Chapter four: Voice Of My Heart.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

(Myungsoo)
 

I'm finally having a day off. Today's schedule is free, so I decided to have some quiet time by myself to enjoy my day off.

Oh... wait!We still have to meet that girl again today. "sigh"

It will be fine. I won't let anything ruin my day. I still have more than 5 hours till then.

I took a quick shower, put on some comfortable clothes and headed to my favourite place. A secret rock right in front of a deep pond.I call it secret because I don't think anyone else knows about it. I've been going there for years, I go there every time I need to spend some time by own, compose music, or think.

I'm finally here. "It's been a while" I mumbled while walking to my spot.

Wait, what? Is someone already sitting there? How is that possible? I've never seen anyone here for the last 6 years since I first discovered this place. 
 

I quietly walked toward that person... She is a girl. What is she even doing here? It's 10 in the morning, doesn't she know that this place might be dangerous? Nobody's anywhere around here, it's an abandoned place. "She must be fearless." I spoke to myself as I got closer.I froze in my tracks as I saw her face."That ill-mannered girl? The one who came to our company yesterday How does she even know about this place?" I whined.I was about to go and talk to her when I heard her voice. She's talking on the phone, I wasn't so far from her so I accidentally heard all that she was saying. 

<< Unnie, you know... life is beautiful, it's so beautiful. I feel so bad for realizing this just now. It's really unfortunate that I just found this place today. It's so peaceful, but I don't think I'll be able to come here again. Unnie, I made a decision. You wanted to come here to keep me company but you couldn't make it. Now I'm the one who's gonna go there and be with you forever along with mom and dad. I miss them so much. Are you taking good care of them? Why did you guys go and leave me all alone in here? I thought you loved me. You were the only persons I had in this world. And now I'm all alone. But don't worry about that, I already made my decision. And I'm going to be with you all so soon. 

Unnie... I went to the university today, for the first time after you were gone. Remember how excited you got when I told you that I'm going to give you a tour around my university and let you meet my friends? I suddenly remember that as I got there, a tear escaped from my eyes but I quickly wiped it and got in. I tried to pretend that everything was okay and went directly to see "my friends" but something was wrong. They all gave me that cold look, just like I betrayed them or something. I even heard Ye Seul say some really mean things about me. I thought she was my closest friend. They all hated the fact that I was offered to be Infinite's songwriter. They even told me that I'm not good enough to be doing that, they told me to give up and that they only pretended to be my friends because I'm pitiful. If only you know Unnie... I don't wanna be famous. I don't want any of that. I just want to be with mom and dad and you. I wanna go back to the old days when we used to steal the delicious brownies our moms used to make while they pretend like they didn't see us so we all burst into laughter when they tell us stories about the kids who steal sweets and how they're so bad. I wanna go back to these Christmas nights when we used to eat all kind of delicious food and have sleepovers. 

Unnie... Let's all meet again and be so happy in our next life. Please tell my parents that I love them so much and I can't wait to see you again very soon.>> 

   

I didn't know how to feel about what I've just heard. I felt an urge to go and hug her and let her cry on my shoulder. I now understand why she acted that way yesterday. She must have gone through a lot of things. But I'm wondering what is that decision was she talking about. 

"Yah Kim Myungsoo... Get yourself together, why do you suddenly care about a random girl? You don't even remember her name. You want to hug her you said? You must have gone mad. You never act like that when it comes to girls. What happened to the careless and self-centered L huh? Just care about your fans. "I suddenly told myself as I was so lost in my thoughts trying to figure out whether to comfort her or just ignore what I've just heard since it's none of my business. 

I decided to just walk away and go back home. I mean why would I bother interfering with someone's life. I don't even know her. 

I stunned when I heard the sound of something that has fallen in the water.  I turned back to see no trace of her.  I quickly ran to the pond to see her already floating on the top of the water. I immediately jumped to save her,  she had already lost consciousness, and she wouldn't wake up.  That's weird, she hasn't even been underwater for that long.  I took her backpack trying to find her phone so I can call someone for help because I didn't bring mine. I got shocked when I saw a huge empty bottle of sleeping pills. " WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU JUST DONE???" I yelled with frustration.

I instantly carried her looking for the nearest hospital. After waiting for 20 minutes, the doctor assured me that she's going to be fine after getting some rest, and he told me that things could have been worse if I brought her here a bit later. I heaved a sigh of relief then noticed that I'm still carrying her backpack. I searched for her phone so I can call her relatives or someone she knows. She only has two contacts on her phone. Her music teacher and her best friend. I sent them both a message to come and get her out of here then left the hospital. 

I cannot stand being here, the smell, seeing people hurting, seeing people crying due to the loss of their loved ones. Hospitals are the worst places ever. 

(Seol ah)

I woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfectant, invading my nostrils. I slowly opened my eyes trying to recall what had happened. Why am I here?  I shut my eyes once again, trying to assemble all the pieces in my memory to solve the puzzle I'm lost in.  

"You're not even good at dying" I spoke to myself with frustration, I took my backpack that was next to my pillow and got out of the hospital's room.  I saw my teacher running toward me. "Was he the one who saved me? How did he know I was there? "

" What happened? Are you okay? I got here as soon as I saw the message!" He said with a concerned voice. 

"The message? What message?" I thought

"I'm fine, I just felt dizzy because of lack of sleep." I lied 

He didn't seem to believe me but I just kept acting like everything is fine. 

(Teacher's POV)

As soon as I got out of the elevator, I ran toward Seol ah who looked so pale, yet she kept pretending that she was just dizzy and that everything was fine. She's a bad liar. I've been her teacher for like 2 years, and as a teacher who cares about his students and knows them pretty well, I could tell that she was lying. I didn't wanna put more pressure on her and ask her what actually happened so I just changed the topic.

"You don't have to go the company today. I'll just tell them you're not feeling well." I said.

(...silence) 

She squeaked out after a long thought " I will go." 

"You really don't have to." I assured her.

"But I want to." She said and gave me a half smile. 

She has always been like that. We never know what she's up to.

(Myungsoo's POV) 

I went back to that place thinking about everything that has just happened trying to understand the whole situation.

She's been through so much. I really hope she doesn't do that again.

When I got closer to the place where she was sitting, my eyes caught a black notebook with the name "Eun Seol ah" on the top of it, as I picked it up, a piece of paper fell down.

.... I hesitated before picking it up 

"Is that what I think it is? ..."