's wrong me? why am I being like this all of sudden" I spoke to my mind.

 " Let me guess. How does it feel like to be in love? right? " He asked.

I nodded,

 " I have no idea, I've never been in love,"  he said.

I gave him a surprised look " You never even liked someone, or had a crush on someone? " 

He shook his head. " Ever since I was a trainee, I had to focus on my career and the only persons I was allowed to love were my family, friends and my fans. I've always been busy that I almost don't feel anything." 

"It must be really hard to be an idol," I said.

" Nothing is ever easy or perfect you know?  Indeed, I really love what I'm doing." He said with a half-smile.

"Oh wait! I guess I've already had a crush on someone, many girls actually. I always fall for these innocent and girly anime characters with wavy hair" He said trying to make the atmosphere less serious.

" Falling for someone who doesn't even exist? That makes two of us" I said, and we both started laughing. 

He closed his eyes and said " If I ever had someone I love, whenever she's not by my side I'd close my eyes and imagine her next me and film a movie of my own" 

"Right! that's it" I quickly took a pen and started writing.

"First verse and is now complete" I enthusiastically said.

He suddenly got up and took his guitar.

 " What are you doing?" I curiously asked.

"Let's do it together, I'll help you with the chorus," He said.

"But I'm supposed to be writing it on my own, isn't that cheating?" I said in a low tone.

 " Aiish! You can't be this innocent, can you? I bet you did some cheating with the other members as well" He smirked.

" Let's just do it" he added.

" You bad influence," I said while glaring at him, then we both burst into laughter again.

(Sunggyu POV) 

Is that really Myungsoo? I haven't seen him like that since our trainee days. He usually takes everything seriously and never laughs, he only does that on some broadcasts. It's really nice to see him finally being a human and not the emotionless robot he always pretends to be. I've never seen him treat any girl this way.  As much as I hope this girl stays here for so long. I'm really worried about how things are going to turn out. He's an idol after all, and the media won't leave him alone if something happens between these two. I know it's too early to assume that but I really don't want any of them to suffer. Especially Myungsoo, he's been distant and cold since that incident. 

Back in our trainee days, Infinite was supposed to debut as 8 members, Insoo was in the same age as Myungsoo, they have been friends since elementary school, they even auditioned together for Woollim Entertainment. Insoo had a girlfriend whom he loved so much. But he found out later that she only accepted to be his girlfriend to stay close to Myungsoo.  But Myungsoo never had feelings for her. Insoo was in Busan back then, his girlfriend's hometown, but once he heard the truth from her he got so furious, he was driving back to Seoul late at night. All the members were in the dorm discussing stuff when he suddenly called Myungsoo around 1 am. Myungsoo was really shocked to hear what Insoo said, he was even more disappointed when he called him a traitor and said that all of this was planned by him. He got really angry and said some hurtful words back.  And hang up the phone. 

The next day, we heard that Insoo got into a car accident and was hospitalized, we went right away to the hospital after we heard the bad news but he refused to see any of us, we heard from the doctor that he got temporary paralyzed due to the accident and that his parents will take him to the US until he gets better since they're living there.  He then went to the US and lived there with his parents, he even canceled his contract with the company and didn't want to see any of us again.

Myungsoo was badly affected by what happened to his friend, he's been really distant since that time. Even though he would sometimes participate in our conversations and all, I can feel that he only does that because he cares about us and doesn't want to lose us like he lost Insoo. 

(Myungsoo)

We finished earlier than we were supposed to. Working with Seol-ah was exactly like my friends described it, she's really cheerful. I haven't laughed like this for ages.

We decided to take some rest before going to our places, she suggested listening to music.

"So, which song do you want me to play?"  I asked her while checking my phone's playlist.

"Just any Infinite's song. I really like your songs." She said.

I played the first song on my Infinite's playlist without paying attention that it was the one called "Mom" 

   

"This song...." She said with a shaky voice.

"Oh damn, I didn't mean to play this one. Great Myungsoo. Now you're gonna make her remember her dark past again. " I spoke to myself annoyedly.

"This song is one of my favorite songs... I miss my mom, she has always been there for me, she was my friend and the sister that I've never had. If only  I can see her again, just one more time... I never even told her a simple ' I love you' " She said trying to hold her tears back. 

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to play this song" I gave her an apological look.

"You don't have to apologize, you wouldn't know. My parents loved each other so much, I can say they were the happiest married couple ever. Dad loved mom so much, and so did she. I sometimes wonder if I could ever have a love story like my parents' " she said while looking down.

I knew that she lost her parents, it was mentioned in the diary. However, she never mentioned what happened to them or how they died. 

"Is it okay if I ask you what happened? Can you talk about it?" I asked her while patting on her shoulder trying to comfort her.

"It was a summer night when my parents decided to go on a date, it was their anniversary. I stayed at my best friend's house. We were eating midnight snacks and watching our favorite Tv shows when her parents told me that there was an explosion in a gas fire next to the restaurant my parents went to, and that they were in the gas station when the explosion occurred. That's all I remember." she said.

I know that she remembers everything so well, she's just afraid of letting her tears out as she keeps talking about it and showing her weakness. 

"I know that your parents are watching you with a smile on their faces, I know they're proud of you Eun Seoul-ah! You're such a really brave and strong person, don't ever let anyone tell you the opposite" I said trying to encourage her.

She just smiled at me without saying anything.