Chapter 1

You are Mine

Hong Kong, MAMA 2016 behind stage...

Yuju is feeling nervous. She has big duty tonight and she really want to do good job. Her whole body is tense and and mouth strangely constantly dry. Suddenly there's a bottle of water hands to her. Yuju turn to look at who's the giver. It's her Leader Unnie and she's smiling at her. Yuju accept the bottle.

"Don't worry. You'll do a good job. I trust you." Sowon said while gently rubbing Yuju's back.

"Do you think so, Unnie?" Yuju ask.

Sowon nod firmly with encouraging smile plastered in her face. Then she twine Yuju's waist and pull the younger girl into her embrace. Yuju can't help to hug her back even thighter then her Unnie does.

 

Suddenly SinB came closer, "Yuju Unnie, don't forget your steps and be professional, touch Hoshi Sunbaenim's hand for real. If you try to make gap even just a slight, I'm sure it will shown and it gonna be look awkward. So don't do that! Okay? Think that as professional acting." SinB blabbering her advice, then go away unchalantly even before get any of Yuju's respond. Leaving the tall line unnies dumbfounding at that tsundere girl's act.

 

"Bossy kiddo~..." Sowon scoff while roll her eyes. Yuju laugh.

 

"Argh... I still can't believe why me who also do the dance colaboration... while SinB is our Main Dancer. I already got role for opening part with ballad version of our 'Rough'. I shouldn't take all the roles..." Yuju is whinning.

Sowon chuckle then jokingly slap Yuju's , pretending to punish, "Yah! How can you said that? While others just dream to be at your position.. you should be grateful."

Yuju sigh, "I'm sorry, Unnie. You are right. I should be grateful. This is indeed a great opportunity for me."

"Good girl. You listen Unnie very well. Don't worry. You'll doing great and make us proud." Then Sowon peck Yuju's crown head dearly.

Yuju tighten her hug. She feel grateful for her sweet, kind and wise Leader Unnie. Sowon is dependable and she always able to calm her down, even with just her presence.

Yuju loosen her hug then lift her face to look into her Unnie's warm eyestare at her, "Thank you, Unnie." Sowon smile to her.

 

*****

 

"Hyung, do great on your part. You gonna get spotlight. Hahaha! I bet it gonna look dramatic." Dino, Seventeen's Maknae, cheering excitedly.

"Yah!! You doubt me?" Hoshi pretend to offended, then he twine Dino's neck and lock it on his arm, until the maknae beg for mercy.

"Hyung, you'll do it with my high school mate, so please be nice to her." Dokyeom said with smirk.

Hoshi chuckle, then ask, "I don't know that you closed to her?"

"We're not." Then they laugh at that fact, "We just talked for couple of short time. Obviously just trivial chit-chat. Just been polite."

"You, polite? Tch... that's the worst joke I've ever heard." Hoshi tease that quickly get a glare from Dokyeom, but then they laugh together.

 

*****

 

During Yuju and Hoshi of Seventeen dance colaboration performance...

Their couple dance concept is as if Yuju and Hoshi are a couple of lovers in hard time. It's quite intense act actually, different from other parts of their groups musical collaboration, which is cuter and sweeter.

 

Yuju's thought...

His stare and body gesture are different than our practise. It lot more intense. His movement also feel different. Charming...

I should do good too. It'll be too bad if I waste his skill. Afterall it's gonna bring good value for our groups and especially both of us.

 

With that determination, Yuju do as best as she can.

 

Hoshi's thought...

She's doing great. I thought she just good at singing. Her face expression even like real. She seems immersed herself.

I can't lose.

I should do good too. It'll be too bad if I waste her skill.

 

With also that kind of determination, Hoshi do as best as he can.

 

In result, both of them immersed themself into the dance concept, try they best to convince themself that they are a couple of lovers who having quarrel and the break up just because no one willing to relented, but not want to let go entirely because they actually still love each other.

 

The skinship is indeed quite intense. They stick close to each other almost in all the the time.

 

There's a gesture when Hoshi at Yuju's back, with hands about to grab Yuju's shoulder..

At that time, Yuju can feel Hoshi's warm breath in her neck skin, it caused an unexpected goosebump. Then even more when they at some particular time when Yuju need to slightly touch Hoshi face while Hoshi stare at her. It happened just like in a second. But in just that a a second, Yuju notice how Hoshi's stare at her is send a weird feeling toward Yuju. There's a kind of sad but also mad at his eyes, and it somehow 'drown' Yuju immersed even more into their 'characters' that their 'play' that time, while their body naturally goes along the music and the situation just like their practised, but this time with 'realistic' feeling.

 

Then when they came at the movement, when Hoshi about to left then Yuju stop him by touch his shoulder, but then Hoshi shrug it off roughly. Yuju feel hurt in her heart by that rejection. Then when Yuju in return about to left, Hoshi grab her hand and pull her back roughly, Yuju almost throwed back due to Hoshi's powerful yank.

Then when Yuju still in process to calm herself, she surprise when Hoshi gently take her hand and bring it to his lowing head.

 

Hey... wait a minute... what's going on?

We're on stage now. In the middle of our performance.

Hey... what he about to do with my hand?

Is he about to KISS it?

But...

There wasn't that kinda movement on practised. Also there's nothing change plan even on last rehearshal.

 

With that sanity, Yuju quickly yank her hand off of Hoshi. She slightly notice Hoshi's dissapoint eyes looking at her. But Yuju's body naturally keep going like her practise along the music, she walk away on the long stage, leaving Hoshi alone above the spotlight. While Yuju doing her twist turn before start to sing her ad-lib opening next song, she catch the look of Hoshi in despair before then he turn around, run to the back stage, strangely it sad her. But the show must go on...

 

 

In the end, their whole package collaboration amazed the audience. 

 

But then something happened...

After performance both groups congratulate at each other. When it cames to Hoshi and Yuju. They end up freezing while staring at each other. Their groups mates become wonder why they act like that.

"Soonyoung-ah, what's wrong with you?" S.Coupe, Seventeen's leader try to warn while grab Hoshi's shoulder try to get his sense.

"Yeah, Yuna-yah, what's wrong with you too?" Sowon pats Yuju's back.

 

S.Coups and Sowon glance at each other as their understanding as group leader to decided for their member's behalf to take their respective member away.

 

But just few steps away when Hoshi turn around then run to directly grab Yuju's hand and pull her --- like what they did on stage --- Yuju gasp in surprise because the sudden movement, she even almost bump into Hoshi's chest.

 

"Can we be together?" Hoshi bluntly ask.

 

This time, both groups members gasp in surprise.