Six Months Later...

Starstruck

 

The snow was falling again. It had been almost six months since Jinki left for England. Six months since Jonghyun made his solo debut. Six months since Taemin and Minho bought their first home together. Six months since Kibum got a job as Kim Heechul’s assistant.

Kibum was moving forward. He couldn’t sit around and wait for Jinki to fall in love with him because he wouldn’t. Jinki was gone – in another country. He wasn’t coming back any time soon. How could you fall in love when you’re apart?

He was moving on. Or at least, that was his goal. Focus on your work, Key. Don’t give up, Key. You got to keep working, Key. He kept telling himself that over the last six months.

“Key! We have a new customer!”

Kibum looked up from work and glanced over at his employer, the great Kim Heechul. He was a famous designer in Korea. His works hit the United States and Europe, but he preferred his home above all. He was animated and often had strange hair colors – bright red and silver were his favorites. He was kind, but was willing to tell you if you’re worked and often that was the case.

He hired Kibum on a whim. He needed a new secretary who would be blunt and honest, not someone who would lie down and take it. He wanted a fighter and that was what Kibum was.

Kibum had been waiting in line for 10 minutes. He wanted coffee – he needed the coffee but Heechul came out of nowhere and got in the front of the line. Kibum stepped out of line and said he didn’t care if Heechul was famous; he had to wait like the rest of them. Heechul listened and went to the back of the line, grinning ear to ear. If he didn’t fire his old secretary, he wouldn’t have been there in the first place; luckily for the both of them, he did.

The blonde smiled and grabbed his notepad, making his way to Heechul, “Who is it this time?”

“Oh, you will see, my dear Bummie,” Heechul said as he patted Kibum’s face. He walked into a room where a short-ish male stood in front of a mirror, surrounded by two other people, “I would love for you to meet, Bling Bling. Our newest endorsement.”

Kibum froze. No. It couldn’t be. It was.

The male turned around and instantly his eyes widened, “Key.”

“,” the blonde muttered as he stared wide eyed at his old friend. After Jinki left, they all pretty much drifted apart. Jinki rarely called, Taemin and Minho were focused on themselves, Kibum got a new job and Jonghyun stayed in the spot light.

A few days after the eldest left, Kibum and Jonghyun got into it. Jonghyun was sick of seeing Kibum mope around, telling him Jinki wasn’t worth it and that he’d be back and to give up because he was straight.

The diva didn’t like hearing it, no matter if it was the truth. He wanted to believe Jinki would love him, that Jinki would come back for him. He promised that he would. Jonghyun didn’t know anything.

They both wrote each other off and told Taemin and Minho to pick sides. Neither of them did and just went on their own way.

Heechul glanced between the two. He was both amused and worried, “You two know each other.”

Kibum nodded his head as he stared at Jonghyun, “Old friend.”

“Yeah,” Jonghyun replied, clicking his tongue, “Minho told me you got a big job.”

“Oh, did he? Taemin told me you’re planning on going on tour,” Kibum said back to him. Neither of looked away from each other until they heard an awkward cough.

“Well, this is very tense and very very – and I mean very – awkward,” Heechul said as he scratched the back of his, “The thing is, Key… and Bling Bl-“

Jonghyun cut him off, “Just call me Jonghyun.”

“-Jonghyun, the designs I showed you weren’t mine,” Heechul pointed at Kibum, “They were his. You were supposed to be Key’s first official endorsement. Overseen by me, of course, but still all him.”

Kibum shook his head, “Hyung! How could you do that without my permission?”

Heechul raised an eyebrow, “I’m your boss. You gave them to me. I won’t take any credit for them and I didn’t. I told Jonghyun they belonged to my best designer. You’re my best designer and my assistant and I just love you.”

The blonde would have smiled at that if it meant he was okay with what was about to happen. He would have to spend so much time with Jonghyun. He was still hurt by what Jonghyun said. Mostly because it was true.

“Key… I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think you could so it. I know you can do it and I want you to do it,” Heechul said softly to Kibum. He rested his hand on Kibum’s shoulder, squeezing it softly to reassure him. “Please do it, Key.”

Kibum stared into his boss’s eyes. He wanted to do it for Heechul. He had done so much for him over the last six months. They weren’t just colleagues; they were friends.

He slowly nodded his head, “Alright…”

“Wait, wait! Don’t I get a say? I’m the one being dressed up like a doll!” Jonghyun called. Both turned to look at Jonghyun, “What?”

Heechul smiled and looked at Kibum, “Go on.”

Kibum grinned and walked up to Jonghyun, “You picked my designs. I dislike you as much as you dislike me – probably more actually. Over the next few weeks, I will dress you up like my very own doll, alright Jjongie? If you complain, I will stick you with a pin. If you argue, I will stick you with a pin. If you ruin my outfits, I will kill you. Am I understood?”

Jonghyun stared at Kibum and slowly nodded his head. A bright smile spread across Kibum’s face and he patted Jonghyun’s cheek just like Heechul had done to him earlier, “Good boy.”

“Oh, one more thing!” The singer and designer turned to look at Heechul. “The contract is for six months. Throughout Jonghyun’s Asian tour and comeback. Have fun you two.”

“Six months?!”

ᘛᘚ

Author's Note: I’m sorry for the long delay! I’m in multiple Glee RPs, plus me and my mom started watching Doctor Who and we spend HOURS watching it, so I got distracted, but I don’t like the Eleventh Doctor so I stopped watching.

Anyways, I’m going to put For your Entertainment on hold to finish this instead. I will get to For Your Entertainment eventually, just not now!

Also, It’s my birthday! Well, it is almost over, but whatever. ENJOY <3