Chapter 14

Call Me Baby

Chanyeol sat on the couch in their hotel room, feet propped up on the coffee table, while Baekhyun snored away in the bed behind him.  It was Monday morning, and after a free skate program that broke the world record, and the exhibition gala that evening, not to mention the banquet, and the when they got back to the hotel room, Chanyeol had no problem letting Baekhyun sleep for a little longer. He wished he could still be cuddled up behind Baekhyun, but his body wouldn’t let him.

After a quick shower, he had ordered room service and then packed all of their things while he waited for the food to arrive. Now, he scrolled through his Instagram and Twitter notifications, liking a few things periodically, when his phone buzzed and a text notification from Yoora came through. ‘Tell him congratulations,’ it read and Chanyeol smiled. Yoora approved. ‘Ok,’ he replied.

Chanyeol yawned, and stretched before returning his attention to his social media stream. Most seemed to be saying the same thing. They talked about Baekhyun breaking the record, and about the changes to his program and how it had improved in the month since Korean Nationals. He lost himself to endless articles until he felt a warm body creep into his lap. He closed the apps on his phone and placed it on the arm of the couch.

“Good morning,” he said, running his hands through Baekhyun’s hair. It was soft and even though he caught a knot every now and then, Chanyeol couldn’t imagine it any other way.

“Hey,” Baekhyun responded, sleep still heavy in his voice. “Why did you leave me?”

“I didn’t leave you,” Chanyeol replied. “I just couldn’t sleep anymore, so I ordered us room service and packed everything so we can make a quick escape to get back to Seoul.” He ran his fingers down Baekhyun’s nose.

“You are the best,” Baekhyun said, yawning. He reached up and placed a small kiss on Chanyeol’s lips. Chanyeol leaned down to place another more forceful kiss on Baekhyun’s lips, but they were quickly interrupted by a knock on the door from room service.

Chanyeol hoisted Baekhyun up from his lap and slipped away to answer the door, and when he returned to the couch, he carried a tray of scrambled eggs, soup, and fruit. A perfect breakfast before another long drive back to Seoul.

“So,” Baekhyun said, stealing a piece of melon off the tray before Chanyeol could put it down on the coffee table. “Did you have a good time?”

Chanyeol placed the tray on the table, then sat back on the couch. He pulled Baekhyun to his chest and kissed him on top of the head. “Of course I did.”

Baekhyun smiled, looking away. “Ok. Um...the Asian Winter Games...Men’s singles are on Friday…”

“Yes,” Chanyeol said. “Yes.”

“Let me finish! You don’t know even know what I’m going to ask! I could be asking you to carry my bags from here to Japan!” He gently shoved Chanyeol before snuggling back against him.

“Fine, fine. Go on,” Chanyeol replied.

“Will...will you come?” Baekhyun asked, his heart pounding in his chest.

“Yes,” Chanyeol responded. “I need to check with Sehun and with work, but I think I could make it work.”

“I’d like that,” Baekhyun said, nuzzling further into Chanyeol’s chest.

“So would I,” Chanyeol replied.