Chapter Seven

Starstruck

 

“You’re going.”

Kibum blinked a few times. Did he hear him right? His boss was telling him to pack up and leave for New York for a year? Forget about the tour and go? Is that what he was hearing? “Huh?”

Heechul stood up from his chair and walked around his oak desk. He leaned against it and rested his hand on Kibum’s shoulder, “You’ve only been one of my designers for about two weeks, but you’ve impressed for so long. You have so much talent and there is only so much I can teach you. I still have much to teach you, but you need more than just me.”

“But hyung-“

The elder designer shook his head and smiled, “No, Key. Trust me. I believe in you.”

The diva bit his lip in thought, “What about Jonghyun’s tour?”

“You will be there tomorrow for his first concert in Seoul. No if, ands, or buts about it. But he understands that this is the right choice for you. He was the one who called Jae, not me,” he smiled at the boy.

Kibum looked down at the ground. Jonghyun did call Jaejoong. He had said so over the phone. It was still so shocking. He couldn’t believe Jonghyun would do something like that for him. Sure, the other loved him, but this was too much.

“I’ll do it,” he said confidently.

Heechul smiled at the other, “Good. Now get out. You have work to do.”

Kibum bowed his head and made his way out of the room, but Heechul called out to him, “Key. One more thing… Jonghyun’s new song; Listen to the words when you hear it.”

The designer stared at his hyung for a moment before nodding his head and leaving the room. He would listen to the song. For Jonghyun’s sake, he had to.

---

It was the day of Jonghyun’s first concert. It was the kick off to the tour and promotions for his first solo album in Seoul, Korea. Everyone was buzzing about it. All the TV shows and radio were talking about it. Almost eight years since 7SECONDs became famous, almost a year since they broke up and only a few months since he went solo and he already hit such heights without s.

But Jonghyun wasn’t happy. No, as he stared as his reflection in the mirror, all he saw was how broken he was. He no longer had s or even the one he loved. All he had was his music.

He sighed and sunk down in his seat, closing his eyes and humming to himself. Focus Jonghyun. Feel sorry for yourself later.

“Can I interrupt?”

Jonghyun glanced over at the door and saw Kibum leaning against the door. He sat up and looked at the mirror, “Here to make me look awesome.”

Kibum walked over to Jonghyun and nodded his head, “I just add a few nice clothes. You’re always awesome. Didn’t you use to call yourself ‘the king of all the awesome awesomeness’ or something like that?”

The blonde instantly started laughing. He covered his mouth and tried hard to stop his smile, but he couldn’t. Those were good times. Things were easy and simple. Kibum smiled at Jonghyun. He missed happy Jonghyun. It was nice.

“Jonghyun… thank you.”

The singer looked down at his lap and chuckled shortly, “Jaejoong told you it was me, huh?”

Kibum nodded his head and smiled, “You need to stop-“

“I’m trying to stop loving you, Key. It’s har-“

“No, I mean stop doing things like this. I don’t deserve. Definitely not from you. You deserve someone who loves you. Not me,” Kibum said softly, “I’m a horrid .”

Jonghyun looked up at Kibum and shook his head, “I was just angry-“

“But you’re right,” Kibum said with a shrug. “I’ve spent so long in love with Jinki. I’ve spent so much time trying to be perfect for me, but I don’t even have the right parts and I am not getting a change for some guy. Please.”

The blonde smiled at Kibum, “I always thought you were perfect.”

Kibum bit his lip to stop from smiling like an idiot. He looked into Jonghyun’s eyes for a moment before leaning forward and pressing his lips again Jonghyun’s. It was just a soft kiss, nothing special. It only last a few seconds, “I believe in you.”

Jonghyun watched as Kibum walked out of the room. He reached up and touched his lips softly before looking at the door once again. He smiled slowly before sinking in his seat, grinning at his reflection.

---

The lights took center stage. Jonghyun remerged for an encore. He had blown all of his fans away with an amazing concert. He smiled and he laughed and he sang his heart out. He felt pride and most of all, he felt like his heart was slowly mending. Kibum had kissed him and said he believed in him. He wouldn’t have asked for anything better than that.

Jonghyun smiled out at the audience and chuckled, “Having fun?”

The crowd went crazy and Jonghyun laughed even more. He wiped the sweat off his brow and smiled, “This will be my last song. I know, awe,” the crowd mimicked the sound and he grinned, “This song… means so much to me. I wrote this for the person I love and I still love them today. For almost… gosh, I lost count of how many years I’ve loved him, but since I was… ten or eleven and I’m twenty-three. You do the math. I’m not good at it,” he laughed and his fans laughed with him.

Kibum stared at Jonghyun from his spot in the concert all. Far off to the left. Jonghyun wouldn’t be able to see him. He had a flight to catch soon. He wanted to hear his song before he left.

“The person I love is here to today and I want them to hear this song. You said you believe in me, well I believe in you. When you leave for New York, I’ll still be waiting for you. I love you,” he smiled into the crowd.

He took a seat on a stool and readjusted his mic before he was handed his acoustic guitar. He played a few small notes before he began singing;

‘Everyone’s around.

No words are coming now,

And I can’t find my breath.

Can we just say the rest with no sound.

 

And I know this isn’t enough.

I still don’t measure up.

I know I’m not prepared.

Sorry is never there when you need it.

 

And I do want you to know,

I’ll hold you up above everyone.

And I do want you to know,

I think you’d be good to me.

And I’d be so good to you.

I would…

 

I thought I saw the signs,

Somewhere between the lines,

But maybe it’s me.

Maybe I only see what I want.

 

I still have your letter.

Just got caught between someone I just invented,

Who I really am and who I’ve become.

 

And I do want you to know,

I’ll hold you up above everyone.

And I do want you to know,

I think you’d be good to me.

And I’d be so good to you.

I would…

 

And I do want you to know,

I’ll hold you up above everyone.

And I do want you to know,

I think you’d be good to me.

And I’d be so good to you.

I would…

 

I’ll be good to you,

I’ll be good to you.

I’ll be good to you,

I’ll be good to you.

 

I’d be so good to you…’

 As the song ended, Kibum wiped the tears out of his eyes. He clapped along with audience for a few moments before picking up his bag and placing the strap on his shoulder, “Idiot,” he said to himself before he walked out the back door.

Jonghyun stood up and bowed to fans, smiling as the tears rolled down his face. They started throughout the song and he couldn’t get them to stop, but they didn’t ruin his voice. They made it more powerful, added meaning to his words.

As he stared out at the audience, he caught sight of the door to his left, opening. He saw a figure walking out. He chuckled to himself and smiled as he wiped his tears, “Bye…

---

Author’s note: This is the second to last chapter. The last one will be short, but will have… ! As requested by Sunny (she is an animal… I’m kidding, I love her. :3 )

HOPE YOU ENJOY! THIS IS CRAP! LOVE IT! <3

THOSE LYRICS BELONG TO MARIANA'S TRENCH AND I DO NO OWN THEM! I DO NOT INTEND TO SELL THE LYRICS OR ANYTHING. Seriously though, listen to the song, Good To You by Mariana's Trench. They are amazing <3

---

©sungyo2o12