Chapter 10

You are Mine

At secluded cozy café, in the afternoon...

Just after Hoshi pick up Yuju from filming 'Immortal Song Season 2' where she just had her first solo performance at that prestige show.

That day is the first holiday of Chuseok, when the most people are spend time with their family, migrant working/living/settled foreigner from out of Seoul also come home to their origin countryside to spend time with their family, so does with GFriend and Seventeen members. At time like that, Seoul become a bit calm than usual day. But because still have to fulfilled her schedule at Immortal Song Season 2 that day she postpone to go home, afterall her family home is not toi far Seoul, Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang is just less an hour from Seoul. While Hoshi is purposely postpone to go home to his ometown at Namyangju-si, Gyeonggi-do who also just less an hour from Seoul --- both of them from the same Gyeonggi Province, but opposite direction from Seoul --- just for making time with his girlfriend.

 

"Wheesung Oppa is really kind. He told me few tips for improving my vocal skill also tips for taking care vocal cords and how to warm it up. He also.... bla... bla... bla..."

Hoshi is feel really sick of hearing his girlfriend keep talking and complimenting about her favourite singer, and the worst part is Yuju keep calling Wheesung adding 'Oppa' behind his name with adoring voice tone. It's like punch Hoshi's epigastrium, it's choke him everytime he heard it.

Disregard that it's their first meet up, first date after months, due to their bussiness, Yuju with GFriend's two albums in such close time, while Hoshi with Seventeen's First World Tour. Hoshi plan to have a good time with his girlfriend but Yuju's babbling about how she head over heels awestruck to Wheesung Sunbaenim is really pissed him off.

 

Hoshi bang the table, causing a loud sound, "STOP IT! It's enough!!" Causing Yuju yelped.

"Yuna-yah, we just meet after months. I miss you a lot. But how can you keep talking about other man in that adoring way? Can't you have more sense? Can't you imagine how I feel right now?" Hoshi finally explode.

"Because we need to catch up each other news, that's why I tell you about Wheesung Oppa. I want you to know what happened to me lately. Are you not interesting about my life lately?!" Yuju argue.

Hoshi sigh, as if got a slapped by Yuju's argument, "It's not what I mean. Of course I'm interesting to catch up about your life lately. But... Jagiya please... (in desperate tone) you just keep talking about Wheesung Sunbaenim. ONLY about him! I won't protest if you tell me about your own activities, or your group activities, or about your family, or maybe your friends."

"I will tell you about the other things later!' Yuju insist.

"It's enough about Wheesung Sunbaenim! Other topic please!" Hoshi furiously nag.

"But I'm not done yet to tell you about Wheesung Oppa!!" Yuju keep insist.

"STOP calling him 'Oppa' in front of me! It pissed me off!!" Hoshi yell.

Yuju taken a back to heard it. Bu then while clenching her teeth, Yuju proclaim, "I hate you! Let's break up! Bye!!" Then Yuju snatch her bag and coat then rushingly walk away and get out from the café.

Hoshi froze a while, trying to digest Yuju's words, but then as soon as he get back into his sanity, he quickly run to catch up Yuju, but just when he about to get out from the door, the café's cashier stop him to remind that he not pay the bill yet.

"I'll be back!" Hoshi shout, then get out, but Yuju already stop a cab then quickly get in then the cab left, leaving Hoshi in despair.

 

"Aaarrrggghhh!!!" Hoshi shout upsetly.

Then he get back to the café to pay the bill. He try to call Yuju by phone, but she not pick it up. So Hoshi decide to just go home to his family home.

 

*****

 

GFriend's group chat...

 

Yerin : [You what?!!]

            [Broke up with Hoshi?!] -- gasp/shock emoticon

Yuju : [Yeah]

SinB : [Unnie, you the one who broken up Hoshi Oppa?]

Yuju : [Yeah]

Eunha : [Awww~... so saaa~ad... poor Hoshi Oppa] -- sad emoticon

Yuju : [Yah! Eunha-yah, don't you feel wrong to pity him?!] -- mad emoticon

Eunha : [Of course not]

              [You are the one who made fault]

Yuju : [Whaaaattttt??!!] -- gasp/shock emoticon

           [I'm the victim here!!!]

Umji : [Poor Hoshi Oppa] -- sad emoticon

Yuju : [Yah! Umji-yah??!!]

SinB : [I'm agree with Eunha Unnie and Yewon]

           [Yuju Unnie, you are the bad person this time]

Yuju : [Yah! SinB-yah?! Not you too...]

Yerin : [Yuna-yah, to be honest.. even me is irritated by the way you adoring Wheesung Sunbaenim, that's why this time I'm sorry to you, but I'm on Hoshi's side]

SinB : [Yup! Me too. I'm on Hoshi Oppa's side]

Umji : [Me too]

Eunha : [Me too]

Yuju : [Girls!! How could all of you...] -- cry emoticon

Sowon : [Yuna-yah, just have your time to contemplate]

               [There must be reason why all of us are on Hoshi's side this time...]

Yuju : [It's because all of you are not love me!!]  -- cry emoticon

SinB : [Then sorry to say that this time Yuju Unnie you are a selfish and stupid person!!]

Sowon : [Hwang Eunbi!! You don't have to be so harsh!!]

Yerin : [Yeah. Yuju still your unnie, you have to respect her, SinB-ah!]

SinB : [I'll respect her again after she get back her sanity!!]

*end of conversation

 

Yuju crying hardly on her bed. She feel dissapoint by her members who blame her and take Hoshi's side. Even more for SinB's harsh words.

In the morning, when Yuju go to the kitchen to get some water, her mother who cooking breakfast, ask her in concern, "Yuna-yah... are you cried last night? You having puffy eyes. What's wrong, Sweetie?"

Yuju gulp all milk on her mug. Then she tell everything to her Mom. Mrs. Choi is surprise hear that her daughter was having a boyfriend, who an idol too. Then surprise again that her daughter's relationship was broke just yesterday. Even more surprise when she know what caused the broke up and how the girls's responded.

"Everybodies blames me, Mom... (sobs) so of course I'm sad." Yuju whine.

Mrs. Choi caress her daughter's head dearly. "You know what, Dear... just do what Sojung told you to do." She carefully said.

Yuju frown, "Mom! Don't tell me that you also blame me?"

"Don't get mad too fast. Uhmmm... it's not that I blame you... but, uhmm.... Just do what Sojung told you to do. That's the best advice for now." Mrs. Choi try to carefully soothing her daughter.

Yuju pout then left the kitchen with stomping her feet, back to her room, and lock herself inside. She cry again. Feel languish, to be cornered by people she loves, the people that she hope will support her no matter what, but turns out they not this time. She feel betrayed and lonely.

But then while she spend her time quietly alone, what happened yesterday between her and Hoshi is roll back on her mind, over and over again. She remember every words that Hoshi said, his face expression, his voice tone. Also, her own words....

Then Yuju check on her text chat with Hoshi for all this time. She read it over and over again. Then finally she come to the conclusion, that the person who deserve to be blame at this situation is.... indeed herself.

Yuju feel so shame as she get back her sanity. She burst to cry. Then drift to sleep as she tired of crying.

 

 

****(you can skip this part, if you don't want to)****

 

Yuju wake up in the middle of the night, feeling so thirsty and hungry, also need to the bathroom. When she look her self reflection on the mirror, she yelped, shock at how horrible her look that time. Her hair is in terrible mess, her eyes are awefully puffy, her face look sad and tired with lips curved downward. She decide to take a cold shower also wash her hair, she need to lit her nerves and cold water is good to help recover puffy eyes. After shower and change into clean clothes, Yuju feel fresher than before, then she get out from her room, go to the kitchen, look for something to eat. She end up eat a bowl of fruit salad and cold milk in the dim light kitchen, no bother to turn on the main lamp.

 

"Yuna-yah."

 

Out of blue somebody call in the middle of darkness, make Yuju yelped in surprise. Yuju turn her head to the voice source direction.

 

"Dad. You scared me." She pout.

Mr. Choi chuckle, "Sorry, Sweetie." Then he get a glass of water from the refrigerator then sit next to his daughter.

 

"Are you feeling better now?" He ask in worry.

Yuju nod, "Did Mom told you?"

Mr. Choi nod, "Yes. And he also."

"'He'? Who's you talking about, Dad?" Yuju ask confusely.

"Yeah... 'he'. You know... your 'ex-boyfriend'. Kwon Soonyoung. Hoshi. He came here these evening." Mr. Choi said as he pick up a slice of watermelon from his daughter's bowl of salad then eat it.

"Hoshi Oppa was here?!" Yuju ask in shock.

Mr. Choi nod as he the salad dressing from his fingers

"So why you not call me?" Yuju ask in frown.

"We did. But guess you sleep to tight and not heard our called." Mr. Choi said as he try to pick up another watermelon, then Yuju end up give another fork to her dad, and Mr. Choi just smirk and continue picking up another slices from Yuju's salad bowl.

"Then what you talked about?" Yuju ask curiously.

"Uhmm... about him, his group, you... how you met, his feeling, when he asked you, how both of you doing your relationship, what happened lately to both of you, and of course about you broken up with him. Things like that..." Mr. Choi said casually.

"What do you think about Soonyoung Oppa, Dad?" Yuju ask.

"Uhmm... he seems nice. Good boy. He's funny too. His eye smile is cute indeed. Hahaha!" Mr. Choi chuckle, "And his plus point from me is because he manly enough to come here and talk to us and openly explain to us. He really care of you and he willing to fight to get you back. That's the most that I like about him."

"So... Dad, you and Mom like him?" Yuju ask.

"Yeah. He's okay." Mr. Choi answer seems without too much think.

Yuju low her face, "This mess, it's all my fault, right Dad?"

"Sorry to say, but yup." Mr. Choi carefully ask. "Are you falling in love to your Sunbaenim?... who's his name? Wheesung?" Mr. Choi stop picking up the fruit. But since Yuju not answering, he ask again, "Yuna-yah..."

Yuju just silent.

"You not gonna back with Soonyoung?" Mr. Choi start to worry.

Yuju sigh, "I do like Wheesung Oppa... he's one of my favourite singers since my younger day. And now I can know him personally, he really nice sunbae. So happy having him as Oppa. But... the feeling I get to him is different than to Soonyoung Oppa." Yuju analysing her own feel. "Dad, what your opinion if... I prefer Wheesung Oppa than Soonyoung Oppa?" Yuju can see that her father is a bit taken a back by her question.

"Uhmmm... honestly, I never meet him, so obviously I don't know what kind of person Wheesung is. So far what I know is just that your is pretty far. Can be good but can be hard for you... it's normal if you feel Wheesung is more mature than Soonyoung. That Hoshi boy is indeed still boyish, I guess he can naturally act childish even in front of you." Yuju nod with grin on her face, "But I bet, you love that side of him, don't you? The witty and naughty childish act of him." Yuju nod again with blushing face. "With Wheesung you might feel lead by him, you feel secure, and he can be perfect tutor for you. While with Soonyoung, you might need to struggle together, since both of you are still young idol, with carrier experience still less than 5 years. You might fight a lot, while Wheesung is settle enough to take good care of you." Yuju nod in agreement.

"The decision is up to you. Since you who will live it. Mom and Dad just help you to analyze both option and give you opinions from our sightview. Both of them have plus and minus points. But for now, one thing for sure is Soonyoung loves you and want you back. While Wheesung we don't know yet if he has another feeling to you other than as Sunbae-Hoobae and Oppa-Dongsaeng." Mr. Choi logically said. "So... what the decision? What you really feel?" Mr. Choi ask.

 

Yuju sigh, "I do like Wheesung Oppa, but I think... I like Soonyoung Oppa a bit more." Yuju said with blushing face..

Mr. Choi smirking, "So, what you gonna do?"

"But, what should I do to make it up with him? I'm dissapointed him and hurt him..." Yuju said heavily.

"Easy. How about to start to call him, say you sorry, then ask him back..." Mr. Choi said casually.

"Is that easy? I feel so shame..." Yuju confess.

"If you just give up to your shame, then will it's okay for you if you're not get back together?" Mr. Choi testing.

Yuju shake her head, "I'll call Soonyoung Oppa and ask him back. Is that really gonna be okay, Dad?" Yuju ask timidly.

Mr. Choi pat his daughter's head dearly, "Sounds good to me."

"You seems really like him, Dad?" Yuju ask.

"Uhmm... let me tell you something... when I have you at the begining, I'm so happy and I'm tried my best to support you on anything you want to do. Then when you had hard time at your trainee, I felt like want to stop you for doing that. It's hard for me to see that my precious baby girls is having hard time. But then you debut, and fortunately with such lovely group members, I'm so grateful. You look happy eventhough so busy with your activities as an idol,  I'm so proud of you, but everytime I saw you having hard time, again... I want to ask you to just stop. But you keep struggling and at the same time you look really happy everytime you sing, and get lots of love from people, so I thought that my precious baby is become more and more precious, not just for me but also for lots of people out there. Even more now, when a man come to me and your Mom to ask permission to be by your side, it's actually hard for us to let him enter your personal life. We wish that only kind and good person who can be by your side. We kinda not ready yet to share you with other people, because forever you will be our precious baby. But strangely.... I like him... and feel glad that there's somebody who love you not less than we, your family. We thought that he gonna be such a help to take care and protect you, our precious daughter. So, in the end I think it's not a bad thing. But it's not like I'm gonna let him marry you now and take you away from me... definitely not, not yet." Mr. Choi said long.

Yuju listening with teary eyes along her sniffles, but can't hold to chuckle hearing her Dad's last sentence. "Daddy~..." then Yuju hug her Daddy.

 

 

Later, in the morning...

Mrs. Choi is surprise to see her oldest daughter is sitting alone at their kitchen. Staring at blank space. While her husband sleeping on the couch.

"Yuna-yah..." she greeting her daughter, eventhough she already tried to call her calmly, but still make Yuna yelped.

"Mom... you surprised me. Good morning." Yuju greet back.

"Were you stayed up a whole night?" Mrs. Choi ask in concern.

Yuju smile, "Don't worry, Mom. I got enough sleep. I already slept almost a whole day since yesterday. I woke up passed midnight, almost sunrise."

"Why your father sleeping on the couch? As I remember he slept on the bed room last night..." Mrs. Choi wonder.

"Dad, woke about an hour after I woke. Then we talked. He just sleep again about an hour ago." Yuju explain.

"You talked?" Mrs. Choi ask. Yuju nod. "He told you about Soonyoung's visit yesterday?" She ask again, and Yuju nod again. "Then what you gonna do next?"

Yuju sigh, "How about you, Mom? What I'm supposed to do?"

"Do you still like Soonyoung?" Mrs. Choi ask. Yuju nod.

"How about Wheesung? Do you like him too?" Mrs. Choi carefully ask. Yuju nod. Mrs. Choi almost gasp. "Who do you prefer?"

"Mom, who do you prefer?" Yuju ask back.

"Soonyoung." Mrs. Choi said almost without thinking.

Yuju smirking, "You just like Dad..."

Mrs. Choi chuckle, "It's a compliment then..."

"What exactly Mom and Dad like about him?" Yuju ask curiously.

"Uhmm... I don't know... he seems sincere. Simple. Just being himself. Not pretending. When other men might come with lots of preparation and acting as mature dependable man, Soonyoung just show up to us still being boyish and naively told us that he loves you and want to stay beside you, he ask permission from us. How sweet of that..." Mrs. Choi squeal excitingly. Yuju blushing, imagine how the meeting yesterday.

 

"So, Mom... are you and Dad would let me with childish man than mature man?" Yuju testing.

"Of course not. Only to dependable man who willing to take responsibility to take care of you and give you lots of love. Age can't be standard of maturity and responsibility of a person. Eventhough Soonyoung shows his boyish and childishness but we also can feel and somehow trust him that he able and willing to take care of you and make you happy." Mrs. Choi said.

 

****(until this part)****

 

 

After had her breakfast, Yuju check on her cellphone, other than GFriend group chat there're inbox message from Wheesung and Soonyoung.

 

Wheesung Oppa :

[Yuna-yah, are you at home? Happy Chuseok Day. Have a pleasant time with your family.]

 

Yuju smile, then quickly reply :

[Yes, I'm at home. Thank you, Oppa. Happy Chuseok Day to you too.^^]

 

Then from Soonyoung :

[Jagiya ♡... Happy Chuseok Day. <3]

[Are you still mad?]

[You just joking about broke me up, right?]

 

Yuju sigh... He thought I'm joked. Then she reply.

 

Yuju :

[Happy Chuseok Day to you too, Oppa.]

[By the way... I'm not joking.]

 

 

A half an hour later... Hoshi is calling by phone, but Yuju purposely not pick up, as she think that Hoshi need to be 'trained'. Then after the ringtone call off, she receive text chat.

 

Soonyoung Oppa :

[You're not joking???!!!] --- shock emoticon

[Let's get back together!!!]

 

Yuna :

[Why should I?]

 

Soonyoung Oppa :

[But, my fault was not that bad... you can't broke me up just because that tiny fault...]

 

Yuna :

[Tiny?...]

[What fault that you aware, actually?]

 

Soonyoung Oppa :

[Overly mad and banged the table]

 

Yuna :

[That's all?]

 

Soonyoung Oppa :

[Yes]

 

Yuna :

[Then I advice you to have more self-contemplation]

 

Soonyoung Oppa :

[I already did that]

[I don't need to do that again]

 

Yuna :

[Up to you]

[Whatever] --- roll eyes emoticon

 

Soonyoung Oppa :

[So... can I meet you today? Then we can talk about it and make up...]

 

Yuna :

[I can't]

[I have family gathering today]

 

Soonyoung Oppa :

[Me too]

[But I think I can go to see you after that...]

[Is that okay?]

 

Yuju :

[It might done when too late at night..]

[I'll let you know if tomorrow I have free time]

[If not, then after we back to Seoul]

 

Soonyoung Oppa :

[But I have to see you today]

 

Yuna :

[Why you have to see me today?]

[There's plenty time except today...]

 

Soonyoung Oppa :

[Still... I have to meet you today]

[Because I miss you]

 

Yuju taken aback, her heart skipped a beat, touched by Hoshi's words.