Chapter Thirteen: Don't Leave.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

(Myungsoo)

"Insoo??? Why do you have Seol ah's phone? What's going on?"

Insoo: You remember me? woah.. I'm impressed. I thought you already forgot about this WORTHLESS fool.

"What the hell is going on? Where's Seol ah? Where are you?"

Insoo: Hyung.. Remember when we used to play hide and seek? Ga-in and I used to hide and you used to spend minutes and even hours trying to find us. Let's play that game again. But this time it's not Ga-in and me. It's your lovely girlfriend, Eun Seol ah. Let's see if you can find her before the game is over.

"Yah Song Insoo! Quit playing games! If you have something against me come and see ME. It's between you and me. Don't get her involved in this. I swear if something happens to her I won't let it slide this time."

Insoo: The game will be over after the sunset. Let's see if you really love her.

"Insoo??? Yah Song Insoo???"

He hung up. I can't believe he kidnapped Seol ah.. If anything happens to her I don't think I can... No, Noway. Song Insoo. you'd better be joking this time. 

I sent a message to the guys.

"Guys let's meet NOW. It's an urgent matter. "

(Seol ah)

<< I can see them... My parents... They're both in the car, they look happy, they're laughing. Dad must be telling mom one of his funny jokes again. Wait... I can hear them. Where am I? Is this the gas station? Oh... that store, they sell my favorite strawberry ice cream out there. Dad is telling mom he's going to get it for me. My heart is pounding. They stopped by to get me ice cream. No! Dad! go back to the car, I don't want it! Something so bad is gonna happen I can feel it... Oh my God what's going on... There's fire everywhere... The car is burning... Oh no, Mom!!!! Dad!! Please no... They're gone. My parents died... Because of me >>  I woke up.

It was a nightmare... That nightmare again. My heart is pounding, I'm sweating profusely and my eyes are teary... I'm trembling.

I looked around trying to find something I recognize, the room was silent, the roof is too high, I can see a top-hinged roof window above me, I can see palm trees, this place looks really old, where am I? wait.. I can't move. I'm tied up. My hands are bound. No matter how I try I cannot untie myself. What's going on? why am I here?? I'm freaking out. I took a moment to calm down and recall what had exactly happened... when that person suddenly entered the room, he's that person who claimed to be Myungsoo's friend.

"Who are you? What do you want from me? Myungsoo... Where is Myungsoo??" I yelled.

"You're being a bit too loud, don't you think so? Seol ah-ssi?" He calmly said.

"Help! Is there anyone here?? Please help me!!!!" I shouted with all my might.

"No matter how loud you shout, nobody is gonna hear you. We're the only persons here." He said as he brought another chair and sat in front of me.

"Who are you exactly? How do you know my name? How do you know Myungsoo? Why did you bring me here? I have no money... Please let me go." I said with a shaky voice, I didn't realize that I was already crying.

He let out a loud evil laugh which made me even more scared. "How cute... Money? you're so funny. I'm going to tell you a story, so listen carefully and don't make me lose my temper. Or else, you'll never guess what's gonna happen." He stood up and slowly walked to the window. "You know where we are right now, don't you? you've already been here." He asked while looking at the window.

"I-I have no i-idea..." I said with a trembling voice.

"You've already been here with your lovely boyfriend. You seemed so happy that day. I'm wondering how long will that last." He smirked.

I was thinking, where is this place? Have I ever been here? All I can see is the palm trees from the two windows in the room. This house seems really old, it seems like an abandoned place. Wait.. An abandoned place? Is this where I came with Myungsoo that day? That creepy amusement park... It must be somewhere around here. "How did y-" 

"So you remember." He cut me off. "How did I know? I've been watching you two for a while now. But that's not important now that you're finally here, I'll tell you the story." 

I was so scared that I couldn't talk. I had so many questions roaming my head. Who is this guy? Why was he stalking us? How does he know Myungsoo? and so many other questions. But I couldn't say a thing. 

"I'm going to tell you the story of three best friends. Two boys and a girl. They have been best friends since elementary school. They used to be inseparable. They grew up together and did everything together. They were happy. One of the boys loved that girl. He loved her so much since the day he saw her. But she only had eyes for the other one. Of course, she would, I mean who wouldn't? He was the most popular guy at school, the most handsome and the top student of his class, he was perfect and all the girls loved him. But that was before the three of them became really close friends. After they became friends, these kind of feelings weren't that important. What mattered the most was the three of them being together. As time passes, that guy finally had the courage to confess to the girl. The girl accepted and that "perfect guy" seemed so happy for them. However, that guy.. let's call him a fool. So we have the fool and the perfect guy. That fool noticed the way she used to look at that perfect guy. Even though she accepted to be him, he couldn't feel the sincerity in her feelings so he wanted to become a better person to impress her, he even dropped out of school to follow his dream so he could impress her. You know that feeling when you love someone so much that you're ready to give everything just to keep them? But you keep feeling like you're not good enough for them. Like someone else could do so much better than you?" 

"That "perfect guy" is Myungsoo, right? And the fool... Is that you? You really were his ,, best friend? " I asked.

"You're smarter than I thought." He saidThen he completed. " At that moment, we were all confused about our careers. My parents wanted me to study abroad and live with them. Ga-in wanted to stay in Busan and go to a university in her hometown, while Myungsoo was expected to attend one of the most popular universities in Korea or the US since he was the top student. I've always dreamed of becoming a singer. I never told my parents that I actually dropped out of school. They were away, but they trusted me. They trusted this fool. I practiced every day for the audition for years. And since I had to come here to Seoul for the audition. Myungsoo who was studying here in one of the best universities in Korea, went with me to encourage me. We happened to bump into the CEO of the company who seemed to be really interested in Myungsoo, he even asked him if he came for the audition. Myungsoo wasn't so interested but he made him sing a song and told him he would make a really great K-pop idol. He totally refused at first but the CEO succeeded to convince him to participate in the audition. We were both accepted. I felt angry for a while. But feeling that angry made think that I'm a bad person, he was my best friend and of course I wanted him to succeed but I spent years practicing and ever skipping meals and getting sick because of the lack of sleep, I even dropped out of school, it was so unfair to see him having everything without even trying.  Once we became trainees. Our friends started becoming meaningless day after day. He got closer to the other guys with whom we were supposed to debut as a group, you already know them I assume. They all became so close, they would hang out together and spend more time together, they invited me of course but I always felt like I had to work even harder than any of them does so I had no time to waste.  Just by seeing them. I felt like a tortoise, who absolutely couldn't keep up with the hares. They were all talented and each member had something unique about him but me? I was just an average hard-working member. I felt like I'm lacking in many places, I felt that I had to put in much more efforts but all had no use. I just wasn't born like them. I needed some rest, I needed to go away for a while. And that's when I went to see Ga-in. I thought she would be happy to see me. I thought she would hug me and tell me how much she missed me, she was still my girlfriend after all right?  But all that she said was "Did you come here alone? Where's Myungsoo?" I was so mad that I kept yelling at her until she finally admitted that she has always loved him, that she only accepted to be my girlfriend to stay close to him. She even said that she has already confessed to him right before I confess to her but he didn't like her back.  I couldn't believe that. I didn't want to believe it. I was driving back to Seoul when I called him.  You know what he said?  " I'm glad you finally realized how worthless you are." Then he hung up. After I heard these words, I felt terribly bad. I had lost two of the most important people in my life in one day. I was so lost in my thoughts, suddenly everything has gone black. That's all remember."

I didn't know how to react to what I heard. There's no way Myungsoo would say that, right? I couldn't believe what he said.

He must have noticed that.

"You don't believe it, do you?"  He looked at me. " The "Myungsoo" you know is way too pure to do that right?" He asked.

"He didn't do anything. It's not his fault." I mumbled. Which made him really angry. 

"IT'S NOT HIS FAULT YOU SAID? HE TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME... Everything that I ever had. My love. My dream. And almost my life. That's not the end you know? After I woke up in the hospital. I couldn't move both my legs. The doctors said that I was temporarily paralyzed and that to the accident has caused too much damage to my body. I had the cancel the contract with the company and go to the US for the treatment. I had to give on everything, all these times I spent practicing. All these time I spend dancing, I thought I was getting so much better but It's all gone. I suffered for years because of my injury. And all this time... I haven't received even a single call or a message neither from him nor from Ga-in. 

There was a time when I wished they could come and visit me or even just call me. I was so lonely, I was ready to forgive them for everything.  But then I saw him on the Tv. One of the most popular and successful K-pop groups in Korea, Infinite. He looked happy in the interviews. They all became so popular and really loved by their fans. I could be in his place. That could be me. I then came here, I saw you two in the car that day. He was taking good care of you. He looked so happy. How can he look this happy after taking everything from me? That's why I'm gonna take everything from him. Starting with you. You'd better pray he'll find you before it's too late. "

He lighted a candle and headed to the door. It's getting darker.

"W-wait.. Where are you going? Please get me out of here... What did you do to Myungsoo.. and what do you mean by too late? What are you planning to do??" I was freaking out.

He didn't say a thing, he just got out of the room. 

 

(Myungsoo)

We've been looking for Seol ah the whole day. We even called the police. 

It's getting dark and we cannot find her anywhere.

"Nothing should happen to her.. I promised to protect her. I promised her." I stocked my hair trying to hold back my tears. 

Woohyun patted on my shoulder and said: Don't worry we're going to find her.

Sungyeol: Knowing Insoo. He can't do anything bad to her. I'm sure he's just trying to mess with you.

Sunggyu: Myungsoo. Can't you think of any place he could have possibly taken her to? 

Hoya: He's right! Since he told you that you have to find her. You must already know at least the area where he's hiding her right? Isn't that the rule of the game?

Myungsoo: That's right! How didn't I think about that? The place I took Seol ah that day. I saw Insoo there but I thought I was wrong. Oh no! It will take us at least one hour to get there.. Let's go fast!

(Seol ah) 

It's getting darker. I'm scared, no matter how loud I scream, no one is going to hear me. And what did he mean by too late? Is he going to kill me? 

I looked at the candle as the flashbacks started. I closed my eyes and all these little memories started drowning my mind. His smile, the way he looks at me, his touch... I didn't spend much time with him but.. these few memories are precious to me. I remembered my parents and Anna... Is this really the end for me? After everything got better? I didn't even get the chance to spend more time with the love of my life.. 

I opened my eyes to see fire everywhere, It's getting harder for me to breathe. Is this really the end? 

Seeing fire everywhere made me think of that nightmare.. of how my parents died.. I guess I'm having a panic attack, my chest hurts so bad,  am I having a heart attack?  I can't breathe, I'm feeling numb... I can feel my eyes getting heavy and shutting...

"Seol ah.. Seol ah I'm here... I'm going to save you, you're going to be fine" I heard his voice.

"Myungsoo... I..love you.." I whispered... And everything turned dark.