Chapter 8

You are Mine

Yuju feel every cells in her body are hectically bumping into each other, her every nerves are sends electricity one to another. She barely keep herself calm when that time her hand is on Hoshi's warm hand. He insist to drive her back to her dorm, when he actually not necessary to do that because her Manager is there with her and definitely will make sure she get back safely to her dorm. But after he finished his second day fan meeting, he insist to borrow a car from one of the staffs to drive Yuju back to her dorm. So then GFriend manager was in the back seat, while Yuju was in the passenger seat next to him. Hoshi also insist to walk Yuju until the front of her dorm door.

 

So there they are... in the elevator, just two of them, Manager-Oppa finally give up and let them have some times alone, he left by cab after Hoshi drop them at GFriend's dorm building parking lot.

 

Silence... awkward moment...

 

The elevator door open. They come out, walking side by side on the hallway, hand in hand, still in silent mode.

"Uhm... may I know what makes you finally accept me?" Hoshi break the silence betwwen them.

"Uhm... honestly I'm not sure either..." Yuju awkwardly chuckle, "It's just... uhmm... these days when we barely meet and contact each other... I... I kinda... miss you..." Yuju timidly confess while hiding her blushing face, "Maybe that because you succeeded to make me feel comfortable and get used to your existance in my life lately."

Hoshi grinning, can't help to feel so happy, almost can't hold himself to jumping and shout his happiness, in the end he just tighten his hold on Yuju's hand.

"I miss you too. A lot." He said bluntly.

 

They finally get at front of GFriend's dorm door.

"Are your members already home?" He ask.

"Uhmm.. they might still on the way from our last schedule." Yuju said.

"Then you alone?" He ask in somehow kinda hoarse voice.

"Yeah. But they might arrive in not too long." Yuju innocently said back.

"You must be tired, just get inside." Hoshi said.

"After Oppa go." Yuju said back.

Hoshi grinning, "No. You get inside first then I'll go."

"No. Oppa must be more tired than I am, so Oppa go first, then I'll get inside after." Yuju insist too.

 

"Yah! Stop your chessy lousy lovey dovey bickering before I smack both of you!" Suddenly there's somebody scold with obviously irritating tone.

Yuju and Hoshi turn to look at the voice source. It GFriend girls arrive with irritating faces.

"You want to have a 'taste' of my smack?" Sowon savage tease.

"Anyeonghaseyo Noo-Nim and girls." Hoshi greet and bow specially to Sowon.

 

"You've done your mission?" Sowon ask to Yuju.

Yuju nod excitedly with grin plastered in her face.

"Thank you for let her came to me." Hoshi gratefully bow again.

"You bettet treat her nicely, or we gonna mess you up." Yerin warn.

"Okay. I'll keep that in mind." Hoshi said back.

"So you are a couple now?" Eunha ask.

"Tch! Unnie, can't you see how they even not let go off their holding hand even when we here?" SinB's tease blushing Yuju. But when she try to let her hand off, Hoshi not let go, the girls obviously see that 'hands battle' and it makes them cringe.

 

"STOP IT!!" The girls yell in unison in irritating face expression that make Yuju blushing while Hoshi chuckle.

 

*****

 

Yuju is sulking while staring at Sowon who talk on the phone with 'somebody' that Yuju know for sure who the person is.

"Hey.. don't sulke like that! Hahaha! It's not like Unnie will seize him from you..." Yerin tease.

Yuju's pout getting worse, "But he not called me for days, today he finally call but to talk to Sowon Unnie. Don't you think I deserve to sulke?" She ask furiously.

"But you not supposed to be mad at Sowon Unnie..." Eunha said.

"No! I'm not mad to Sowon Unnie, but to HIM!!" Yuju emphasize her tone at the last word 

The girls chuckle.

 

Sowon walk to to the girls while still talking on the phone, "... She sulking right now. So make it up to her!" Sowon said then hands Yuju's phone back to the sulking girl that just stay on her seat.

"I don't think he still need to talk to me." Yuju upsetly refuse.

"Talk to him!" Sowon's command refutably, force Yuju to accept back her phone, then go to the corner of the room, to having some private space.

 

*on phone talk

Yuju : "Hello.." (sound unexcitedly)

Hoshi : "Hi, Jagiya!!"

Yuju : "..."

Hoshi : "Awww~... please don't mad. I really have somethings important to ask to Noo-Nim. About college life, time management, somethings like that. Really."

Yuju : "..."

Hoshi : "Are you gonna just stay silent?"

Yuju : "..."

Hoshi : "I miss you. I miss to hear your voice. Are you gonna keep punish me like this?"

Yuju : "..."

Hoshi : (sigh) "You know how busy I am lately. College entrance and Seventeen's World Concert, remember? It's not like I just play around and forget about you. Definitely not."

Yuju : "..."

Hoshi : "I miss you so much, Yuna-yah..." (in hoarse voice full of emotion)

Yuju : "..."

Hoshi : (sigh) "Fine. Tomorrow I have to go to Yokohama for next concert since we finished on Gobe."

Yuju : "..."

Hoshi : "Okay then... do good on your performance. I will watch on streaming. Eat and rest properly. Don't get sick. I miss you a lot."

Yuju : "..."

Hoshi : (sigh) "I'm sorry to have leave you for such long time, right after we just became official couple. See you on April. I miss you a lot. I'll try to call you later or at least text you later. Please don't sulke too long, babe.... Bye then..."

*Yuju still can hear Hoshi's last sigh, then end the phonecall.

 

Yuju burst in tears. Facepalm. Her members quickly gather around her to soothing.

"He keep told me (sobs) that he miss me (sobs) a lot... (sobs) but I...(sobs) I just stay quiet (sobs) to upset and selfish to let him hear my voice (sobs)... when he also told me how he miss hear my voice (sobs) since he very busy and hardly to spare time to contact me (sobs). Why I did that such thing? I even not congratulate him for his successful for passed the entrance college (sobs). Yuna you fool!! (Sobs) Oppa must be very tired of his tight schedules at his Japan activities (sobs). I should encourage him (sobs)... but I just keep sulking at him (sobs). He even told me to have to eat and rest properly (sobs), to not get sick (sobs), to perform well (sobs)... What a useless girlfriend I am... (sobs)." Yuju let her heart out between her cry.

 

"It's good that you realize your mistake quickly. Then you just should tell him. I believe that it gonna make him glad and become a meaningful support for him to gain strenght to do well on his activities." Sowon wisely advice.

"Yeah.. don't shame to say sorry. It will make better for sure." Yerin encourage.

"Just call him now, Unnie! Don't waste time too long, it gonna just expand his torturing time.." SinB support.

"Yeah, call him and tell him everything that you just told us just now. I'm sure he gonna be very happy." Eunha also support.

Umji hands a tissue, "Here, wipe your tears. Smile. Then call Hoshi Oppa. We believe, you gonna be glad after that."

Yuju accept the tissue, wipe her tears. SinB give a bottle of mineral water that Yuju gladly gulp. Then with all her members support, Yuju dial Hoshi's number to call.

 

Yuju take a deep breath, listening to waiting tone nervously.

"Oppa might too upset now to pick my phonecall." She said desperatedly.

"Maybe he just go for practise or toilet and not bring his cellphone. Don't give up yet..." her members try to encourage.

Suddenly Yuju yelped... as she hear Hoshi greet her from across the phone.

 

*on phone conversation

Hoshi : "Hello?"

Yuju : "..." (froze, too nervous to greet back)

Hoshi : "Yuna-ya?"

 

SinB slap Yuju's arm, irritatingly, "Unnie, talk!" SinB savagely command.

 

Yuju : (yelped) "He-.. Hello... O-... Oppa. Hello, Oppa."

Hoshi : "Ah.. finally you talk. I was so worry that you terribelly mad at me."

Yuju : "Uhmm... I'm sorry for acted childish."

Hoshi : (chuckle) "It's okay. It mean you care about me."

Yuju : "Of course I care... a lot." (she said timidly)

 

As finally Yuju said those words in that kinda admit tone, the girls aware that the problem has solved. There's nothing to worry about. Then they away to give some private space for Yuju.

 

After end the phone conversation, Yuju look happy. She join her members to joking and goof around.

 

 

After that incident, Hoshi also show his effort to contact Yuju more. Everyday at least a text from Hoshi will make Yuju's day. The girls are happy for Yuju and Hoshi progress.

 

 

*****

 

Hoshi really can't wait to see his girlfriend after more than 2 months they couldn't physically meet due to his bussiness at Japan. He really miss her a lot. That's why eventhough he just landed back at South Korea, but right after he brought his lugage on Seventeen's dorm, he quickly snatch his motorcycle key. He ignore his tiredness and prefer to satisfying his urge to see her.

 

"Soonyoung-ah! Are you really have to go to see her now? I think you better have a rest today and just go to her tomorrow!" S.Coup, his leader-hyung advise.

"It's okay, Hyung. I won't too long. I really have to see her today. Can't hold much longer. Miss her so much!" Hoshi said bluntly make all s cringe and shout protest of his cheesiness, but Hoshi just laugh, satisfy that he successfully annoyed s and make them jealous by the fact that he have a girlfriend to miss to.

 

Hoshi call GFriend's Manager to ask their current position and ask permission to meet Yuju later, gladly he got permitted, with note to keep it a secreatly from public, and Hoshi said he will try his best to sneek out.

 

 

 

Hoshi arrive at particular university in Seoul. He park his matic motorcycle safely at the parkinglot, then after save his helmet and put a cap and masker, he walk to the venue, that university main stadium. It's outdoor event. Such huge crowds. Youthfull.

 

This can be good practise since I'm gonna be college freshman too. Hehehe...

Hoshi thought excitedly.

 

Hoshi blend into the crowds just like normal college boy there. He has interest to see and experience everythings there, also to enjoy the youthful athmosphere, but not too long until he remember his actual purpose to be there is actually Yuju. He then go to find artist's waiting room. Luckily he notice one of SouMu staff smoking at the outside building, then approach him.

 

"Anyeonghaseyo, Hyung." Hoshi bow politely.

The staff look at him confusely. Then Hoshi remember that he should let him see his face a bit. So then Hoshi let down his mask for a bit, then that staff grinning in undestanding.

"Ahh... anyeonghaseyo." He chuckle, "Want to see Yuna?" He guess bluntly.

"Yes." Hoshi also can't hide his eyesmile, "May I?" He ask.

"Sure. Here... I lend you a free-pass so you can enter. But, keep it as a secret, okay?" He remind while hands a free-pass card to Hoshi.

"Yes. I got it, Hyung. Thanks." Hoshi accept the free-pass card gladly.

"Their waiting room is on the right corner." The staff inform.

"Okay. Thanks again, Hyung." Hoshi bow politely then left to find the room.

 

It's not difficult, he find it easily. He knock at the door that has a 'GFriend' label on it. The door then open from inside, Hoshi enter the room.

"Anyeonghaseyo!" He bow deeply while greet them cheerfully.

The girls recognize his voice then turn to look at him.

Hoshi take off his mask and show his famous eyesmile. He put the snack bags that he bought for them from the food stals on the event venue, and also souvenirs that he bought for them from Japan.

"Wow! Thanks!" The girls look so happy and excitedly pick the souvenirs while munching the snacks that he brought for them.

 

Hoshi look around, he can't find Yuju in that room.

"Yuna is strolling around the venue with Eunha. Just wait for a moment. I think they won't too long, since they left a half hour ago." Sowon tell.

"Yes, Noo-Nim. I'll wait." Hoshi's answer like a soldier to his general, make everybody in that room laugh at his funny act, while Sowon pout, annoyed.

 

But after a while, there's no sign of Yuju and Eunha back to that room. Hoshi start to worry. He then decide to call Yuju's phone, but he just got 'the number you call is currently unactive'-notification. The girls are accompanying him by asking about his Japan-activities and his college entrance.

 

Suddenly the door is open, Eunha enter the room and quickly take off her seems wet hoodie.

"Eunha-yah, where's Yuju?" Yerin ask.

Eunha who busy rub her drench head turn to look at her members in confuse stare, "She's not get back here yet?"

"Yah! Both if you were went out together, so how come now you get back here alone?" Sowon ask in somehow threatening tone.

Eunha gulp hardly, "I was need to go to the toilet, Yuju supposed to wait for me right in the outside, but when I came out, she's not anywhere I can find. So I thought she get back here first. I even plan to scold her for left me..."

"But Yuju Unnie is not here yet." Umji said.

"Unnie, you wet, is it rain right now?" SinB ask.

"Yes. Heavily." Eunha tell.

"And Yuju Unnie is still outside. Alone. While it's heavily rain... can she get back here by herself? You know she clumsy and easily lost direction. Ouwh~..." Umji start to worry.

Sowon quickly try to call by phone. After waiting, she scoff, "It's unactive."

 

"Let me go to find her and get her back here." Hoshi said, "Where the last time you separated?" He ask Eunha.

"Toilet near the garden, near the Tteokbeokki stals, if you get out it's on the right stadium gate." Eunha said.

"Okay. I go now." Hoshi almost run to the door, when Sowon stop him.

"Bring umbrella with you! It's rainning, remember. If you feel don't need it, but at least you still have to bring it for Yuju. I don't want her to catch cold." Sowon said then quickly find an umberella then give it to Hoshi.

Hoshi about to run again, but then he ask, "What clothes Yuna wear? What color?"

"It's red hoddie, black jeans and navy cap." Umji tell.

"I'll go too." Manager-Oppa said, "You girls, just stay here, and try to call her by phone, if there's a respond from her, let we know." The girls nod.

Then Hoshi, Manager-Oppa and few other men staffs go to look for Yuju.

 

It's about a half hour, Hoshi is still running through the heavy rain to look for Yuna. There's also no good news from the girls who keep trying to call Yuju or other guys who also look for Yuju.

The crowds that he saw when he just arrived is disappear now. Everybody seems go to the nearest building to take shelter.

 

Ahh! Soonyoung you fool!! Then you should try to search where people take shelter too.

Hoshi cursed himself, then run to the nearest building.

 

Hoshi run to the entire building, climb up the stairs to every floors. Seek on every rooms, even toilets and storerooms. Every corners also emergency exit stairs. He keep running. Ignore his panting breath. In his mind just that he must find Yuna as soon as possible. He stop in one of rooftops of that university building and look down to every direction, he thought that from there, he gonna able to have wider range of view to entire area, he hopes to catch glimpse of Yuju. But he find nothing...

 

"YUNAAAAA...!!!" he can't hold himself anymore to shout her lungs out to call her name worrily. He call her few more times, then decided to not waste time there and search on another places.

 

Hoshi is running around on the event venue once more. He thought that Yuju might just strolling around that area. The rain is still heavily, as if pouring down from the giant bowl above the cloud into that place. Hoshi even start to worry that is it gonna be flood there in any minute, since it rainning really heavily.

 

He stop for a while in the middle of crossroads to catch breath. The umbrella failed to cover him from drenching, since he move too much in the heavy rain and windblows, recklessly steps on the puddles, that's why there's mud splashed on his clothes. But he not mind all of that, since his mind is just to find Yuju as soon as possible.

 

C'mon Soonyoung-ah, think!! Where else she might be?...

He force to think and remind are there places that he missed to search.

 

Let's think simple. Eunha said he separated with Yuna at the toilet. She should wait for her in the outside.

Uhmm.... is it possible that she actually still there to wait for Eunha?...

But Eunha said she couldn't find her there...

Is it possible that she wait in the other side than Eunha's out?...

Uhmmm......

I also not search the toilet yet.

What a dumb!!!

I should search there first.

Soonyoung you fool!!!

Hoshi curse himself while start to run again to find the particular toilet.

 

Hoshi try to remember what Eunha's said about the direction :

Toilet near the garden, near the Tteokbeokki stals, if you get out it's on the right stadium gate.

 

Hoshi run to the right side of stadium gate, but there's nothing there like what Eunha's said. There are no garden or Tteokbeokki stals... he find ice cream stal and noodle stals.

 

Arghh!!

Do I missed remind the direction?

Or...

Do I missed interpreted?

.....

Hey... wait a minute...

Eunha said : 'if you get OUT it's on the RIGHT stadium gate'

But I'm already outside...

Then....

It should be on the LEFT stadium gate.

.....

Ouwh!! Geez!! Soonyoung you DUMB!!

 

Hoshi quickly run to the opposite, to the left side of stadium gate, then finally from afar he find the Tteokbeokki stals, then find the small garden on the behind the stals, then the toilet, It's really like what Eunha's told, it's near the garden. Hoshi run around that small building of toilets and storeroom. Then...

 

There she is...

A young pretty girl in oversize red hoodie that trembling in cold, her navy cap can't hide her trembling lips that used to be red and moist but that time turn to blue due to cold, she squat leaning to the wall, while hugging her knees close to her chest, trying to warm herself.

Hoshi feel really really glad. He sigh gladly.

 

*****

 

When suddenly there's somebody with dirty shoes and pants full with mud splattered stop close right in front of her, Yuju doesn't has another idea than to lift her face to take a look at that somebody's face to know who the person is.

She really doesn't has thought that somebody will be... Hoshi. Since as she know, Hoshi is at Japan for his group activities. He did told her that he will back to Seoul on April, and that day is April indeed, but he never told her that he will back that day, but Yuju also never try to ask what exact date of April he'll back. What a lame... huft~...

 

"Oppa? What are you doing here?" That's what only Yuju possibly thought to ask that time while take off the earphone.

Hoshi chuckle at how innocent Yuju's question and how adorable yet pitiful she look right now, "Looking for you. What are you doing here? You should just go back to your waiting room so you not drench by this heavy rain."

"But Eunha hasn't come out yet... she inside the toilet and ask me to wait her here." Yuju innocently said.

 

Oh my God! How could You created this such an adorable girl.

Hoshi hardly hold himself to squeal and squeez Yuju at that time.

 

"C'mon! Let's get back to your waiting room. Your members are very worry about you." Hoshi offer his hand.

"But Eunha..." Yuju still insist.

Hoshi finally can't hold himself any longer, so then he grab Yuju's arm and pull her to stand up, "Eunha already on your waiting room."

"But... she... how can?..." Yuju stutter dunbfoundingly.

Hoshi boldly twine Yuju's waist, pull and force her to go with him, while make sure the umbrella properly shielding her from the rain.