Chapter One

Starstruck

 

Cameras flashed relentlessly while excited voices chat and peering eyes try to catch a glance at the trio who would soon make their grand entrance. Rumors have been pouring out about those three and the reporters knew that today would be the day they would find out the truth.

7SECONDs was the biggest rock band in Korea. They had been together since they were seventeen in high school - best friends just trying to get their big break. Now seven years later, it was all ending.

The doors opened and the three emerged. The first one out was Choi Minho, the drummer. He was tall and thin and extremely attractive. He modeled a lot throughout 7SECONDs career. He also did TV and a few movie spots. He had curly brown hair and perfectly shaped almond eyes. He owned the room with his mysterious persona and sultriness.

The second to walk out was the Lee Jinki, otherwise known as Onew for his adorable and innocent behavior. He was the guitarist and spokesperson for 7SECONDs.  He had short, flowing auburn colored hair and a loveable smile that made everyone want to just hug him, but he still held plenty of integrity which made people want to listen to him and what he had to say. s often joked that he was the perfect leader.

The last to walk out was Kim Jonghyun, lead vocalist of 7SECONDs. It had been his idea that they even bring this band to life. He had multiple colored blonde hair with seductive lips. They all knew that Jonghyun was the real reason people listened to them. His voice was and when he sang the words, everyone felt like the words were meant for them.

They all made up 7SECONDs, a group that would go down in history, but many believed that it was all going to end with this press conference. No one was ready to say goodbye.

7SECONDs bowed before taking their seats. Instantly, Jinki was the first to speak, “We would all like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to see us today. My members and I have come to tell you something that may be hard to understand, but after long days and hours of discussion, we believe it is the right thing to do. 7SECONDs is announcing its disbandment.”

Voices and gasped echoed throughout the room while cameras began to snap without even a pause. The fear the whole nation had was now a reality. The reporters’ hands shut up in the air as their voices spilled out without warning.

“Why are you all disbanding?”

“Whose fault is it?”

“Was there is a dispute?”

“How exactly will you all live without 7SECONDs?”

Jinki cleared his throat, the room instantly quieted down, “Thank you for your concern and endless support for all of us. It has been an amazing experience for us all. Jonghyun will continue his singing career solo, I will be attending Oxford University in London and Minho will retire with his longtime boyfriend. We hope all of our fans will continue to support us through everything,” his smile faltered a bit and he hoped the microphone didn’t catch the chocking sound he made.

“This decision was mutual between all of us and we will miss these days we spent together. We have been friends since middle school and created 7SECONDs in Minho’s garage when we were only seventeen. The last seven years are years we wouldn’t take back,” he glanced briefly between s, seeing the looks on their faces killed him inside. He quickly turned his attention back to the crowd, “Minho and I wish Jonghyun much luck on his solo career. We know he will be amazing.”

Minho leaned forward and began speaking, “Jonghyun and I would also like to wish Onew proper congratulations for being accepted in Oxford. He is the only reason either of passed high school, so we know he will do amazing well,” the crowd laughed half heartingly at the joke.

All eyes turned to Jonghyun and he stared back at them, “And our best wishes go to Minho and his boyfriend and hoping they have a long ever lasting relationship,” Jinki said instead. His eyes glanced at Jonghyun for a moment before looking back at the audience, “Thank you all for everything. No questions please. Thank you.”

The three stood up once again and bowed before quickly making their way out of the room. Reporters tried to swarm around to get pictures, but security held them at bay. Once they were safety behind closed doors, Jonghyun kicked a chair out of his way.

Jinki and Minho shared a glance. Jonghyun was pissed when the two brought up breaking up the group. He had every right to be. They planned it behind his back and didn’t even give him any notice.

“Jonghyun, please calm down. You’re being dramatic,” Jinki said as he took a seat and grabbed a bottle of water. Before he could take a sip, Jonghyun smacked the bottle out of his hands and glared at him. Jinki looked up at him and sighed, “Jong-“

“Don’t. Don’t pretend like you even cared – like you ever cared about me,” Jonghyun spat at Jinki. “We were doing great! We were going to make a big comeback and sell millions! We would gain more fans – we could have gone overseas! But it is all ruined! You betrayed me!”

Minho picked up the now empty water bottle and threw it in the trash, “Jonghyun, the past few years, you’ve changed. All you care about is the fame and the fortune. You don’t even care that they won’t let your write your own music. You are the one who stopped caring. We just stop listening.”

Jonghyun stared at the two before looking away, “This was our dream.”

“No, Jjong,” Jinki said softly, “It was always yours.”

The singer glanced between his two friends and shook his head, “What am I going to do without you two?”

Minho and Jinki shared a look again before smiling and walking over to Jonghyun, “We’ll always be best friends. But what you are going to do is sing for yourself, alright? We want you to keep going, Jjong. We believe in you,” Minho said and Jinki nodded his head in agreement.

“… I am happy for you two,” he said softly. Minho and Jinki chuckled as they hugged Jonghyun tightly.

“Jjongie is back!” The two laughed and Jonghyun pushed them away, groaning, “Get off of me, you freaks!” The two stared at Jonghyun for a moment until a small smile graced the blonde’s face, “I hate you two.”

“We love you too,” Jinki and Minho laughed as they hugged Jonghyun again who continued to push them away, “Get off!”

 ᘛᘚ

Kibum shut the laptop and stared off into space. This was the first he heard of it. He had a feeling they would break up, but he never dreamed it would happen. He didn’t want it to happen. He didn’t want him to leave.

“Key hyung…”

He glanced over his shoulder to see Taemin standing there, looking at him sadly. He hated seeing Taemin sad. He was so beautiful and he should be happy. Minho was retiring for them to be together. It was romantic and so Minho.

Kibum and Taemin along with Jonghyun, Minho and Jinki had all be friends since middle school. All were completely different. Minho was the jock, Jinki was the nerd, Jonghyun was the bad boy, Taemin was the dancer and Kibum was the diva. No one knew how the five of them got along. It was an odd friendship, but not one they would ever give up.

But it wasn’t that simple.

Minho and Taemin had secretly started dating. They all promised each other no relationships, but those two were so perfect. The others knew it.

Jonghyun dated around with random girls and even guys for a while before he moved on. He always said that none of them were worth his time, but they all said he was secretly in love with someone.

Jinki only ever dated one person; an adorable sweet girl named Sunyoung who went by Luna. Kibum never dated anyone. He had his heart set on one person. Someone who would never feel the same way.

Kibum was head over heels in love with Jinki, but never in his life would he ever admit it. Jinki was so sweet and caring and he protected Kibum when he needed it. Jinki was his hero, but he could only watch him from a far.

Now his hero was leaving him for England. He never expected this. He didn’t want him to go. He wanted to run up to Jinki when he sees him and beg him to stay – beg him to stay and love him, never letting him go, but Kibum would never do that. Jinki always wanted to be a lawyer. He wanted to help people who needed it.

Kibum finally spoke up, “I don’t want him to go…”

Taemin walked up to Kibum and wrapped his arms around him, holding him tightly as the other cried into his shoulder, “I know hyung… I know.”

 ᘛᘚ

The five arrived at the airport and helped Jinki check in. As they reached the gate, Kibum kept his distance while the others chatted happily as if Jinki wasn’t leaving; just acting like it was another trip.

“I’m telling you, it happened. I saw it with my own eyes,” Jonghyun laughed, “She pulled off her bra and threw it at me. There are things I can never unsee.”

“That is honestly disgusting,” Minho laughed along with the others, “And old lady no doubt.”

Taemin giggled as he held onto Minho’s arm, “You should be used to it by now.”

“You never get used to that, Tae,” Jinki assured with his own laugh.

When they finally arrived at the gate, the laughing faded away. They all stood in a circle in silence. They could hear the excited fans behind the wall, trying to get a glance at the old 7SECONDs and Jinki’s departure.

Jinki looked up finally and smiled, but it was a very sad smile, “I’ll be back before you know it. You all won’t even notice I’m gone.”

Taemin crossed his arms and huffed, “That is bull.”

Minho raised an eyebrow at Taemin before looking over at Jinki, “He’s right. You’re like the older brother none of us wanted.”

Jonghyun scratched the back of his head and sighed, “Be good out there. Rock England’s world, you got it? Don’t become a native. Come back to good ol’ Korea, alright? I’m warning you, Lee Jinki. Get your back here.”

“I got it, I got it. I’ll come back. Just a few years. It won’t feel like anything,” Jinki assured them, but Kibum wasn’t convinced, “Key?”

Kibum looked up at Jinki, tears already running down his face. He shook his head, “I can’t d-do this,” he said before running off.

“Hyung!” Taemin made a move to chase him, but Jinki held him back, “I got him. Watch my stuff,” he said before running after Kibum.

When he caught up, he grabbed Kibum’s wrist and pulled him back, “Key, stop running.”

The diva looked at Jinki, tears pouring hotly down his face, his vision blurred, “How can you just leave me like this? How come you didn’t tell me?! Why did have I find out on TV?! Why Jinki?! Why?!”

Jinki pulled the frantic boy into his arms and held him tightly as the other cried. Kibum began hitting his chest, trying to get away, “L-let go of me!”

“I’m sorry.”

Kibum froze at the words. Sorry? Sorry for what? Sorry for leaving? Sorry for not telling him? He didn’t expect Jinki to actually be sorry.

“I’m sorry for hurting you… I’m sorry for not noticing,” Jinki said softly.

The diva’s eyes widened as he looked up at Jinki. No, please god no. “D-don’t…”

Jinki smiled sadly and kissed Kibum’s head before pulling away, “I’ll see you around, Key.”

Kibum watched Jinki walk away and the tears came pouring down once again. He shook his head, “Onew! You better come back! You hear me! Come back to me!”

The other glanced over his shoulder and smiled brightly at Kibum, “I promise!”

“G-good,” he said, softly; a small smile on his face as he watched the other leave. Jinki promised he would come back for him. In a few years’ time, Jinki would be back for him. He knew he would.

ᘛᘚ

Author's Note: This is an early birthday present for Malkom! She is turning the big 1-8! This is my favorite chica ever, my pimp of sorts! She is my bestest friend and I love her ;~; HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALKOM <3