Chapter Four

Starstruck

 

“OW! You did that on purpose!”

“No, I didn’t! You won’t hold still!”

“OW! You did it again!”

“Stand still, Jonghyun!”

“Stop pocking me!”

“Stop complaining!”

“Children, let’s not yell,” Heechul sighed as he walked into the room, “Coffee,” he said and his assistant handed him a nice hot coffee. Since he made Kibum his designer, he had to get a new lacky. Now he had a very adorable boy named Hangeng. Heechul fancied the adorable male. He was such a pushover.

Kibum stood up and crossed his arms as he glared at Jonghyun. “I’m sorry, hyung, but Jonghyun is a terrible person to dress up. He complains every five minutes!”

“You’re trying to KILL me,” Jonghyun whined as he pulled up the pants leg, “Oh my god! I’m bleeding! I’m gonna die!”

Heechul, Kibum and Hangeng stared at Jonghyun. Jonghyun stared back at them, “Too dramatic?”

They all nodded before Heechul spoke up again, “Tomorrow is the photo shoot cover for your album jacket. Based on the snippet your manager let me listen to, you seem to be going for a heart broken. Lost love? Am I right?”

A look crossed Jonghyun’s eyes and Heechul instantly caught it. He smiled softly. He was right. “You wrote it yourself? Good To You? That’s the song right?”

Jonghyun nodded his head and he pulled off a smile, “Yeah. That’s my song.”

Kibum looked at Jonghyun and tilted his head. He had known Jonghyun for years and the other never showed any real interest in anyone. They used to be really close. They told each other everything. He told Jonghyun about how he felt for Jinki (Taemin figured it out on his own). He looked down at the ground. He missed those times.

“Tell me about him,” Heechul said. Kibum lifted his head and looked at Jonghyun who didn’t seem that thrilled.

“I’d rather not,” Jonghyun retorted, “Just tell me what you two have in mind.”

Heechul looked at Kibum and smiled, “I’m not your designer. If he chooses to tell you, that is up to him. If not, you’ll find out tomorrow. Have a good day you two.”

The older male took his leave, leaving the two in an awkward silence. Jonghyun had an annoyed look on his face while Kibum was just confused, “Why did he seem like he knew you?”

“Are you going to show me my outfit or not?”

Kibum’s eyes snapped into Jonghyun’s direction, narrowing slightly. He didn’t know why he was so pissed off, but he didn’t do anything. “Yah, I’m just stating a fact. I don’t know why you’re acting like such an .”

“We had a deal, Kibum,” Jonghyun spat as he glared at his old friend. He hated that he was yelling at Kibum, but he didn’t want Kibum to notice the truth, “Just leave me alone.”

The blonde pushed by Kibum and walked out of the room. The male stood there for a moment, biting his lip in frustration. Jonghyun was right. They had a deal and he wasn’t going to it up. He took a deep breath and went back to his work.

ᘛᘚ

It was the day of the photo shoot and everyone was on edge. Everything had to go perfect. This was for Jonghyun’s first solo album. He had singles and music videos, but this was the beginning of his concert activities. He’d have a week of performances before beginning his concert; five concerts in Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Los Angeles and New York City. He was going to levels 7SECONDS never reached after seven years. It only took him six months.

Jonghyun sat, having makeup spread upon his face. He was not looking forward to this photo shoot. He had no idea what Kibum was going to put him in. He was going to look terrible, he knew it. Kibum was going to have his revenge and Jonghyun knew he deserved it with how he treated him yesterday. It was uncalled for. Kibum didn’t know.

Kibum walked into the room, holding a bag and a box. He set the box on the counter and held up the bag, “You’re outfit.”

He opened the back revealing a black leather jacket, an oddly colored shirt and ripped skinny jeans. He pushed the outfit into Jonghyun’s arms before opening the box, pulling out a pair of very shiny Doc Martens, “Get dressed.”

Jonghyun looked at the outfit then at Kibum, “This is something I would wear on the street.”

“I know,” was all Kibum said before walking out of the room.

The singer sighed and leaned back in the chair. Kibum knew him too well. He had always complained about what his stylists would put him in over the last few years. He knew exactly what he wanted and what he didn’t want. He felt ten times worse now.

He got dressed quickly and made his way out into the studio. Coordis surrounded him and began fixing his outfit, but Kibum pushed them away, growling at them about ruining his outfit, “Idiots,” he sighed as he fixed Jonghyun’s jacket and shirt. “This is my masterpiece… and they are trying to ruin it.”

Jonghyun smiled softly at Kibum, “I’m your masterpiece?”

Kibum looked at Jonghyun and blushed instantly, “I mean your outfit! Not you! God, you never change,” he scoffed. “Ugh, your hair. Hold still.”

He stepped closer to Jonghyun and started moving the strands out of his face. He lowered his hand and smiled, “Perfect,” he looked into Jonghyun’s eyes and something flashed by the singer’s eyes. Kibum gulped and blinked a few times. What exactly was that?

The designer backed away and his lips, “G-get over there. It is time for the shoot. Don’t ruin my outfit.”

Jonghyun smiled and nodded his head. He walked over to the camera and the shoot began. All there was Jonghyun and a tan colored couch. Since Jonghyun’s title song was about being heart broken, the couch was supposed to represent Jonghyun’s forever waiting heart or something. Kibum blanked during the discussion. All he cared about was if the couch clashed with the outfit and it didn’t, so Kibum was happy.

As Kibum watched Jonghyun in front of the camera, he began thinking. Life was so easy before Jonghyun, Minho and Jinki got famous. It was just the five of them. They were all so different, but worked together so well. He missed the days when they would hang out in Minho’s garage and put on fake performances or fake runways and photo shoots.

He smiled to himself at the memories of all of them goofing off. Everything was so easy back then, now everything was… different. They weren’t together any more. They were barely all friends anymore.

“That’s a wrap! You were great, Bling Bling,” the photographer smiled brightly as he shook Jonghyun’s hand, “I really hope to work with you again.”

“You as well,” Jonghyun smiled, “Thank you everyone!” He bowed before making his way over to Kibum, “Thank you, Key.”

Kibum’s eyes widened, but Jonghyun’s smile didn’t change. He knew that he called Kibum ‘Key’. Kibum smiled softly and nodded his head, “No problem, Jjong.”

Jonghyun’s smiled grew larger as he made his way to the back to change back into his clothes. Kibum watched after him and bit his lip for a small moment. Maybe things could go back to the way they were.

ᘛᘚ

Kibum packed up the clothes and placed them in the back of the van. He was about to hop in when he heard Jonghyun call after him, “Key!”

The designer looked over to see Jonghyun running over to him. He stepped down and walked over to Jonghyun, “What is it?”

“Wanna go get a drink? You know? For old time sake? I know we made a deal, but the deal is stupid and I really wanted to apologize to you and just talk,” Jonghyun said quickly, but he took a breath and smiled, “Please?”

Kibum thought about it for a moment before nodding his head, “Alright. I’d like that.”

“Is there room for three more?”

The two looked over to see Minho and Taemin, both smiling, “Can you not count, Minho? There is only the two of you.”

“Can you count, Jjong,” A voice said from behind the two. Kibum’s and Jonghyun’s eyes both widened as they saw who it was.

“J-jinki…”

ᘛᘚ

Author's Note: This is update number two for today! Are you surprised with the ending? ;D I was going to push Jinki's return back for awhile, but this isn't going to be a long story, but it will still be packed. I'm actually really happy with how this is turning out. My writing is , but at least the story is good right?

I want all my subs back! COME BACK TO ME! COME BACK~

Also this is Jjong's outfit: He looks y right?