Chapter Three

Starstruck

 

Despite the fact things were rough for the friends over the last six months since Jinki left, they kept in touch – sort of. Taemin only talked to Kibum while Minho only talked to Jonghyun. Kibum and Jonghyun made the two pick and they did what they could.

“This is stupid,” Taemin sighed as he walked over to Minho before settling in his lap. Minho’s arms wrapped around Taemin while his eyes focused on the TV and his hands continued to press buttons on the controller.

Minho nodded his head, “Yeah, babe.”

The red head blinked at Minho and turned his eyes to the TV. He narrowed his eyes and pulled the controller out of Minho’s hands, “Yah!”

He paused the video game before setting it on the table. He smiled at Minho, though Minho knew Taemin was not happy, “Pay. Attention. To. Me.”

Minho smiled nervously as Taemin and leaned forward kissing his lips softly, “Sorry, Tae. What is stupid?”

“Oh, you heard me then? This whole thing between Key hyung and Jjongie hyung,” Taemin said as he settled into Minho’s arms, wrapping his arms around the older male’s neck, “They were friends once. Jjongie hyung is just bent out of shape beca-“

“I know, Tae,” Minho smiled softly at his boyfriend. He brushed hair out of the boy’s face and rested his forehead against Taemin’s, “Things will work themselves out eventually. They always do.”

“How do you know?”

The phone rang and Minho reached over for it, answering it, “Hello?”

Key is my designer!”

Taemin raised an eyebrow before pulling his cell phone out of his pocket when it started ringing, “Key hyung?”

I am Jonghyun’s new designer!”

The two smiled at each other before hanging up on their friends. Taemin giggled and covered his mouth while Minho just grinned, “I told you so.”

ᘛᘚ

“Oh, that little ,” Kibum cursed at his phone. Taemin had just hung up on him. How could he do that when he was having a very bad day?! He didn’t want to see Jonghyun again. He didn’t want to be his designer, but he made a deal with Jonghyun. They’d only have a business relationship. No mentions of their past.

He stared out the window and sighed, “Jinki-ah… I miss you…”

ᘛᘚ

Kibum ran to the phone when he heard it ringing. He knew that this time it would Jinki. He just knew it. He needed to hear his voice. Jinki had called while he was out and he saved the message so he could hear Jinki’s voice whenever he really needed it, but it wasn’t the same?

“Hello?! Jinki?!”

“Key, hey,” the soft voice came from the other end.

Kibum felt tears well up in his eyes as he held the phone to his ear for dear life, “It is you…”

“Yeah… it is me. How are you?”

“I’m…” Kibum didn’t know how to answer that. At that moment, he was happy, sad, scared, heartbroken and so many other things. He wanted Jinki back. He missed him so much. “I’m….. I miss you so much,” he broke down, crying into the phone.

Jinki didn’t say anything right away. He sighed softly, “I know, Key… I’m sorry.”

ᘛᘚ

Jonghyun groaned as he pocketed his phone. Minho hung up on him. That . He was going to yell at him later and kick his at basketball. Too short, his . He could take Minho on.

He pushed away the angry thought as he headed back into the room. He saw Kibum standing there and over him sigh over Jinki. He pursed his lips and walked out of the room, leaning back at the wall. “Things were supposed to be different…”

ᘛᘚ

Jinki had only been gone for a few days when he rang Jonghyun. The singer was happy to hear from his friend. He wanted to hear all about London and all the action Jinki was probably getting because of his adorable ‘innocence’ everyone thought he had.

He picked up his phone and answered, “’Ello mate,” he said in a terrible English accent.

“No, no… don’t… don’t do that,” Jinki said. He knew that his friend was shaking his head on the other side, but it just made Jonghyun laugh, “Alright, alright. So how is it going, man? I miss you.”

“I miss you too, Jjong. How is everyone?”

Jonghyun’s face faltered slightly, “Everyone is great… just great.”

“How is Key?”

The blonde leaned back in his seat and glanced around the studio. He didn’t want to answer Jinki because he didn’t like how Kibum was. He cried and he yelled and he wanted nothing to do with him. He only wanted Jinki.

He heard Jinki sigh on the other side, “I thought that was what you’d say… or not say, I guess.”

“He loves you…”

“I know,” Jinki replied quickly. Jonghyun was shocked, but the shock went away. Jinki was good at pretending like he knew nothing when he knew everything, “Jjong, I need you to do me a favor.”

ᘛᘚ

Jonghyun looked into the room and sighed. How could Jinki ask him such a thing? He tried it and it ended up turning his and Kibum’s relationship to . He wanted things to be okay between them. He wanted Kibum to be his friend again, but it didn’t seem like that was going to happen.

“You okay there, Bling Bling?”

The singer jumped and turned to look at Heechul who was smiling like he knew a secret and Jonghyun feared that he did. “Yeah… fine.”

Heechul grinned as if he was saying I-see-right-through-you, “Okay then. Have a good day, cutie.”

He patted Jonghyun’s shoulder before walking in the other direction. Jonghyun could have sworn he heard Heechul laugh like he was an evil mastermind in a movie. He shuddered and shook his head, “He scares me.”

ᘛᘚ

Feet stepped off the plane and went through the tunnel, holding his arm strap on his arm. He walked into the airport. He made his way to the carousel to retrieve his bags. He tapped his foot on the ground and waited patiently for his bag as he listened to his iPod.

When his bags came, he pulled them off and loaded them on his cart. He pushed it to the exit and stepped outside. He took a deep breath before a bright smile spread on his face, “I’ve missed you, Korea,” he said in perfect English. 

ᘛᘚ

Author's Note: Okay, this chapter is dedicated to Sunny (And so is the next chapter that should be up in the next few hours). She is having a bad day and I just wanted to give her something. She is honestly one of my most loyal fans and I love this girl to death. Sunny, I love you! <3